WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WCM appreciation thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:57 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

First off,I used the search function and didn´t find nothing,so I decided to start this thread.

After going through multiple movie forums,trying to talk about Watchmen,I finally found WCM.And after being here for a while I can only say that this is the best.Yes,people have different opinions,but they dicuss them in a logical way.Plus there are no fucking trolls.

WCM compared the IMDB board is fucking heaven,and I wanted to say "Thank you" to DDC for creating this place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:34 am 
Alien Squid Monster

RuiBK wrote:
First off,I used the search function and didn´t find nothing,so I decided to start this thread.
After going through multiple movie forums,trying to talk about Watchmen,I finally found WCM.And after being here for a while I can only say that this is the best.Yes,people have different opinions,but they dicuss them in a logical way.Plus there are no fucking trolls.

Seconded!!! Forum trolls rank somewhere between telemarketers and rotten eggs in terms of organic life. It's great to go somewhere to speak passionately about something you really enjoy, all whist entertaining other opinions and perspectives.

RuiBK wrote:
WCM compared the IMDB board is fucking heaven,and I wanted to say "Thank you" to DDC for creating this place.

[/quote]

Indeed - DDC puts a lot of work into this site and deserves any and all appreciation given.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:44 am 
The Watcher

Thanks Dr. StrangeOne. Loving the new avatar.

Also, so everyone knows, Dr. StrangeOne is a bit of a ringer - he helped me at the NY Con and the Apple store and he's a good friend.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 pm 
Watchmaker

This site is seriously the ultimate site for anything Watchmen.

Thanks to DDC and everyone else who makes this site such a great place!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

I have absolutely no idea where to post this, but
Comedian Carl??!

Call your lawyer bwahaha! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:58 pm 
I DID IT!

AYBGerrardo wrote:
I have absolutely no idea where to post this, but
Comedian Carl??!

Call your lawyer bwahaha! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My personal interwebz:
Facebook (regular Carl™)
Twitter (caffeinated Carl™)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:33 pm 
So impotent.

I can concur that this forum has offered some wonderful opportunities to keep tabs on the upcoming film, but I do have a bit of a question.

How is it that the forum continues to allow someone like Kingmob to remain an active member? Seems like he's good for nothing but insults and animosity.

While I pretty much considered folks like Empiire to be a shamelessly arrogant instigator and Mister Pain to be a self-involved know-it-all, they never seemed to cross that line. That, and they're pretty much givens in most internet forums.

WCM has had plenty of great discussions over the past year and there are some genuinely considerate members, but I know there have been plenty of folks who thought about joining in but ultimately hesitated on account of this kind foolishness.

Shame, really.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:44 pm 
Tired of Earth.

The Blank wrote:
I can concur that this forum has offered some wonderful opportunities to keep tabs on the upcoming film, but I do have a bit of a question.

How is it that the forum continues to allow someone like Kingmob to remain an active member? Seems like he's good for nothing but insults and animosity.

While I pretty much considered folks like Empiire to be a shamelessly arrogant instigator and Mister Pain to be a self-involved know-it-all, they never seemed to cross that line. That, and they're pretty much givens in most internet forums.

WCM has had plenty of great discussions over the past year and there are some genuinely considerate members, but I know there have been plenty of folks who thought about joining in but ultimately hesitated on account of this kind foolishness.

Shame, really.

This forum has over eleven hundred members. Our user base is comprised of people of both genders, all races, many religions and from all corners of the Earth.

With a group so large and so varied, it's to be expected that we'd have disagreements and arguments and agitators. I'm proud to say that DD, Carl and I have made a high priority out of trying to deal with our users in a fair and patient way. I'd like to think that this is a reason why our forum has done so well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:36 pm 
The Watcher

The Blank wrote:

Shame, really.

Anyone who gets out of hand gets warnings. If they don't change their behavior, they get banned. We've banned a handful of folks so far. None of this warning or banning is done on the public forums, so you wouldn't know if we've taken action or not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:31 am 
A pretty butterfly.

The Blank wrote:

Shame, really.

EmPiiRe x is one of the most easy-going guys on this site. I think you have him confused with someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:49 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Sasso wrote:
EmPiiRe x is one of the most easy-going guys on this site. I think you have him confused with someone else.

/agree

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Dr. StrangeOne wrote:
Sasso wrote:

/agree

I think he has him confused with me.
:twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:24 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

I didn't really like empiire x at first, but y'know what? He's alright. One of my favourite users on this forum. Wouldn't be the same without him. Or mister pain, for that matter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:21 am 
Alien Squid Monster

I would also like to share my love for this site.

Certainly my favourite for all things WATCHMEN or Alan Moore related.

Keep up the good work. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:23 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Anyone who gets out of hand gets warnings. If they don't change their behavior, they get banned. We've banned a handful of folks so far. None of this warning or banning is done on the public forums, so you wouldn't know if we've taken action or not.

So I guess someone banned that dude who was just posting stuff like Kid Rock photos? DAMB!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:30 am 
...I am Pagliacci.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the hard work that you guys have doing in the past few days. No easy task at this point I'm sure!

Good work!

of life to the decoding of the undulation of things."
-Nabokov, "Signs and Symbols"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:55 am 
Nothing ever ends.

Location: She is all States, and all Princes, I, nothing else is.
Sasso wrote:

Pffft, EmPiiRe x, BlackDoomShadow, and AYBGerrardo are some of my favorite posters here. Dunno what I'd do without 'em. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:43 pm 
Tired of Earth.

T.V. wrote:
Just wanted to say that I appreciate the hard work that you guys have doing in the past few days. No easy task at this point I'm sure!

Good work!

Thank you for noticing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:07 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

JiangWei23 wrote:
Sasso wrote:

Pffft, EmPiiRe x, BlackDoomShadow, and AYBGerrardo are some of my favorite posters here. Dunno what I'd do without 'em. :D

Absolutely. And this isn't the WCM Complainy Peoples' Thread, it's for appreciation.

And I appreciate these people a lot. I am still pretty new to this community but it's been overwhelmingly welcoming, and a great place to come to for insight, news, and good discussion. I only wish I'd found it sooner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Posted this in the final thoughts thread:

As the doomsday clock approaches midnight and this thread's closure, I wanted to add something I mostly forgot: this forum. Even though I read the book many years ago, I learned many new things about the symbolism and metaphors and other nuances I'd never seen before. This forum was the place I'd been looking for to find serious Watchmen fans. And originally, I assumed I'd have no reason to keep posting here upon the movie's arrival. Yet over the months I noticed this isn't a forum with people, it's people on a forum. Unlike many forums, the people here aren't faceless masks. I can immediately recognize many famous folk who contribute to this awesome atmosphere. I don't want to single anyone out for special treatment, but I do want to thank: Curiosity, for putting up with my antics; Vdtdcut5145 for giving me heads up on a preview screening that I ultimately was unable to attend; DoomsDayClock, for running this amazing website that has brought me unlimited new insight to my favorite book; The Guard, for posting his detailed review of the script back in November that helped settle my fears about the movie; and EmPiire x, for being my archenemy in the realm of picture-posting. Now that we're only hours before the movie, I can't see myself leaving you guys any time soon.

JiangWei23 wrote: