WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nutshell News Updates?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:39 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Well, without much activity on the main page to draw me into the forum, I have to admit that I haven't been reading (or posting) as much as before. I was wondering if there have been any nutshell headlines that I need to catch up on.

• I did notice that TotBF and Under the Hood were leaked before their official release. (Loved both of them)
  • I also saw that some (unconfirmed?) details regarding the DC release (July?) had been discussed. (Wasn't the original date supposed to be sometime in '10?)
  • I think I also read something about a sequel to the video game featuring Silk Spectre.

Apart from that, is there anything that I've missed? I'm sure the info/news links would be helpful to others as well . . .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:40 am 
Tired of Earth.

The main site is DoomsdayClock's turf, and I'm unable to answer this question on his behalf.

However, I do know that DD has a loving family to look after and a business to run. If he wants to spend time with both in this relative quiet after the havoc earlier this month, then I think he's earned it.

Give it time. When he comes back -- and he will -- he'll probably have some fresh new features for the site.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Gotcha.

Keep in mind this wasn't a criticism of the site. I was just looking for, as the subject header specified, nutshell news updates on the Watchmen movie.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 am 
Tired of Earth.

promethea wrote:
Keep in mind this wasn't a criticism of the site.

I understand completely. You had a question and I simply attempted to answer it as best I could.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:50 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I understand completely. You had a question and I simply attempted to answer it as best I could.

....by making promethea sound ungrateful to Doomsday's hard work. Such as saying:

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
However, I do know that DD has a loving family to look after and a business to run. If he wants to spend time with both in this relative quiet after the havoc earlier this month, then I think he's earned it.

Since promethea hadn't brought up DD at all in his post, I think saying all of that was unnecessary. He's not asking what the hold up on new info is. Just if he himself is up to date. I think DD deserving a break kind of goes without saying.

So, promethea, I believe you are as caught up with new info as the rest of us are. As far as I know there is no new major Watchmen news to speak of at the moment.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 pm 
Tired of Earth.

t3cii wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

....by making promethea sound ungrateful to Doomsday's hard work.

This was not my intention. In retrospect, however, I can see how that conclusion may have been drawn.

If my statements here have offended anyone, particularly promethea, then I offer my profound apologies.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:09 am 
The Watcher

I'm just taking a break. In the two months prior to the film's release I was posting upwards of 2-4 stories per day and that took up way too much of my time.

There hasn't been much Watchmen news lately, but I'll be posting few things this week I believe.