WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:04 pm 
The Watcher

t3cii wrote:
I thought Kirk Acevedo's character teaming up with the Governor after he killed his brother was a bit hard to believe. Hopefully something will come from this.

I'm with you on this point. We need to see how it plays out. He could end up being a lynchpin set up to betray The Governor to the prison.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:03 am 
Tired of Earth.

so the mid-season finale was on tonight

and oh man was it actually good for once. probably the best episode this half-season, or definitely top 2 (other being the first governor episode). it handled well like the comics and i'm excited to see the next half pick up. thank you scott gimple for sticking more to the comics.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:38 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I thought it was a great episode, even though it really should have been the finale to last season. But there were a ton of fist pumping moments, moments where I was actually giddy from what I was seeing (Daryl taking out the tank, and shooting that guy with an arrow, that little girl shooting that woman in the head, Michonne and the Governor). I'm not even a big violence guy, but there was something really satisfying about the episode, maybe because it was so visceral. I have no idea what the final eight episodes will be about, though.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:54 pm 
Tired of Earth.

t3cii wrote:
I thought it was a great episode, even though it really should have been the finale to last season. But there were a ton of fist pumping moments, moments where I was actually giddy from what I was seeing (Daryl taking out the tank, and shooting that guy with an arrow, that little girl shooting that woman in the head, Michonne and the Governor). I'm not even a big violence guy, but there was something really satisfying about the episode, maybe because it was so visceral. I have no idea what the final eight episodes will be about, though.

well at this point the group has split up, and i'm sure the next eight episodes will be more chardev focused, especially on that of rick and carl. here's to hoping that we get cannibal hunters as well, and i'm sure the finale will have them all rejoin forces and possibly heads toward alexandria.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:11 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

So did anyone else see the episode? DDC? Niteowl? Feliciano?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:24 pm 
The Watcher

Yes, I thought it was fantastic. No complaints from me at all. Sad to see Herschel go, but I think the character had run its course.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:45 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Yes I did, and it was fucking awesome for once.

My favorite part was when Herschel smiled at Rick's words, to me that was the real peak of the episode.

In retrospect, I think Rick and Herschel were used by the writers as a way to display the ideas of Cynicism VS Idealism in a world where hope is supposed to be scarce. Herschel always used to be the guy who would try to do the right thing at all instances, his last stunt of going to the sick wing was a true demonstration of his conviction to help others even at the risk of his own life; Rick on the other hand somehow came to the conclussion that perhaps it's just too much for anyone to expect the sun would shine brightly with every new day, to which Herschel would do his best to convince him otherwise, that there's always a reason to fight, to live, not just to survive and to be fed and living, but also to be able to find purpose and joy even in the kind of world they were living in.

Terry of course, will know what I speak of when I say those two remind me of Jack & Locke ;)

In a nutshell, what I mean to say is that Herschel's smile was somehow the proof that he felt he was satisfied in "bringin' back Rick", in making him feel hopeful again, in convincing him that there truly is a future out there for everyone who can stay alive.

So aside from the goddamn tank tearing apart the prison, I was well glad to receive that tiny little smile in the middle of that great speech, which is nowhere to be found in the comics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:51 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I'm not sure I see the comparison between Rick and Hershel and Jack and Locke. Locke was at times a bit delusional, sometimes dangerously so. He was certain that he was special, that there was a reason for the plane crash. He was obsessed with the idea, and tried keeping everyone from leaving the island. He was obsessed, to the point where he sometimes was unconnected to what was happening around him. But it's hard to say that he did everything he did with the best of intentions. I don't feel that way about Hershel. Hershel became the dad of the group. He tried to lift their spirits. I think he's a much more selfless character than Locke.

