WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:41 pm 
The Watcher

So, I will definitely be attending the NYC Comic-Con in February. Not sure what days I will be there, but I'll be there for at least one, probably two. Let me know if you'll be there - maybe I'll find you and say hello.

http://www.nycomiccon.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:51 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Awesome. If I lived anywhere near NY, I'd come. WCM + ItsJustSomeRandomGuy = WIN.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Quote:
Sunday 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM, 1A07

Photographer Clay Enos discusses with artist Dave Gibbons the experience of capturing the live-action Watchmen in still images. As the official photographer on the set of Watchmen, Enos was there at every stage of production as director Zack Snyder filmed the adaptation of the legendary graphic novel. As well as creating a visual chronicle of the production, he also made time to work on a very special project -- a series of black and white portraits collected into the magnificent coffee-table book Watchmen Portraits. From the lead heroes to extras in the crowd, plus the crew who put the film together, his lens captured them all. Now, this panel offers attendees the chance to see an exclusive slideshow of Enos's breathtaking portraits and a look at how the real-life characters match up to the original comics counterparts that Gibbons created.

There's also something in there about comics and court cases *coughWatchmencoughSupermancough*. Sunday, 11:00PM - Noon, 1A21.

Have fun, DD!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:37 pm 
The Watcher

Already have the wheels in motion for a Clay Enos interview...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:02 pm 

DoomsdayClock wrote:

Nice one. Can you ask why he reacted so angrily to the fans' reaction to the first costume photos (March 6th 08)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:06 pm 
The Watcher

AYBGerrardo wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:

Nice one. Can you ask why he reacted so angrily to the fans' reaction to the first costume photos (March 6th 08)?

I wouldn't say he acted 'so angrily.' And, I thinks it's obvious why it irked him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:46 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Location: She is all States, and all Princes, I, nothing else is.
DoomsdayClock wrote:
AYBGerrardo wrote:

I wouldn't say he acted 'so angrily.' And, I thinks it's obvious why it irked him.

One of the pitfalls of not signing up for this forum in time...but enlighten a fan here? What happened on both the fans' side and Enos' side?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:43 pm 

Umm well there was quite a lot of junk added around the photos' borders

http://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen/2008 ... _go_1.html

Presumably some fans then spoke of the fear that the film will look more like 300 than the GN we all love

Zack then linked to Clay Enos' blog

At the time, the most recent post (and what Zack thought we should see) was the following:

http://blog.clayenos.com/2008/03/finally.html

I was disappointed that Zack linked us to it because, honestly, it appears that Enos is a jackass. I for one only talked about the costumes, yet Enos basically attacks us all by using the term "fanboy". He could have said "pedants" or any similar term but, no, he chooses the one that very much includes us. The guy seems very enthusiastic about his work (see the Crimebusters video journal), yet I despise his behaviour given that he is a fairly significant member of the production.

Imagine if, instead of treating us incredibly well, Zack went round saying "screw the fans!"
You wouldn't be exactly optimistic about the film then, would you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:39 pm 
The Watcher

Fresh new batch of WCM postcards getting printed now for the Con - featuring original Rorschach artwork by WCM forum member Aurelio Lorenzo

Get one from me (if you can find me), or at the "freebie" table if they have one.

The card is prefect for a Dave Gibbons or autograph as the back is mostly blank.

See you there!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:38 am 
I DID IT!

DDC,

Let me know if you need me to send more of the postcards from the batch I have (or bring them with me if I end up coming).

My personal interwebz:
Facebook (regular Carl™)
Twitter (caffeinated Carl™)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:41 am 
The Watcher

Comedian Carl wrote:
DDC,

Let me know if you need me to send more of the postcards from the batch I have (or bring them with me if I end up coming).

I ordered 1,000. That should be enough. Save yours for other events. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:54 pm 
I DID IT!

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Comedian Carl wrote:
DDC,

I ordered 1,000. That should be enough. Save yours for other events. Thanks!

Cool deal. I'll be promoting at MegaCon, which is a huge convention in Orlando that takes place the weekend before the movie comes, so out I'll just save 'em for that. :idea:

My personal interwebz:
Facebook (regular Carl™)
Twitter (caffeinated Carl™)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:04 pm 
I DID IT!

I'll be there all Saturday. I'm not famous, but I'll be happy to sign autographs. :lol:
One hundred dollars each. :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:22 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

i live in nj so hopefully i can convince one of my friends to join. most of them think they are too cool for comics so ill see. if not, have fun!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:55 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Digioac2 wrote:
i live in nj so hopefully i can convince one of my friends to join. most of them think they are too cool for comics so ill see. if not, have fun!

Where are you located in Jersey?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:28 pm 
The Watcher

A fresh batch of WCM giveaway postcards were just delivered today. They look very nice. Find me at the Con, and you can have one too.

(It wont be hard to find me. Just be at any Watchmen event and look for the putz carrying a big box of postcards. That would be me.)

Or you could give this asshole $5.00. :shock: