WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 747, 748, 749, 750, 751, 752, 753 ... 760  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:56 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Predestination, motherfuckers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:17 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

Wow, a friend recommended this and it's a really good science-fiction thriller. I'd explain what it's about, but it's better to go into it cold like I did. If science-fiction thriller sounds good to you, this should be pretty awesome.

Lets hope it at least has a coherent plot to follow. So many sci-fi thrillers these days simply don't.

Oh, it does.

Give it a go, dawg. Also, Resolution on Netflix if you ever get the time. Actually, you might've already watched that. But in any case.

TheMovieDude wrote:
Predestination, motherfuckers.

Word.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:45 pm 
Tired of Earth.

NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

Wow, a friend recommended this and it's a really good science-fiction thriller. I'd explain what it's about, but it's better to go into it cold like I did. If science-fiction thriller sounds good to you, this should be pretty awesome.

Lets hope it at least has a coherent plot to follow. So many sci-fi thrillers these days simply don't.

It really doesn't.

The movie is basically about the characters getting trapped in the middle of quantum physics gone snooker-loopy. No one has any idea what's going on. In fact, the way I understand it, the script was pretty much entirely improvised. It's a fascinating little mind-fuck of a movie, don't get me wrong, just don't go in expecting everything to get tied up in a neat little bow.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:03 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

...I was just making a joke because of the movie's title.

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:12 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

8/10
The camerawork was nigh unbearable, but I got used to it after a while and this is a movie that is carried by a great performance, fantastic (in more than one way) world building and a moving emotional core. Sadly, the movie never quite develops its ideas fullya nd it isn't quite clear how it all goes together. As a debut film, though, I'm interested in seeing what and if Zeitilin has more to say.

9/10
Another movie I feel I should give a higher rating, but again, I don't want to act too much on impulse. But this is a fantastic telling of Roger Ebert's life, or portions of it. He had such a rich, fascinating story behind him that not even a 2 hour documentary can fully do him justice. But this one tries and succeeds in spades. It's incredibly moving and surprisingly funny. Ebert is not made out to be a saint in any way, so this delivers a rich portrait of him as a critic and man. For a documentary, it's fairly long and I wish it had been longer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:36 am 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

It really doesn't.

The movie is basically about the characters getting trapped in the middle of quantum physics gone snooker-loopy. No one has any idea what's going on. In fact, the way I understand it, the script was pretty much entirely improvised. It's a fascinating little mind-fuck of a movie, don't get me wrong, just don't go in expecting everything to get tied up in a neat little bow.

Really? It's all pretty clear cut in the end. They explain it even. It's lofty stuff, but I think the plot's pretty simple all things considered.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:49 am 

Interstellar - 8/10

'sgood.
I wasn't particularly excited one way or the other about seeing it.
But I did, and I enjoyed it. It was pretty moving and I liked the ending.

But now that's out of the way, I can move on to movies I really wanna see.
Like...
Predestination
Coherence
Resolution
\and other crap.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:55 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Glorified music video. And was it just me, or did it feel like the entire movie was in slow motion?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:40 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:

Glorified music video. And was it just me, or did it feel like the entire movie was in slow motion?

Yeah, it kinda felt like it was. I really didn't take to this movie either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:19 pm 

Resolution - 8/10

Another fantastic indie horror film that I put off watching for way too long. It's a love it or hate it movie I think.
Though I sincerely hope it stays out of the reach of people who would hate it because this brand of filmmaking needs to be encouraged and supported. I
t's next level thinking. Resolution trades in your traditional go-to movie villain/monster for a higher concept altogether.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:04 pm 

Spring - 8/10

It's a romantic drama set in Italy... with a touch of H.P. Lovecraft via David Cronenberg.
It's really flawed, and having the wrong expectations might fuck it up for you a bit, but I personally loved it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:18 am 

A small Irish village is attacked by monsters whose kryptonite is alcohol. It's a pretty fun time.

Oh, The Mist. You sure are fucking horrifying.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:32 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Best trilogy ever. I was afraid that my expectations would be too high, and that I'd end up being disappointed by it, but this was as engaging as the previous films, and after the emptiness of Spring Breakers, it was nice to watch a movie featuring two characters are intelligent and passionate as Jesse and Celine. I don't know if Linklater, Delpy and Hawke plan on continuing the series, but I sure hope they do. As impressive as Linklater's Boyhood was, this series is his greatest achievement (although Delpy and Hawke deserve much of the praise, both as actors and writers of the movie). They're romantic movies created by people who care about real, honest romance.

Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight. If you haven't seen them, you better get on it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:32 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

dat final monologue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:02 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

TheMovieDude wrote:
dat final monologue.

Thinking about it, we've seen kind of a reversal of the two characters. In the first movie, Jesse is the cynical one, almost to the point where it looks like he's going to blow his shot with Celine. But in the second movie, Celine becomes the cynical one, and feels their encounter had a negative impact on her life. Like a piece of her was lost after it. They're both kind of miserable, but now, with the third movie, I feels like Jesse is more or less content. The problem is, he's a bit passive aggressive. He never says what he really means, and when he starts making "it's too bad my son lives so far away" type comments, it's understandable that Celine would be a bit pissed, as it forces her to be the one to breach the topic of them moving to Chicago. Their argument is a bit raw, and while the movie ends ambiguously, I do wonder, if in nine years time another movie is made, whether or not these two will still be together.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
dat final monologue.

Thinking about it, we've seen kind of a reversal of the two characters. In the first movie, Jesse is the cynical one, almost to the point where it looks like he's going to blow his shot with Celine. But in the second movie, Celine becomes the cynical one, and feels their encounter had a negative impact on her life. Like a piece of her was lost after it. They're both kind of miserable, but now, with the third movie, I feels like Jesse is more or less content. The problem is, he's a bit passive aggressive. He never says what he really means, and when he starts making "it's too bad my son lives so far away" type comments, it's understandable that Celine would be a bit pissed, as it forces her to be the one to breach the topic of them moving to Chicago. Their argument is a bit raw, and while the movie ends ambiguously, I do wonder, if in nine years time another movie is made, whether or not these two will still be together.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS:

I think so too. I'm not sure if they'll still be together in the future, but in a way, at least for now, they're willing to try. And trying or just being in a relationship implies sometimes you just have to live things down with your partner. So, the end could be interpreted as her just giving in and letting the situation pass, and letting her temper calm down, or she has become downright submissive. I think I have said it before, but watching the movie really hit home. It really shows what it's like to have two very eloquent people go at each other when they're furious, and you want to laugh because they can come up with the most awful insults, but you can't because you know you're in a crappy situation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:41 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

9/10

One of the few truly great biopics. If it can even be called a biopic.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:55 am 

A pretty unsettling horror movie and the score is amazing. Go see it, it might be the best thing in theaters right now.

[img]insert%20Akira%20poster%20here[/img]

TETSUOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:13 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Stephen King's Akira? Sounds like "Chronicle" to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:33 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Better than "Stephen King's Acura", which I suspected was really an ad disguised as a story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 747, 748, 749, 750, 751, 752, 753 ... 760  Next