WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Music
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:39 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Is there any way you could get your hands on a snippet of Watchmen-related songs and host them here? I don't know what the laws are regarding samples of songs, but I have never heard things like the Watchmen inspired piece by 3-D Invisibles' Vampires a Go-Go, etc.

Post subject: Re: Music
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:23 am 
The Watcher

Mannie Bothans wrote:
Is there any way you could get your hands on a snippet of Watchmen-related songs and host them here? I don't know what the laws are regarding samples of songs, but I have never heard things like the Watchmen inspired piece by 3-D Invisibles' Vampires a Go-Go, etc.

Watchmen inspired music, or music that is mentioned in the comic? If it's Watchmen inspired, I would need a definitive list of titles and artists, and what the connection is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:12 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I dont know exactly what you are asking for either, but i do know that the lyrics at the end of the first chapter are from 'Desolation Row' by Bob Dylan. Does anybody know what the song is thats coming from the boombox in the first chapter, something about looking down the stairs and somebody doesnt feel the weather (i dont have my copy with me)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:44 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

From 1977, Iggy Pop's Neighborhood Threat, appropriately enough.

Didn't we do this already?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:34 pm 
The Watcher

CLINT FLICKER wrote:
From 1977, Iggy Pop's Neighborhood Threat, appropriately enough.

Didn't we do this already?

Wel, this thread started becuase of a request to get snippets of music on the site. The link you have included here is the post where we discuss all of the music references in the graphic novel... but thanks for stopping the tangent before it got out of control :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:22 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I would need a definitive list of titles and artists, and what the connection is.

1988 : Vampires A-Go-Go
- Neurotic Bop Records.
(Monsters Across the USA, Cool Ghoul, Stake in My Heart, Mutant, The Island of Zombie Women, Midnight at the Wax Museum, Strange Adventures in Outer Space, Swamp Thing, Mummy on the Loose, Moon Over Transylvania, Vampires A Go Go, I Wanna Dig Up Bela Lugosi, Vampires from Venus, Watchmen, My Bloody Axe, Gorenography)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:46 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

I linked to the post where we discuss all of the music references in the graphic novel for the very reason that the question to which it was in direct response... was indeed regarding a music reference in the graphic novel. For the benefit of The Watchmen Kid, I was informing our new member that we had, indeed, done the whole Neighborhood Threat thing already.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:28 pm 
The Watcher

CLINT FLICKER wrote:
I linked to the post where we discuss all of the music references in the graphic novel for the very reason that the question to which it was in direct response... was indeed regarding a music reference in the graphic novel. For the benefit of The Watchmen Kid, I was informing our new member that we had, indeed, done the whole Neighborhood Threat thing already.

Isn't that what I said? I think you were reading sarcasm into my response. There was none. I thanked you. You were right. Please don't hurt me.