What did you guys think of the Governor? Like, what is your final assessment of the character? In the end, his assault on the prison was less about finding a new place to stay, and more about him being in charge, and waging war out of spite. The funny thing is, at the start of the last fifteen minutes or so, it looked like the prison folk were at a horrible disadvantage. And yet by the end of the episode, his side was almost completely wiped out. All things considered, the prison folk still had twenty something people left alive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:41 pm 
The Watcher

t3cii wrote:
IWhat did you guys think of the Governor? Like, what is your final assessment of the character? In the end, his assault on the prison was less about finding a new place to stay, and more about him being in charge, and waging war out of spite. The funny thing is, at the start of the last fifteen minutes or so, it looked like the prison folk were at a horrible disadvantage. And yet by the end of the episode, his side was almost completely wiped out. All things considered, the prison folk still had twenty something people left alive.

I think the prison group had much more experienced fighters in their ranks, whereas The Governor's consisted mostly of people who never held a gun before forced to fight. Yes, they had a tank and it did some damage, but it looked like the fight could have gone either way at any point. Sure, they got the tank and the Governor, but the Prison group really didn't "win," they just bought enough time to get away. If they wanted it, the survivor's of The Governor's group could take the prison if they wanted it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:59 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:
IWhat did you guys think of the Governor? Like, what is your final assessment of the character? In the end, his assault on the prison was less about finding a new place to stay, and more about him being in charge, and waging war out of spite. The funny thing is, at the start of the last fifteen minutes or so, it looked like the prison folk were at a horrible disadvantage. And yet by the end of the episode, his side was almost completely wiped out. All things considered, the prison folk still had twenty something people left alive.

I think the prison group had much more experienced fighters in their ranks, whereas The Governor's consisted mostly of people who never held a gun before forced to fight. Yes, they had a tank and it did some damage, but it looked like the fight could have gone either way at any point. Sure, they got the tank and the Governor, but the Prison group really didn't "win," they just bought enough time to get away. If they wanted it, the survivor's of The Governor's group could take the prison if they wanted it.

But I didn't there were any survivors of his group left besides Tara and her sister? It's hard to tell just how many people were killed in the battle, but it looked to me like Darly and co dished out a lot of damage. I can only see one person from the prison group take a hit, whereas eight or nine people were taken out on the Governor's side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX_VIOHpS3U

I guess it doesn't matter, though, since the prison is now taken over by walkers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:59 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I think once Rick made the statement of "either we all live together here or nobody lives here" then to the Governor it just became massacre time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:43 am 
Tired of Earth.

bump time, it's back

E9 was aight, had some funny moments

E10 was hella good, i hope the remaining 6 are up to par with it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:37 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I thought those two episodes were okay. But the last episode felt like they were trying to cram a bit too much into a short time frame. I really don't know where this show is going now that the Governor plot is done with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 am 
Tired of Earth.

t3cii wrote:
I thought those two episodes were okay. But the last episode felt like they were trying to cram a bit too much into a short time frame. I really don't know where this show is going now that the Governor plot is done with.

well it's sure to follow the comic plotline a lot closer now if anything

cannibal hunters, random churches, though there's a lot of space for it to go all sorts of places before they get to that settlement in virginia.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

So this show just got really, really dark.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 pm 
The Watcher

t3cii wrote:

Yes, but that was one of the best fucking hours of television I have ever seen in my entire life. The writing was superb.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:14 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

SPOILERS

My stomach was in knots the last ten minutes of the episode. It really puts the audience through the ringer. One of the grimmest episodes of television I've seen. Even though the end is so inevitable, there was still a part of me that was thinking Carol would just not be able to pull the trigger. But I thought they really sold the horror of it. Very fine acting from Coleman and McBride.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:01 am 
Tired of Earth.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:

Yes, but that was one of the best fucking hours of television I have ever seen in my entire life. The writing was superb.

this

whoever wrote/directed the last episode needs to do the entire rest of the show

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:24 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

It doesn't hurt that it was at least interesting. The Daryl and Beth try to look for a drink storyline was so boring.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:58 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

WJK wrote:
whoever wrote/directed the last episode needs to do the entire rest of the show

If only so the show can actually be decent :D ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next