WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56219
Quote:
the release date of the next X-Men movie, currently untitled, was established - July 18, 2014 - rather quietly. Details on where Matthew Vaughn is headed for the next installment are incredibly scarce, and the only real sense we've gotten, from Simon Kinberg no less, is that there will be a heavy dose of Magneto.

But we may now know what's going on with the next X-Men movie... and it could involve multiple timelines.

One of my little birds Weapon X recently dropped me some information that 20th Century Fox had recently registered the title DAYS OF FUTURE PAST with the MPAA Title Registration Bureau. The Bureau exists for studios and productions companies to stake their claims on certain titles that they intend to release and distribute, so that others can stray from using a similar title.

To the average person, DAYS OF FUTURE PAST might not mean anything, but, if you're an X-Men fan, you know this feeds directly into that neighborhood of the Marvel Universe.

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST was a two-issue story arc of the X-Men comics, published by Marvel in 1981, that dealt with alternative timelines. In an alternative future, mutants were incarcerated in internment camps. However, the Kitty Pryde of that time transfers her mind to the Kitty Pryde of now in order to prevent that from ever happening. The assassination of Senator Robert Kelly by the Brotherhood is what sets off this chain of events, and now with the X-Men made aware of the future, they must try to stop it from happening and... well, it's almost like BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II, but with mutants.

This brings Sentinels into the mix, and this also brings forth that alternative future, which still exists on an alternative timeline as opposed to disappearing altogether. Could that be a potential link to the restart of the traditional X-MEN franchise, or the long-rumored X-MEN 4, which could be entirely rebooted without touching the original trilogy of films?

I wouldn't expect the storyline to be followed exactly. However, it sounds very possible that a tweaked version of it may be the way Fox is going with the X-Men.

just a rumor at the moment but quite interesting :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:38 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

I'm only going to be excited for another X-men movie if Fassbender reprises his role as Magneto.

So I hope he does.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:42 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Godziller66 wrote:
I'm only going to be excited for another X-men movie if Fassbender reprises his role as Magneto.

So I hope he does.

I would guess Magneto would be dead by this movie's timeline.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 am 
A brother to dragons.

Godziller66 wrote:

I'm hoping for an entire movie with just Fassbender and Ellen Page. All Magneto/Shadowcat, all the time. Who needs Jackman, anyway? Not me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Here´s hoping that this dies a slow death in developmental hell.

And for the love of God take that poster away from the first post...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:48 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Confirmed.

Looking forward to it because of what it's based on, but mainly just because Fassbender is returning.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
Confirmed.

Looking forward to it because of what it's based on, but mainly just because Fassbender is returning.

A certain australian is going to be happy about these news :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:12 am 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Yay, Sentinels finally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:38 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Godziller66 wrote:
Confirmed.

Man,literacy is overrated as shit.Singer says that he wants to start doing conected movies,but everybody thinks that they are meaning being part of the MCU.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 am 
Tired of Earth.

RuiBK wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Confirmed.

Man,literacy is overrated as shit.Singer says that he wants to start doing conected movies,but everybody thinks that they are meaning being part of the MCU.

Dude, The Avengers is one of the highest-grossing films of all time. Of course Fox (and Sony, for that matter) wants a piece of that money in a way that lets them keep hold of Marvel's property.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:07 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Curi if they wanted to go that route they should be doing X4,introduce Alex and Lorna as replacements of Jean and Scott,and after the return of S&J spin'em off to X-Factor,as the goverment sponsored flavor.Put Deadpool on the fast track.Do the groundwork for Cable.

If they are thinking about mixing X- Men,FF and Daredevil has things are, some AVP kind of crap is on it's way...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:48 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

so who should be time traveler bishop,cable,or someone else ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:40 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Project862006 wrote:

Considering how things are,some completly unrelated charater when it comes to alternate timelines...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:29 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Project862006 wrote:

Kitty or nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:31 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

so you want ellen page back?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:18 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Project862006 wrote:
so you want ellen page back?

That would be interesting actually, if they were to use Kitty, should they recast her, or try and get Ellen back?
I love Ellen Page, and I think it would be awesome for her to reprise her role actually, she's already blossomed from a girl in X3, to a woman in the 6 years since that movie, and for the sake of continuity and meshing the 2 X-franchises into one beyond two tiny cameos of Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn in XMFC.
I think they should at least offer the role, if there is one, to Ellen, and then if she turns it down, perhaps cast a slightly older (30s?) actress in the part.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:25 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

i would like her back she is a fairly good actress and is a bigger name these days since she has done juno and inception and has an oscar nomination since x3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 pm 

Project862006 wrote:
i would like her back she is a fairly good actress and is a bigger name these days since she has done juno and inception and has an oscar nomination since x3

Yeah, she wasn't on anyone's mind when she was in Singer's X-Men movies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:14 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Mark Millar Hints At Sentinels
Millar was recently hired to consult on all of Marvel's film content with 20th Century Fox. Millar recently spoke with SFX Magazine (via Total Film) and basically confirmed what every X-Men fan has wanted to hear since this franchise first hit the big screen with Bryan Singer's 2000 film
Quote:
Vaughn is going for a big sci-fi style thing with X-Men: Days of Future Past. It's X-Men meets The Terminator. You've got robots, you've got time travel, you've got superheroes - it's got everything in one film."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:46 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Looking forward to this. I hope they have a better group of mutants this time and not obscure shit like Darwin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next