WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:26 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8538
Location: A stronger world
...to our wonderful mod, Curi!

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:57 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 1434
Location: Sarasota, FL
Happy birthday! Some birthday present you got!

_________________
.
.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:58 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8538
Location: A stronger world
The Veidt Method wrote:
Some birthday present you got!


Yes, thanks for sharing! :D

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:08 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3641
Location: New York
Happy Birthday, Curi! Like the trailer I got you? ;)

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:13 am 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Spain
Happy birthday!

_________________
"Blake's different. He understand perfectly...and he doesn't care."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:15 am 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:58 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Germany
Happy birthday! :) (and what a day it has been...:shock:)

_________________
The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:47 pm 
Offline
I DID IT!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 505
Location: Home of the Earp, Arizona
have a good one!!!!!!!!!1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:53 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 7968
Location: Clackamas, OR
Thank you all very much, and thanks to WB for the tremendous birthday gift.

So far, the day's been going very well, though I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing tonight. It's strange that I've spent an entire year thinking about turning 21 and I have no idea what to do now that the day has come. So, I'll be handing tonight over to my fellow interns, all of whom are experienced drunkards (even the underage ones!). I'll try to take it easy, though. I don't want to be too hung over for tomorrow, when we head into town for TDK.

Again, thank you all for the kind wishes. I'll raise my first glass to you: The strangers whom I am proud to call friends.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:05 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Fuck all that. Here's what you do on your twenty-first birthday. Buy a bottle of whiskey, a garden hose, and a small-calibre handgun. Steal a car...what's that? You have a car? Doesn't matter. Steal a car and drive as erratically as you can until you get pulled over. Hold your gun out the window and fire off a warning shot. The police will appreciate your straightforward way of letting them know you have a gun, and will thank you. Attempt to bribe the policeman with the garden hose. If that doesn't work, offer him a drink.

Being the clean-cut kid that you are, you'll probably get off with a warning. Either way, you are going to have some great fucking stories to tell your grandchildren one day, and that's really what life's all about.

That sage advice was your present, by the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:45 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 7968
Location: Clackamas, OR
Broken Finger wrote:
Fuck all that. Here's what you do on your twenty-first birthday. Buy a bottle of whiskey, a garden hose, and a small-calibre handgun. Steal a car...what's that? You have a car? Doesn't matter. Steal a car and drive as erratically as you can until you get pulled over. Hold your gun out the window and fire off a warning shot. The police will appreciate your straightforward way of letting them know you have a gun, and will thank you. Attempt to bribe the policeman with the garden hose. If that doesn't work, offer him a drink.

Being the clean-cut kid that you are, you'll probably get off with a warning. Either way, you are going to have some great fucking stories to tell your grandchildren one day, and that's really what life's all about.

That sage advice was your present, by the way.
*looks at his fellow interns and thinks about the night so far*

Eh, close enough.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:45 am 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Spain
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Thank you all very much, and thanks to WB for the tremendous birthday gift.

So far, the day's been going very well, though I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing tonight. It's strange that I've spent an entire year thinking about turning 21 and I have no idea what to do now that the day has come. So, I'll be handing tonight over to my fellow interns, all of whom are experienced drunkards (even the underage ones!). I'll try to take it easy, though. I don't want to be too hung over for tomorrow, when we head into town for TDK.

Again, thank you all for the kind wishes. I'll raise my first glass to you: The strangers whom I am proud to call friends.


21? You lucky %!·)%!%$$!$.

:)

_________________
"Blake's different. He understand perfectly...and he doesn't care."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.132s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]