WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:26 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

RuiBK wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
http://youtu.be/NLWsK1ZFunA

First thing I noticed:the scope is much bigger then CA:First Avenger.

There´s a lot of political undertones in the trailer. The opressive nature of SHIELD(something also stated on Agents of SHIELD), how some see destruction as necessity of change,Cap´s role in world.

Dat Secret War suit.
And thank God the Avengers version is nowhere to be seen. Only the First Avenger one shows up, and I ok with that.They should have used that cloth helmet crap.

Is it just me, or Robert Redford´s presence in anything gives some imediate gravitas to the procedings?

Giving Crossbones away in less then a minute and a half :lol: So I guess that SHIELD has a shitload of Hydra moles.

Anthony Mackie looking cool.Not a lot to see right now...

Bucky looks like he´s gonna be a fucking hand full...

And am I the only one that´s bummed that Sharon Carter is gonna have a smaller role and Black Widow is in,insted of Hawkeye?Yeah, it would be a fucking sausage fest with Cap+Hawkeye+Falcon, but hey, Hurt Locker reunion and Black Widow already had IM2.

If you look closely, the "Original" cap suit is not actually the same one from TFA, it's similar, but the shoulder straps are blue instead of grey and there's a 3rd central red stripe on the midsection (also the helmet is shiny instead of matte, and the belt is slightly different), I'm guessing this is an attempt to make his costume look more like the "traditional" Cap costume, and get a balance of the best-of-both-worlds

TFA: http://www.recipeapart.com/wp-content/u ... merica.jpg
TWS: http://mightymega.com/wp-content/upload ... tume_l.jpg

If you know who's playing Crossbones, it gives away the fact he's a SHIELD agent in less than that.

It's great that Mackie got some decent screentime in the trailer!

Yeah I am also disappointed that Sharon Carter is not in this movie more, it almost look like they have written the movie with Agent 13 in mind, and simply replaced her with Black Widow, Sharon is a SHIELD agent presumably, I would have liked to see Cap partnered with her due to the family connections, and then a connection grow. I am crossing my fingers that Cap/Widow friendship is completely platonic, and that their relationship is more like buddy cops rather than love interests, and that Sharon is a love interest on the side, with the amount of screen time that that implies, perhaps she could be a big player as a SHIELD loyalist in the SHIELD/Hydra split? we can only hope that she isn't some throwaway character that only exists because she can't not exist, because Peggy was already introduced. In sort of the same way that Donald Blake "exists" in the MCU, simply because fanboys would cry foul is he wasn't even mentioned.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am 
Tired of Earth.

I totally agree that Black Widow should be an independent heroine without a love interest. But until I see something -- anything -- of Sharon Carter, I'm holding out for Cap and Maria Hill. God help me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:41 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I totally agree that Black Widow should be an independent heroine without a love interest. But until I see something -- anything -- of Sharon Carter, I'm holding out for Cap and Maria Hill. God help me.

Well Cap and Sharon were a big deal in the comics, they just seem like they're completely fucking her character in this movie to a side note and replacing her with Black Widow, which I don't like because Black Widow had a romantic history with Winter Soldier which is likely out the window as well.

Other than that, the movie looks great. I'm also predicting Redford taking over as Red Skull, which would be pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:35 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Curiosity Inc. wrote:

If anything use the Black Widow-Hawkeye conection..

As to Hill and Carter, I hope to God that they aren´t underused. At the very least something akin to what Coulson was on IM and IM2. I´m not even asking for Black Widow in IM2 kind of participation.

madvillain wrote:

Other than that, the movie looks great. I'm also predicting Redford taking over as Red Skull, which would be pretty amazing.

I don´t think so.Yeah, under the make-up there would not be that much of diference, but I don´t think Redford would agree to that.First off it´s multi-picture deal type of role wich I don´t see him commit because of the role itself and his age.

P.S:

TheMovieDude wrote:
Rubik mentioned it looks like bigger in scale to the first one, yes, that's true but I also like that it feels very grounded.

Should have never put that fucking BK part after my name.Fucking Shawn Michaels and fucking Erno Rubik...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:58 pm 
Tired of Earth.

i'm pretty sure red skull is basically dead, seeing as how the tesseract seems to have teleported him into the depths of space.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:17 pm 
Tired of Earth.

RuiBK wrote:
madvillain wrote:

I don´t think so.Yeah, under the make-up there would not be that much of diference, but I don´t think Redford would agree to that.First off it´s multi-picture deal type of role wich I don´t see him commit because of the role itself and his age.

His age is an obstacle, but Redford wouldn't have come out of semi-retirement for some inconsequential bit role. Make no mistake, there's more to this character that we don't know just yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:34 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

WJK wrote:
i'm pretty sure red skull is basically dead, seeing as how the tesseract seems to have teleported him into the depths of space.

