WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WCM at Comic Con?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:39 pm 
I DID IT!

DD you said you will be there...
Is that just you? Or are you representing WCM?

What can we who are going expect?
Booth?
Merch?
Advertisement?
Info?

What can we as forum members do to help? be apart of? anything?

Post subject: Re: WCM at Comic Con?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:35 pm 
The Watcher

I don't think I'll be at NYC Comic Con. I will be in San Diego. Just me. No Booth.

I will likely make some shirts up and hand them out, but that's about it...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:42 pm 
I DID IT!

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I don't think I'll be at NYC Comic Con. I will be in San Diego. Just me. No Booth.

Okay... :cry:

I hope I can find you to get a shirt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:46 pm 
New Frontiersman

DoomsdayClock wrote:

I plan on visiting San Diego that week, sooooo the comic con may be on my list of things to check out for Watchmen stuff on whatever day it's planned (do we know yet?).

I'll buy anyone from this website a round of drinks, and a bonus 3-4 rounds if you also happen to be female and available.

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:41 pm 
I DID IT!

waylayer wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:

I plan on visiting San Diego that week, sooooo the comic con may be on my list of things to check out for Watchmen stuff on whatever day it's planned (do we know yet?).

I'll buy anyone from this website a round of drinks, and a bonus 3-4 rounds if you also happen to be female and available.

I really hope the WATCHMEN whatever...cast, teaser, booth is there on Saturday.

And sorry...i have a weiner, and I'm married. But would still love to see another forum member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:13 am 
New Frontiersman

CSFRITZ wrote:

And sorry...i have a weiner, and I'm married. But would still love to see another forum member

That's fine, I just won't order you my patented Rum & Roofie Coke. :p

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:09 am 
I DID IT!

waylayer wrote:
CSFRITZ wrote:

That's fine, I just won't order you my patented Rum & Roofie Coke. :p

lollloloo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lolo

so dirty...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:58 pm 
Watchmaker

I don't believe Watchmen will be at the New York Comic-Con. Unless, of course, the secret presentation is a Watchmen panel.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

waylayer wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:

I'll take scotch thanks...neat. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:13 am 
...I am Pagliacci.

Rorsach wrote:
I don't believe Watchmen will be at the New York Comic-Con. Unless, of course, the secret presentation is a Watchmen panel.

Well, now we know that they are going to make a presentation of some of the action figures of Watchmen... maybe another surprise we can expect? (yes, I know, if we were expecting it, it will not be a surprise :) )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:27 am 
Watchmaker

namuras wrote:
Rorsach wrote:

Well, now we know that they are going to make a presentation of some of the action figures of Watchmen... maybe another surprise we can expect? (yes, I know, if we were expecting it, it will not be a surprise :) )

I think they're saving the surprises for the next Comic-Con. I could definitely be wrong, though.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:45 am 
I DID IT!

Got my ticket!!!

See you guys(if you are going) there!!!

I'll be the one with the red rose ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 pm 
New Frontiersman

I booked my hotel through the comic con website (snagged one at the Sheraton). I'm debating whether or not to rent a car...I see that parking at the convention can be a paaaain, but I'd like the freedom to move around, go to the zoo, beach, etc. What is everyone else doing/staying?

As an aside, if there are any MST3K fans out there, the Rifftrax folks are doing a live show Saturday night of Plan 9 from Outer Space. :) http://rifftrax.com/rifftrax-live-sd

To say that I will be there and jazzed is an understatement.

I'm also debating how many days I will actually go to the convention. I'm probably looking at Watchmen day +1. I'm thinking Friday and Saturday.

-Bill Watterson

Last edited by waylayer on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:11 am 
The Watcher

I will be arriving Friday afternoon around 2PM and be leaving Sunday night after the Con. I'm guessing the big Watchmen day is Saturday.

I'm staying at the Hawthorne Suites - its about 3 miles from the Con. I could walk, but I'm guessing I'll take a cab or a shuttle bus if they provide one.

Waylayer - which Sheraton are you at? Is it walking distance from the Con?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:50 am 
New Frontiersman

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I will be arriving Friday afternoon around 2PM and be leaving Sunday night after the Con. I'm guessing the big Watchmen day is Saturday.

I'm staying at the Hawthorne Suites - its about 3 miles from the Con. I could walk, but I'm guessing I'll take a cab or a shuttle bus if they provide one.

Waylayer - which Sheraton are you at? Is it walking distance from the Con?

Check the comic con website, there's a link to a map of the shuttle paths to see if your hotel is near one. I don't think you'd want to walk 3 miles in the San Diego summer heat. :p

The Sheraton is 4 miles away, up on the highway northwest there on the bay. It's not on a bus line, unfortunately. I've been calling hotels closer to downtown that are on bus paths and closer to the gaslamp district which I'm sure I'll be checking out on the nights, as I have a friend who lives in San Diego who'll probably want to show me around. I originally was going to leave Wed. night, but now I think I might change to go Thursday morning, and go to the Con on Friday and Saturday as well. I'm planning on driving up to LA on Monday and visiting a friend there for a few days afterwards.

EDIT: The Sheraton actually does have a shuttle bus. Check this: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/forms/cci08_shuttle.pdf

The hotel is #31 on that list.

I decided to book my first choice - Best Western Cabrillo Garden in downtown - it's near #9 on that list. I think it will be more funner. : )

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:27 am 
I DID IT!

31 Days...

i'm already starting to shake alittle...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:38 am 
New Frontiersman

CSFRITZ wrote:
31 Days...

Nothing compared to the shakes you'll get when we do shots of Jager (just kidding, I'm more of a Vodka fan).

Seriously though, what's the official count so far of who's going? Doom, me, Fritz, who else? I need more wingmen. :P

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:16 am 
I DID IT!

waylayer wrote:
CSFRITZ wrote:
31 Days...

Nothing compared to the shakes you'll get when we do shots of Jager (just kidding, I'm more of a Vodka fan).

Seriously though, what's the official count so far of who's going? Doom, me, Fritz, who else? I need more wingmen. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We may be it... :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:44 am 
Alien Squid Monster

waylayer wrote:
CSFRITZ wrote:
31 Days...

I was on the list, but had to bail. I'm going to Germany in November and couldn't take the time off from slaving @ work to do both. That and I'll need copious amounts of $$$$ for Das Fatherland.

As Comic Con get's closer, I'm sure I'll regret it more and more.

Shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:47 am 
New Frontiersman

Dr. StrangeOne wrote:
waylayer wrote:
CSFRITZ wrote:
31 Days...

I was on the list, but had to bail. I'm going to Germany in November and couldn't take the time off from slaving @ work to do both. That and I'll need copious amounts of $$$$ for Das Fatherland.

As Comic Con get's closer, I'm sure I'll regret it more and more.

Shit.

Dammit! I'm sure Doomsday could have stowed you aboard in the overhead.

-Bill Watterson