WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 760  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:10 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Everyone just post what movie they're watching now or the last movie they saw...and what you thought of it.

I'm currently watching:

The Deer Hunter 10/10 - It's one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. I'm traumatized everytime I see it but I also love it more and more each time I watch it. It reminds you that Christopher Walken can actually act and not just play ridiculous roles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:28 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Breakfast at Tiffany's. With all of the chick-flick rom-coms that are shoveled out nowadays, it's an absolute shame that none of them have the charm or wit of this movie. Everything you've heard about Audrey Hepburn in this movie is absolutely true. Unfortunately, everything you've heard about Mickey Rooney in this movie is also true.

Still, I can't recommend it enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:33 pm 
...I am Pagliacci.

The last movie I saw was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and I didn't like at all.

I hope to see Taxi Driver this weekend, never saw it before.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:41 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Manuel wrote:

You're in for a treat!

The last movie I saw was The Wrestler, which I liked, although it's not the type of movie I'd need to watch more than once.

Was recently re-watching Amelie, which looks great on DVD.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:58 pm 
...I am Pagliacci.

t3cii wrote:
Manuel wrote:

You're in for a treat!

The last movie I saw was The Wrestler, which I liked, although it's not the type of movie I'd need to watch more than once.

Was recently re-watching Amelie, which looks great on DVD.

Amelie is a strange movie for me, it has a mood that makes me hate it and love it sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:35 pm 
Vigilante

In the last several days: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Romi and Michelle High School Reunion, Gleamer's Cube, Bride Wars, The Tale of Despereaux and a few other randos.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:49 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Revolutionary Road, yesterday. "Enjoy" is very much the wrong word, but I found it intellectually fulfilling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:34 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

I just saw 'Repo! The Genetic Opera'...three times.

It is AWESOME.

It's like the love child of Rocky Horror and Saw. Alternately, it's Sweeney Todd on Acid. You'll either love it instantly or you'll think it's incredibly stupid. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:45 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Last saw: Kada Kien Su Karma-So bad I wanted to get hammered and I'm a straight-edge guy.
Pineapple Express-I really couldn't get into it. Even though I love Seth Rogen and James Franco.
Dekalog 6-Beautiful and powerful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:58 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Zack and Miri

Finished it today. /Scratches head.

I kind of liked it when it was being a little subtle, but boy, did Smith swing the bat on this one.

I was like ... don't go there, don't go there ... and he went there, anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

American Psycho 2 - 1/10

One of the most atrocious, awful, offending movies I've ever seen. Offending in that it took such an amazing movie and shit all over it. Whoever wrote it literally must've never seen the movie.. it was as if they said "okay, American psycho.. there's a guy Patrick Batemen who kills people and is an American psycho... lets write a movie!"

Glengarry Glen Ross - 10/10

Holy fucking acting. This is hands-down one of the most well-acted movies I've ever seen. I had no idea what it was before watching it, and when I heard it was about realtors, I was a bit meh on it. But then it sucked me into a vortex and spit me out the other end. Never have I seen such an amazing display of relentless, powerful, talented acting. The monologues are tremendous. It features Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, and Alec Baldwin. Every single one of them could've won an Oscar for their parts in the movie. Pacino was nominated, but lost to himself in Scent of a Woman. Anyway, GO FUCKING WATCH THIS MOVIE.

videos we make:
http://www.youtube.com/pennsylvaniapeople

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:01 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Yeah, GGR is great...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:04 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

The Seven Samurai- It blew my mind, Tosihiro Mifune was amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:51 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

It's great when your fav films pop up in threads like this and when peeps see them for the first time. Seven Samurai is a gem and Glengary Glen Ross is superb.

Seen any more Kurosawa, Dr Brooks? Throne of Blood, Ran and Kagemusha are three epic samurai movies of his. Dodesukaden, on the other hand, is a quiet urban story that stays with you forever. (Well me, anyway!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:18 pm 
Human Bean Juice

Beowulf, the animated one 8/10. I liked it, I loved the story as a kid. I LOVED the animation in this movie, it was beautiful. For some reason, I thought Angelina Jolie was more attractive than Ray Winstone. *Shrugs* Eh...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:44 am 
Alien Squid Monster

I just saw Milk last night...one of the most emotionally moving films I've ever seen. I actually like Sean Penn now.

About to watch The Two Jakes, the sequel to Chinatown...seems like it might be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:33 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Saw Taken last night. wow what a powerful film. Great action and a strong performance from the man with the coolest voice in the world. Definitely recommend it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:13 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

the last film i watched was john carpenters They Live

i would give it seven out of ten as it is really enjoyable an works as a film but the sunglasses idea is a bit stupid imo also some of the dodgiest one liners ever - i have come to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and im all out of bubblegum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:35 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Location: She is all States, and all Princes, I, nothing else is.
Just finished this little gem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Me_If_You_Dare

and I loved it. Sad, funny, and touching all at once. I disagree with reviewers comparing it with Amelie though...in my opinion they're not similar at all. I'd heartily recommend it, and finally understand why my little sister was pushing me to watch it these past few weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:12 am 
A brother to dragons.

TheComedian917 wrote:
I just saw Milk last night...one of the most emotionally moving films I've ever seen. I actually like Sean Penn now.

About to watch The Two Jakes, the sequel to Chinatown...seems like it might be interesting.

Nice. I thought it was a fantastic movie myself and you really believe soon enough Sean Penn IS Harvey Milk.

To be on Topic: The last I've seen was Wall-E which is an absolutely joy to watch. The 1st 1/2 Hour are nothing shor of amazing and when it switches gears a bit, it still maintains an intriguing and drawing love story...with 2 Robots no less. Not to mention it's got some interesting commentary on our world and future embedded into it. 9/10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 760  Next