WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:32 pm 
Tired of Earth.

You've seen it. I've seen it. First thing on your mind is "damn".

I'm just curious as to how Captain Marvel will tie in to all of this, and was not expecting to see Red Skull again.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:02 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

THANOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel Infinity War might be a deconstruction of the super hero genre. It’s heavily centered around the villain and in the end it’s the heroes that lose... Mr. Stark I don’t feel so good... i don’t wanna go I don’t wanna go... :’(

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:53 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

I share RJ's opinion on the whole movie. It's kind of a mess, though not necessarily a bad one.

My only concern is for Gamora really, I'm fairly confident that everyone will come back (would be rather awesome if they didn't as well) but I honestly don't know how or even IF they will sort out her character in any way.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:07 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Damn, it's good to be back.

Of course we all know they're not killing off Black Panther or Spider-Man, so any of the deaths could potentially be somehow reversed. I'm especially intrigued with the Time Stone -- Doctor Strange made it perfectly clear that there were consequences to using that thing, but the consequences themselves were frustratingly vague. If ever there was a time for that to come back and suddenly be relevant, it's now.

This was always going to be a two-part story, so I'm withholding judgment until we get the next movie. But with regard to paying off a decade's worth of buildup and making it feel like huge cataclysmic events were moving forward, I'd say the movie did a fine job.

But seriously, couldn't we have seen the destruction of Xandar for ourselves? That would've been a much cooler post-credits stinger for Age of Ultron. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:00 pm 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Of course we all know they're not killing off Black Panther or Spider-Man, so any of the deaths could potentially be somehow reversed.

Gamora :cry:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:08 pm 

What are the odds that all the tv heroes will be “recruited” in the next movie along with Korg, Meek, Lady Sif, and Valkyrie by the remaining Avengers for one last fight against Thanos?

The fact that Thanos could have just multiplied all of the universes resources instead of killing everyone really bugs me. Him feeling he has to kill half the universe makes less sense when he’s explaining his reasoning. Him courting Death would have closed that plot hole

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:03 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

I'm here for Alfonso's thoughts on The Last Jedi.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

AYBGerrardo wrote:
I'm here for Alfonso's thoughts on The Last Jedi.

fix'd

Also, my dad thinks Gamora will become Lady Death. Dunno how that'll shape the plot of Avengers 4: A New Hope, but if it happens- it'll be interesting.

I liked the movie. All the deaths at the end didn't phase me too much though because I'm fully aware that this is just Part 1, and the same shit happened in the comics and everyone eventually came back. Gamora's death and Peter's reaction hit me hard tho.

Does anyone know why Hawkeye and Ant-Man weren't in here?

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:15 pm 

They made a deal with the government and are basically on house arrest. I’m sure Hawkeye will be in the next movie. Possible motivation for his return can be the death of his family...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 pm 

NiteOwl wrote:
Also, my dad thinks Gamora will become Lady Death. Dunno how that'll shape the plot of Avengers 4: A New Hope, but if it happens- it'll be interesting.

Or her soul might be inside the gem, hence why the sacrifice was needed.

And yeah, where the hell was my beautiful Paul Rudd in this movie ?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

I’m sure he and/or Wasp will be in Infinity War part 2

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:53 am 
Tired of Earth.

Alfonso wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

I’m sure he and/or Wasp will be in Infinity War part 2

Assuming Thanos didn't wipe them out.

I'm more interested in what happened to the Ravagers. When they were set up in GotG2, it looked like we had our army all good to go after Thanos. And speaking of which, where the hell is Adam Warlock?!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

This might end up being a critical sticking point for me. The stakes were made out to be astronomical in this movie. Banner actually says to Tony that it doesn't matter who's on speaking terms or not, this is apocalyptically important- but Clint and Lang were kept out of the fray because of some bullshit 'deal' they cut with the government? The attitude amongst the avengers was clear when Steve, Wanda and Vision shows up at the facility and Rhodes gives Ross the brush off.

I know both Clint and Lang have families, but dammit, all the more reason to be proactive in trying to stop the threat. Everything about this movie screams 'no expense spared' except this. I refuse to believe they wouldn't even show us an aside or something during the climax. This goes samesies for the ravagers like you said, how come Star Lord didn't reach out to them? The universe is on the brink, and one of the biggest fighting forces out there isn't even considered to help out???

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 pm 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
And speaking of which, where the hell is Adam Warlock?!

Unless I'm mixing up my Adams, he's supposed to appear in GOTG 3.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:43 pm 
Tired of Earth.

feliciano182 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
And speaking of which, where the hell is Adam Warlock?!

Unless I'm mixing up my Adams, he's supposed to appear in GOTG 3.

If true, that's a load of bullshit. Adam Warlock is every bit as synonymous with the Infinity Gauntlet as Thanos himself.