WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ant-Man
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:27 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Part of Avengers Phase 2.

LET THE SPECULATIONS BEGIN, AS ZILLER WOULD SAY.

Post subject: Re: Ant-Man
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:19 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Hopefully, movie universe Hank Pym will stay with ONE identity !

And beat up his wife :D !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=63842
Quote:
Edgar Wright then hit the stage with a copy of Marvel Premiere, revealing that he may use that Ant-Man heist story as a basis for his version of the film. There is now no doubting the fact that the character is on his way to the big screen and that Wright will helm the movie. Test footage was shown and it appears as if the hero will wear the Irredeemable Ant-Man costume. His face was covered, so there's no indication as to who was playing him, and the suit is black with red highlights. Ant-Man is shown standing only a few inches tall in an air vent before suddenly growing in a flash and taking out two guards. He punches another in the face while in his small size, knocking one of the guy's teeth out before sliding down his tie, returning to his natural size, and flipping the guy over. He then makes his escape...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:50 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I really do hope they let Wright go buck-wild with this film. I mean, there's no real point in hiring the guy if you're force him to stick with the same (lame) aesthetic of the other films.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:33 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

"Despite Tweeting all week about being stuck in London, director Edgar Wright showed up on the Hall H stage to show off some test footage he shot for Ant-Man. According to Germain Lussier at /Film, “The footage begins in a long, Matrix style hallway with two Matrix style agents. The camera moves down the hall, through a grate, and we see a tiny man standing behind the grate: Ant-Man. He jumps through and starts running at them. Of course, they don’t see him. He then pops up into real size, they start shooting, he gets small again, jumps, runs down the shaft of the gun, jumps up and punches the guy in the face, shaking the face in slow motion. With that guy done, Ant-Man gets big again, flips the other agent over….okay, honestly by this point I was kind of freaking out and it gets fuzzy. I do know that Ant-Man takes care of business, is about to jump through another grate when the elevator pings, and he gets on it.”

Excitment over that one should be huge. And while Feige and Co. didn’t confirm a release date or a timeline for Ant-Man, they did say that it’s coming and show off the above title treatment. That has to count for something, right?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:34 pm 

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-2015-release-date/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:25 pm 
Tired of Earth.

It is rather peculiar that Ant-Man should technically be released during Phase Three. Somehow, I don't think Marvel planned for that. I'll be interested to see how this changes (or doesn't) the game plan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Marvel Likes Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Paul Rudd for ‘Ant-Man’ (EXCLUSIVE)
Quote:
Sequels to “Thor” and “The Avengers” may be on the horizon at Marvel, but the company’s antennas are increasingly tuned in to Edgar Wright’s “Ant-Man.”

Sources tell Variety the two actors who have emerged as front-runners to land the title role in the superhero feature are Joseph Gordon Levitt and Paul Rudd. Insiders warn there’s still a remote possibility another actor could emerge but as of now, Gordon-Levitt and Rudd are the main contenders for the film.

Marvel recently moved up the release date of the comic-book feature to July 31, 2015 and Wright, following his vacation, tweeted a pre-production photo of the Ant-Man character, which has since reignited the anticipation that an actor would be attached shortly.

The two choices are certainly interesting.

Wright, director of “Shaun of the Dead” and most recently “The World’s End,” appears to want more of an every man actor for the role with a wise-cracking personality rather than a beefed up action hero like Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans.

Sources indicate the two are expected to meet with Marvel execs and Wright one more time before a decision is made and that there’s also a possibility of another actor entering the mix.

In the comics, the character’s alter-ego was Henry Pym, a brilliant scientist who invented a substance that allowed him to change his size. One scenario that was rumored early on when Wright first came on is that he would focus on the later years of Ant-Man and add Scott Lang, a crook who steal Pym’s technology and becomes the new Ant-man which may also hint at the idea that both actors could potentially become involved in the film though this idea as of right now seems unlikely.

Wright co-wrote the script with “Attack the Block” director Joe Cornish.

Kevin Feige will produce for Marvel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:26 pm 
Tired of Earth.

i can dig seeing paul rudd for ant-man.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:47 am 

Yeah me too, but it seems really left-field

however CBM.com, in the comments nearly everyone is championing Rudd, I really never saw that coming. I'm glad people aren't liking JGL, he's a fine actor, but not for Ant Man, (for some reason I am gravitating toward Captain Marvel (Mar Vell) for JGL)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:06 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Yeah,betwenn Rudd and Levitt I think Rudd is the best choice. While I don´t know if the heavier drama would be ok for him, I can see him as Hank Pym easier then JGL. And considering who is directing, a keen sense of comedy might help alot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:07 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I was never a big fan of Rudd, but he won me over in a big way with Prince Avalanche. I certainly wouldn't complain if he got the job.

That said, I'd be very interested to hear what's kept Edgar Wright so passionate about this project. Why does he love this particular character so much that he'd be willing to stick with it through so many years of false starts? If we knew that, we might have a better idea of which actor would fit his vision most closely. That and we'd have a more concrete reason to be hyped about the film.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:56 am 

JGL has publicly denied the Ant Man rumours, saying that:

Quote:
"There is always a lot of rumors around these projects and so far it is still only discussions," Gordon-Levitt said. "I am always very transparent when it comes to my role and my career. I'm Usually the first to speak and communicate with my fans if something happens. If you hear nothing from me, they are just rumors."
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... vso4Rfu.99

Those are not the kind of things he would say if the rumours are true but he's been told to keep quiet about it, in my opinion, because if the rumours turned out to be true, he would seem like an ass for saying that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:45 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Curiosity Inc. wrote:

That said, I'd be very interested to hear what's kept Edgar Wright so passionate about this project. Why does he love this particular character so much that he'd be willing to stick with it through so many years of false starts? If we knew that, we might have a better idea of which actor would fit his vision most closely. That and we'd have a more concrete reason to be hyped about the film.

Aren´t many of those false starts his fault? I mean,suposedly this was suposed to come out before Thor and Cap, but now it´s the first movie of Phase Three. It can´t be just on Marvel´s end...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:43 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=89038

Interesting duo...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:35 am 

RuiBK wrote:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=89038

Interesting duo...

I don't think it is, they have worked together before, also they seem to run in the same circles as Simon Pegg, and therefore Edgar Wright by extension.

so now we seem to have Hank and Janet, the real question now is, who is playing Scott? JGL?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:17 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

RuiBK wrote:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=89038

Interesting duo...

I don't think it is, they have worked together before, also they seem to run in the same circles as Simon Pegg, and therefore Edgar Wright by extension.

so now we seem to have Hank and Janet, the real question now is, who is playing Scott? JGL?

I was going by the fact that I´m used to see Rashida on Comunity, along with Chris Pratt :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

i thought they had great chemistry in my idiot brother

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:25 am 

Project862006 wrote:
i thought they had great chemistry in my idiot brother

Yeah I saw that recently, and they really don't have many scenes together, and Rashida played Zooey Deschanel's (Rudd's sister's) girlfriend, so it's not like they even had the opportunity for chemistry, but sure, they seemed to get on on screen quite well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:10 am 
Tired of Earth.

it looks like rudd is in

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112684