WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Amazing Spider-man 2
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:27 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Also the venom storage mentioned above are nothing to do with THE Venom.

Even after seeing the film, I genuinely doubt that.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:03 am 
Tired of Earth.

My thoughts.

Put simply, I thought the film was merely adequate. Good enough to justify a 2D ticket price, but nowhere near good enough to stand against Marvel's offerings.

In retrospect, I should've seen this coming when Orci and Kurtzman stepped on board. Those putzes were practically born in Hollywood's comfort zone.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:14 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
My thoughts.

Put simply, I thought the film was merely adequate. Good enough to justify a 2D ticket price, but nowhere near good enough to stand against Marvel's offerings.

In retrospect, I should've seen this coming when Orci and Kurtzman stepped on board. Those putzes were practically born in Hollywood's comfort zone.

You know, I really don't like to point fingers at the screenwriters when a lot of the time it's not even the fault the movie sucks, but this movie has quite a few issues that I've noticed in other Orci/Kurtzman outings.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:17 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Thoughts?: http://badassdigest.com/2014/05/02/spider-man-producers-to-miles-morales-drop-dead/

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 am 
Tired of Earth.

t3cii wrote:

Further proof that the Spider-Man producers want to try keeping this franchise viable by maintaining the status quo without doing anything to rock the boat.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:57 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

t3cii wrote:

Nothing new there. After all Avi Arad is the dipshit that said this:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/04/a ... pidey.html

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:31 pm 

Honestly, I kind of agree with the general sentiments expressed there. I'm all for Miles Morales being portrayed on screen, but only if Peter Parker is dead. I wholeheartedly understand why having multiple Spider-men swinging around NYC isn't that great an idea. It kind of cheapens the idea and the reason it works so well in the comics is because Miles is an heir to Peter's legacy in a way. Seeing as how they'd never be crazy enough to kill Peter Parker off in a film universe any time soon, that leaves Miles Morales on the cutting room floor for the foreseeable future.

There could be a race thing involved here, but at least part of it's the same reason we'll never see Dick Grayson as Batman.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:37 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendel ... lot-twist/

Nice article.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:11 am 

RuiBK wrote:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/05/05/amazing-spider-man-2-and-its-self-sabotaging-plot-twist/

Nice article.

A fair assessment and point, but I disagree.

While this sort of thing has indeed become common place and has been misused to somewhat misogynistic effect in comic books nowadays, I feel the effect it has in the superhero film collective is somewhat the same the original story arc had on comics back in the 60's (or was it the 70's?). Anyway, I am somewhat sad that her character's gone (though she'll no doubt appear in flashbacks) because Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy did feel like an actual character instead of a stock girlfriend. She's very likable. However, I feel that the movie would be for the worse without things happening the way they did and I think audience members being genuinely shocked and saddened by the climax proves that to a degree. I find it especially poignant seeing as how Mary Jane was kidnapped and saved in every single of the Raimi Spider-man films. And in a weird way, I find that continued cliche more offensive than this one plot twist.

There are no doubt offenders in film and all entertainment of this cheap "Women in the Refrigerator" trope, but it all depends on context and how it's utilized and I really don't believe The Amazing Spider-man 2 to be an offender.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:15 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Godziller66 wrote:

Why would you doubt that? [it's almost certainly talking about the Venom that made Spider-man and Goblin as opposed to the black Venom, although talking of which, did you notice how there were a few things like space suits and space imagery around Oscorp, implying that they are into space exploration? I'm thinking that perhaps that Venom will be some sort of alien organism, combined with the Spider-venom, and perhaps Norman may actually be the first Venom in the sequel, maybe even be completely consumed by it, then the symbiote will move to Eddie Brock for the Venom solo movie.]

Godziller66 wrote:
Honestly, I kind of agree with the general sentiments expressed there. I'm all for Miles Morales being portrayed on screen, but only if Peter Parker is dead. I wholeheartedly understand why having multiple Spider-men swinging around NYC isn't that great an idea. It kind of cheapens the idea and the reason it works so well in the comics is because Miles is an heir to Peter's legacy in a way. Seeing as how they'd never be crazy enough to kill Peter Parker off in a film universe any time soon, that leaves Miles Morales on the cutting room floor for the foreseeable future.

There could be a race thing involved here, but at least part of it's the same reason we'll never see Dick Grayson as Batman.

Agreed, if this TASM universe keeps going, I would much rather they kill off Peter when Garfield (or a recast Peter) has had enough, and replace him with Miles, than do a whole new reboot again, i don't want to have to start again from scratch, and I think Sony is not interested in starting again from scratch.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:40 am 

Godziller66 wrote:

Why would you doubt that?

Just answered your own question.

combined with the Spider-venom,

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Godziller66 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

Why would you doubt that?

Just answered your own question.

combined with the Spider-venom,

my point is, I think the "Venom Storage" is JUST the spider-venom, not the alien organism named Venom.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:33 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

This sums up all my issues with the movie: http://badassdigest.com/2014/05/06/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulks-237-burning-questions-for-the-amazing-spider-man/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11