WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:19 pm 
Crimebuster

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I'm done with the Q&A for now. It's obvious that the questions will just keep coming until I've described every line and scene in the movie in vivid detail. I'm not willing or able to go that far. 8-)

:(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:22 pm 
Tired of Earth.

drdr47 wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
I'm done with the Q&A for now. It's obvious that the questions will just keep coming until I've described every line and scene in the movie in vivid detail. I'm not willing or able to go that far. 8-)

:(

Patience, folks. We've been waiting two years for this movie. Some among us have been waiting for twenty.

Another two weeks won't hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:39 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Thanks for the overview, Mr. DDC. Most appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:49 pm 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

I notice no one asked him if Adrian survived.

FOOLS! YOU WASTED THE OPPORTUNITY!

I am also a fool, as I forgot to ask as well.

Alas.

Quote:
Laurie does, but she's quoting the Doc.

What I'm getting at...

Does Jon ever say "The end? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends" to Adrian, or do they just give the line to Laurie so that the end has more of that "pun potency" we all love so much?

Oh. No more questions. Apologies.

I'm surprised no one else picked up the fact that Laurie now apparently says "Nothing ever ends" instead of Jon and cared about it.

"Triggered" is hardly a big deal, especially if it's executed well. Veidt chooses his words carefully, I can buy him saying "triggered" instead of "did" in a heartbeat.

And...how is "triggered" more evil?

Quote:
No. But they are heavily playing the angle that Adrian is very upset about the innocent lives lost - a necessary evil of his plan. It would have been weird for him to do an endzone dance in that scene and have it make sense.

I really, really like that.

"I did it!" with the raised arms always seemed rather juvenile, if triumphant (and very 80's), and sort of catapaulted him into "Bond villain territory". Albeit, successful Bond villain territory.

I hope there are tears in his eyes, as in the script.

And Veidt always understood what he'd done. He DID justify it, but he still understood it was a horrible act.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

The Guard wrote:

I hope there are tears in his eyes, as in the script.

And Veidt always understood what he'd done. He DID justify it, but he still understood it was a horrible act.

There were scenes featuring Matthew Goode in Brideshead Revisited that were delivered so well, so subtly played, that featured exactly these types of conflicted emotions. I couldn't help but watch his performance without thinking of Veidt, and there were many scenes that had me thinking 'They have so got the right actor for this part'. He may well steal the show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:54 pm 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

Yeah, I don't buy this "weak" argument. I suspect he's probably going to give a pretty reserved, nuanced performance that's loaded with subtleties.

Mmm...subtleties.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:51 am 
Minuteman

The Guard wrote:
Yeah, I don't buy this "weak" argument. I suspect he's probably going to give a pretty reserved, nuanced performance that's loaded with subtleties.

I've liked what I've seen of Goode, and think he'll do a great job, but he's really going to get so much flak for the "changing accents." Most people will probably think he's just being weirdly inconsistent with his accent, and overlook the rest of his performance. The accents were probably a bad move.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10