WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:31 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

t3cii wrote:
I'd say the fact that Johnny kind of have an iconic look of being white/blonde especially since they are heroes that show their faces.

Is he iconic? We're talking the Human Torch here, not Superman.

I just hope they don't role with a cliche like "I'm not really one of you!" cue angst while Johnny flies off and does mischief.
Cause... not like that's... predictable or anything.
I don't mind if he's black. Shit, I agree though that Reed could totally be black and own that shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Project862006 wrote:
^thats who i think they may get he is hot at the moment with hunger games,The Expendables 2 then he has empire state which is is a lead across The rock and even upcoming Paranoia he is the lead in a film with harrison ford and gary oldman

he is only 22 an has blonde hair already

Well, he does have blonde hair so I think he's perfect casting!

He absolutely nailed the character of Dean Moriarty/Neal Cassady in Water Salle's On The Road (unlike his screen pardner Sam Riley, who missed Sal Paradise/Jack Kerouac by a country mile. Which was a shame, because he was amazingly good as Ian Curtis in Control and as the lead in Brighton Rock).

Garrett Hedlund stole every scene he was in, and inhabited the Denver womanising wide-boy Moriarty brilliantly. He can sure as hell act.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

^thats actually liam hemsworth not hedlund

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:02 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Project862006 wrote:
^thats actually liam hemsworth not hedlund

Crikey!

Easy mistake to make..

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 51373b.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:57 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Bump.

No way. Nuh uh. No way this could be accurate, and if it is... seriously what the fuck?

I could understand Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm, since he has the right age and demeanor for the part. But Miles Teller as Reed Richards? The guy's too young by half!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:18 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Bump.

No way. Nuh uh. No way this could be accurate, and if it is... seriously what the fuck?

I could understand Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm, since he has the right age and demeanor for the part. But Miles Teller as Reed Richards? The guy's too young by half!

To be fair, I believe Reed Richards' Ultimate universe counterpart is in his 20's.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:48 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Really? *checks Wikipedia* Huh. Well, if that's the direction they're going in, then maybe this could work after all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:21 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Too bad Marvel will never get the rights to F4 back. I just want to see a proper Galactus and Silver Surfer on screen.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:33 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Bump.

To be fair, I believe Reed Richards' Ultimate universe counterpart is in his 20's.

But there goes the age diferentiation betwenn the group.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

according to variety here is sue and johnny storm - kate mara and michael b jordan
ImageImage

wonder how this is gonna work out

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Project862006 wrote:
according to variety here is sue and johnny storm - kate mara and michael b jordan
ImageImage

wonder how this is gonna work out

Johnny is char-grilled?

In all seriousness, I'm going to go with adoptive siblings.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:49 am 
Tired of Earth.

I'm more curious as to how they're going to sell Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm. Won't make a difference after the transformation, sure, but pre-transformation?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:43 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'm more curious as to how they're going to sell Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm. Won't make a difference after the transformation, sure, but pre-transformation?

thought they would of went with someone more ruggedly handsome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:14 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I take some solace with the knowledge that if these filmmakers have half a brain cell between them, they'll have seen the backlash coming a mile away and have some ready means of addressing it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:41 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Jordan is not he problem.He's actually half the solution. Just wished they grew another pair and casted a black Sue Storm.

Apart from that, the problem that I have is them using the Ultimates version . And Teller and Mara aren't as talented as Jordan and Bell.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:07 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

RuiBK wrote:
Jordan is not he problem.He's actually half the solution. Just wished they grew another pair and casted a black Sue Storm.

Apart from that, the problem that I have is them using the Ultimates version . And Teller and Mara aren't as talented as Jordan and Bell.

dunno if you watch AMC Movie Talk or Mailbag, but the other day there was an episode where they run down a list of 5 actresses that would have made a good Black Sue Storm

I'm still just hoping that Jordan is actually playing Reed Richards, because that would solve every problem ever.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:56 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

RuiBK wrote:

teller is quite good he was awesome in spectacular now

mara is weird because she has such a cold dead eyes look to her it is gonna be hard to buy her as the sweet sue storm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:04 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

Project862006 wrote:
RuiBK wrote:

teller is quite good he was awesome in spectacular now

mara is weird because she has such a cold dead eyes look to her it is gonna be hard to buy her as the sweet sue storm

not any harder than Jessica Alba. Fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:45 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

‘Fantastic Four’: Philip Glass Writing Score, Josh Trank Cites David Cronenberg as Influence

Trank additionally told Collider how Cronenberg influenced Fantastic Four:
Quote:
Maybe the biggest influence for me in terms of an overall view and communicating tool to the various department was Scanners or The Fly. In terms of the feeling of what these powers are. Because the drama speaks for itself in terms of the script or the story but the look of the movie and the feel of the movie has to be more evocative.

In other words, he wanted Fantastic Four to have a real-world feel. He further explains:

Quote:
I would say that the science fiction of it is a big thing that sets it apart from most of the other superhero genre films. I’m a huge David Cronenberg fan, and I always viewed Fantastic Four and the kind of weirdness that happens to these characters and how they’re transformed to really fall in line more with a Cronenberg-ian science fiction tale of something horrible happening to your body and [it] transforming out of control. And the potential for a hard sci-fi take on that material makes me really excited.

http://www.slashfilm.com/fantastic-four ... ronenberg/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:11 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2J9ixAZdw

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next