WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Plans...
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:50 am 
A pretty butterfly.

Just thinking ahead a bit, DD.

Curious as to what your plans are when the trailers are released and the movie itself. Are you going to do sub-forums for "Discuss Watchmen Teasers/Trailers" and "Discuss the Movie?"

I guess I ask because it seems to me like that's a bit more organized, as I could see how discussing the trailers as well as many other movie-related subjects could become a bit hectic and traffic-heavy. I wouldn't want to see it end up as crowded as an imdb forum.

Anyway, just wondering what your plans are.

videos we make:
http://www.youtube.com/pennsylvaniapeople

Post subject: Re: Plans...
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:54 am 
Indestructible Man

mike_tyson wrote:
Are you going to do sub-forums for "Discuss Watchmen Teasers/Trailers" and "Discuss the Movie?"

Well there is a "Talk about the Watchmen Movie" board ;)
I advise, DDC, that you open up an archive board, and shove all the pre-release speculation into there

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:15 pm 
Indestructible Man

mike_tyson wrote:
Curious as to what your plans are when the trailers are released and the movie itself. Are you going to do sub-forums for "Discuss Watchmen Teasers/Trailers" and "Discuss the Movie?"
I don't think that the teasers and trailers will be enough to sustain their own sub-forum. When the teaser is released, it'll get its own thread for discussion, and then it'll become another bit of evidence for the users to bring up in other discussions about the movie. Repeat for the subsequent trailers.

I actually like AYB's idea, though I would change it a bit: On 3.6.9, maybe we could retitle the current movie sub-forum as "Movie Speculation" or something, and we could keep it open for discussion about the impending DVD release and what it should be like. Then, of course, we could open up a new sub-forum for discussion on the final movie.

It's important to understand that restructuring the forum is a big undertaking. A lot of thought needs to be put into it.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:40 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

I wonder, what will become of the web-site once the movie, and all it's DvD'd are released. Once the DvD's have been around for a while. . .what will there be to talk about? How would the web-site and forum continue?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 pm 
Indestructible Man

I think it'll sadly lost a lot of activity, though I'd be thrilled if it existed well beyond the movie's release....
after all the book is over 2 decades old, and it's still being discussed! The imminent release of the film is merely a catalyst, imo...
In the end though, its DDC's choice...

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:19 pm 
Indestructible Man

Alfonso wrote:
I wonder, what will become of the web-site once the movie, and all it's DvD'd are released. Once the DvD's have been around for a while. . .what will there be to talk about? How would the web-site and forum continue?
We'll still be here.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:38 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Having just re-read the GN carefully, I can safely say that there is a ton of stuff in there to discuss and chew upon for years to come.

Apart from the instruction booklet to my bloody camera, I don't think I have ever read anything so many times and found new things at each sitting. :oops: :?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:13 am 
The Watcher

Soupdragon wrote:
Having just re-read the GN carefully, I can safely say that there is a ton of stuff in there to discuss and chew upon for years to come.

Apart from the instruction booklet to my bloody camera, I don't think I have ever read anything so many times and found new things at each sitting. :oops: :?

The upcoming movie was the catalyst that helped me decide to start this site, but there has always been multiple sections of this site covering the comic series. Why would I shut down the site after the movie comes out? In fact, once the movie buzz dies and the dust settles, we'll find out who the real fans are, right?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:25 pm 
Indestructible Man

DoomsdayClock wrote:
The upcoming movie was the catalyst that helped me decide to start this site, but there has always been multiple sections of this site covering the comic series. Why would I shut down the site after the movie comes out? In fact, once the movie buzz dies and the dust settles, we'll find out who the real fans are, right?
I would like to add that a year ago, I was searching the internet forums looking for a place to talk with others about this wonderful book. I wasn't the first one to start that search, and I sure as hell won't be the last.