WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:58 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
I've been getting e-mail notifications recently for new posts to topics saying I've been "watching" that topic. Not sure why I'm only getting them now, but how do I turn it off?

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:00 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
>user control panel
>manage subscriptions

edit: 25 posts til i make the 7k club w00t


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:45 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
WJK wrote:
>user control panel
>manage subscriptions

edit: 25 posts til i make the 7k club w00t

It says I'm not subscribed to any, but I'm getting e-mails regardless.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:24 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
Godziller66 wrote:
WJK wrote:
>user control panel
>manage subscriptions

edit: 25 posts til i make the 7k club w00t

It says I'm not subscribed to any, but I'm getting e-mails regardless.


can you send a reply email saying to stop?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:33 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
The only way I can stop this - I think - is to disable the feature for all users, which I don't think is a good idea. Not sure if it will even stop it for you. Sorry.

Maybe you should just block the email address it's coming from.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Maybe you should just block the email address it's coming from.

Well, if I do that I won't be able to receive e-mails from the site at all.

Besides, I don't even know how.

In conclusion, please stop spamming me with e-mails for no reason.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
Godziller66 wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Maybe you should just block the email address it's coming from.

Well, if I do that I won't be able to receive e-mails from the site at all.


Isn't there an option to block the sender but not the server it comes from ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Maybe you should just block the email address it's coming from.

Well, if I do that I won't be able to receive e-mails from the site at all.


Isn't there an option to block the sender but not the server it comes from ?

I have no idea. To be blunt, though, it shouldn't really be my job to figure it out seeing as how it's clearly a fuck-up on the part of the site itself.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
Godziller66 wrote:
I have no idea. To be blunt, though, it shouldn't really be my job to figure it out seeing as how it's clearly a fuck-up on the part of the site itself.


Harsh much ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
I have no idea. To be blunt, though, it shouldn't really be my job to figure it out seeing as how it's clearly a fuck-up on the part of the site itself.


Harsh much ?

The truth hurts.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: "Changing" a Topic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:12 am 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Maybe when Doomsday Clock is done fixing this problem for you, he could provide you with a robot to carry your rapidly atrophying body from room to room while it spoons Life cereal into your slack and drooling jaw.

I don't know where I'm going with this, I just think that's a funny image.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Changing" a Topic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Broken Finger wrote:
Maybe when Doomsday Clock is done fixing this problem for you, he could provide you with a robot to carry your rapidly atrophying body from room to room while it spoons Life cereal into your slack and drooling jaw.

I don't know where I'm going with this, I just think that's a funny image.

...

Just please don't hurt me.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Changing" a Topic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:23 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
Godziller66 wrote:
Broken Finger wrote:
Maybe when Doomsday Clock is done fixing this problem for you, he could provide you with a robot to carry your rapidly atrophying body from room to room while it spoons Life cereal into your slack and drooling jaw.

I don't know where I'm going with this, I just think that's a funny image.

...

Just please don't hurt me.


You were being kind of a dick though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Changing" a Topic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Broken Finger wrote:
Maybe when Doomsday Clock is done fixing this problem for you, he could provide you with a robot to carry your rapidly atrophying body from room to room while it spoons Life cereal into your slack and drooling jaw.

I don't know where I'm going with this, I just think that's a funny image.

...

Just please don't hurt me.


You were being kind of a dick though.

No I wasn't. I'm being spammed by e-mails due to a malfunction in the site. Someone fucked up here and I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:31 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Godziller66 wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Maybe you should just block the email address it's coming from.

Well, if I do that I won't be able to receive e-mails from the site at all.

Besides, I don't even know how.

In conclusion, please stop spamming me with e-mails for no reason.

I'm not SPAMing you at all. I think it's obvious to you, and everyone else, that there is a glitch somewhere causing you to get these emails. I personally looked into the issue on the backend, responded in a timely and constructive manner to your barrage of complaint emails to me. I've done all I can short of paying a professional programmer to look into the issue - which to me - seems like overkill for a mild annoyance to one user.

If you like, I can give you the email address associated with my Paypal account and you can sent me a few hundred dollars so I can pay a programmer to look into this issue for you. This site is free to all who use it and is built and kept running by individuals who volunteer their valuable time to give it to you.

In conclusion, if you don't like the situation, don't use this forum.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Changing" a Topic
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
Godziller66 wrote:
No I wasn't. I'm being spammed by e-mails due to a malfunction in the site. Someone fucked up here and I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.


Who are you ? Where did you take Godziller !?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Godziller66 wrote:
Someone fucked up here and I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.


You could be right.

Oh Shit I Think You Pissed Off Doomsday Clock wrote:
If you like, I can give you the email address associated with my Paypal account and you can sent me a few hundred dollars so I can pay a programmer to look into this issue for you. This site is free to all who use it and is built and kept running by individuals who volunteer their valuable time to give it to you.

In conclusion, if you don't like the situation, don't use this forum.


On the other hand...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
I'll try to block the e-mail address, but I was just under the impression that it was the creator of the site's job to regulate these things and your first post made it seem like you shrugged it off pretty quickly.

Sorry if that wasn't the case, though.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Godziller66 wrote:
I'll try to block the e-mail address, but I was just under the impression that it was the creator of the site's job to regulate these things and your first post made it seem like you shrugged it off pretty quickly.

Sorry if that wasn't the case, though.

How did I shrug it off? I explained that it was a glitch only you were experiencing and said the only way I can fix it with the forum back-end is to completely disable the forum from sending emails which wouldn't be fair to anyone else watching topics. You still were pissed, so I told you to block the emails. You said, "I don't even know how."

Awesome. The problem annoys you beyond reason, but instead on taking one minute with a Google search to see how you can configure your email to block one address you would rather waste several minutes ranting about it here. Not only that, but you said you WANT emails from the site which means you use the watching topic feature all the time. That means your pissed that you get ONE extra email for ONE topic you did not want to be alerted on.

And, now, I've wasted too much time on this issue as well.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Watching" a topic?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:06 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
I'll try to block the e-mail address, but I was just under the impression that it was the creator of the site's job to regulate these things and your first post made it seem like you shrugged it off pretty quickly.

Sorry if that wasn't the case, though.

How did I shrug it off? I explained that it was a glitch only you were experiencing and said the only way I can fix it with the forum back-end is to completely disable the forum from sending emails which wouldn't be fair to anyone else watching topics. You still were pissed, so I told you to block the emails. You said, "I don't even know how."

Awesome. The problem annoys you beyond reason, but instead on taking one minute with a Google search to see how you can configure your email to block one address you would rather waste several minutes ranting about it here. Not only that, but you said you WANT emails from the site which means you use the watching topic feature all the time. That means your pissed that you get ONE extra email for ONE topic you did not want to be alerted on.

And, now, I've wasted too much time on this issue as well.

Jeez, I really hit a nerve.

I don't use the watching topic feature, but I've gotten e-mails in the past for things like resetting passwords and the like. But I'm gonna go ahead and stop pursuing this topic now. My intention really isn't to fluster people, but it's frustrating when I get thirty e-mails in the span of half a day for no reason other than some unfixable technical mishap.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.097s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]