I sense that we are gonna see something similar to the Spider-Man animated tv show from the 90´s.Dude is basicaly lost in time and space and then zaps back in our time.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
His age is an obstacle, but Redford wouldn't have come out of semi-retirement for some inconsequential bit role. Make no mistake, there's more to this character that we don't know just yet.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000602/?ref_=nv_sr_2

It´s a resurgence that predates CA:Winter Soldier. That being said, looking at the casting in the other movies, the closest to someone like Redford is Kingsley. Here´s hoping we don´t get Trevor 2.0 .Because that would severly piss me off...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:34 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4qkPjzBRNI

MERICA,FUCK YEAH!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:50 pm 
Tired of Earth.

RuiBK wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4qkPjzBRNI

MERICA,FUCK YEAH!

pretty good but doesn't beat the original

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 pm 
Tired of Earth.

thread bump! with pics from empire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:43 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

anyone just not a fan of any of the cap suits by marvel on film?

they are always so baggy and bulky looking i can picture a cos player wearing them they have a cheapness to them

and why have evans do all that working out if he cant even show it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:38 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Project862006 wrote:
anyone just not a fan of any of the cap suits by marvel on film?

they are always so baggy and bulky looking i can picture a cos player wearing them they have a cheapness to them

and why have evans do all that working out if he cant even show it

Maybe a skin tight black leather suit with a white/red/blue A would be more to your liking?

And more pics:

And a better look at the new suit. It´s just a link because it´s above the forum´s limit:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5438/jwfg.jpg

And some of the info the Empire article had:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=92240

I sense a split from SHIELD by the movie´s end. That and SHIELD is really starting to be painted in a negative light in both the movies and tv show. This drone stuff must rustle Roger´s jimmies. Wonder if Ultron is SHIELD´s result of mixing an AI with an improved version of Vanko´s drones.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:26 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I think it would be great if Vanko's involvement had greater ramifications for the MCU beyond Iron Man 2. Hell, I don't think we ever learned what happened to Hammer or his company after IM2.

Also, the more I keep hearing about this movie, the less I hear about Sharon Carter. Is she even in this picture? What's the deal?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:23 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I think it would be great if Vanko's involvement had greater ramifications for the MCU beyond Iron Man 2. Hell, I don't think we ever learned what happened to Hammer or his company after IM2.

Also, the more I keep hearing about this movie, the less I hear about Sharon Carter. Is she even in this picture? What's the deal?

Now that I look at the picture of the toy it seems like a modified Iron Monger. It would be an interesting set up for future story arcs for Stark. His tech is already in the wind.Iron Monger, Hammer/Vanko drones, War Machine/Iron Patriot, all of these are outside of his control and could be used in ways that Stark never wanted.
Funny that the bigger box office hits(the Iron Man movies) are the one with more loose ties. We know that the Leader and Blonksy are under SHIELD custody, that the Destroyer has been reversed enginereed to create weapons, and that Hydra tech and the Tesseract had also been seized by SHIELD to create more weapons.

As to Carter, based on her interviews she´s in the movie and a SHIELD agent. She´s Rogers neighbour(maybe she´s undercover agent keeping tabs on Rogers?). Apart from that bit of information things are pretty scarce.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:11 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Am I the only one that thinks that Batroc looks like a mirror of Cap?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:37 pm 
Tired of Earth.

RuiBK wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks that Batroc looks like a mirror of Cap?

instead of captain america

we have comrade moscow!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:41 am 

but Batroc is French in the comics :-\

the difference between the US and UK posters is interesting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

New Trailer!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SlILk2WMTI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am 
Tired of Earth.

A trailer about Captain America: The Winter Soldier that actually talks about the Winter Soldier? The devil you say!

I like those shots of Falcon in combat, but he looks to me like another Hawkeye. The trailer suggests that he'll be vital for a few action scenes, and not much else.

Also, the last few shots come just short of outright confirming what we already suspected: There's a civil war going on at SHIELD. Most likely between Robert Redford's character and Nick Fury. This will get very interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:05 pm 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
A trailer about Captain America: The Winter Soldier that actually talks about the Winter Soldier? The devil you say!

I like those shots of Falcon in combat, but he looks to me like another Hawkeye. The trailer suggests that he'll be vital for a few action scenes, and not much else.

Also, the last few shots come just short of outright confirming what we already suspected: There's a civil war going on at SHIELD. Most likely between Robert Redford's character and Nick Fury. This will get very interesting.

I think partially Falcon will be there partially to showcase the fact that there are other super hero style characters around the place to help with the suspension of disbelief when Avengers 2 and phase 3 adds loads more to the Roster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next