WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:13 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

Kay there.

R.I.P. grammatically correct thread that died.

It charted my early obsession with the Highlander show and X-Files. It shall be missed.

2nd episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine.
Still, very funny, and for the briefest of moments... heartwarming.
Which was unexpected. I find it funnier than Reno 911, and full of actors I enjoy watching regardless.
They all have great chemistry and I'll be tuning in every week now to watch it.

I didn't catch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but I have it on my DVR.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Some of these I've repeated in the shows' respective threads, but here they are, regardless.

How I Met your Mother: This season is off to a good start. The best moments being those with The Mother herself. It seems like this new structure they've picked up has allowed the writers to relax and go a bit more in-depth into what they can. However, not every joke or subplot was homerun but it was still a lot better and more enjoyable than most of last season's episodes.

Agents of SHIELD-This was a fun Pilot. However, if you are expecting the same pathos found in The Avengers or in other Whedon shows, you may be disappointed. It's much more of a tongue-in-cheek action/adventure story but most of the characters don't seem like they will be very interesting, but we'll see, I still enjoyed it very much and I dug all the references to the Marvel universe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:22 pm 

There are probably more shows airing now that I'm actually interested in following now than ever

Breaking Bad (even if we are rapidly approaching the finale)
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Castle
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Elementary
The Michael J. Fox Show

Like... I can't fucking juggle all these shows.
Thank god for On Demand, torrenting sites, and DVRs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:38 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Subscribin'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:39 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

New Girl-This being such a self-contained sitcom, albeit one with continuity and long-running storylines, I can't imagine myself watching it constantly, mostly because I do find Zooey Deschanel's character a bit grating as well as the rest of the cast. However, there's no denying that when this show is good, it's very good. Charming, funny and full of heart.

The Middle-I haven't followed this show as much as I used to, but I really do think it's the best comedy centered on family that there has been on Network TV in a while. There's always a sad undercurrent to it that makes it feel all the more real, as with New Girl, sometimes the characters (especially the older kids) can get a bit too annoying but just as that show, when it's good, it's great. Great performances and heart propel it with some of the funniest dialogue you'll ever hear.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

How I Met Your Mother: "Last time in New York"-Very sweet and funny. The funniest episode the show has had in a long time. Definitely playing up to the qualities of the characters and the strenghts of its cast. As much as The Mother was a well-needed breath of fresh air, this episode proved that the gang can still make it on its own.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:20 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

TheMovieDude wrote:
How I Met Your Mother: "Last time in New York"-Very sweet and funny. The funniest episode the show has had in a long time.

Strongly disagree. After it ended, it occurred to me that I hadn't laughed once during the entire episode. At best, maybe a slight smile. If this is the show at its best, I don't look forward to the rest of the season.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
How I Met Your Mother: "Last time in New York"-Very sweet and funny. The funniest episode the show has had in a long time.

Strongly disagree. After it ended, it occurred to me that I hadn't laughed once during the entire episode. At best, maybe a slight smile. If this is the show at its best, I don't look forward to the rest of the season.

Well, I never said my opinion was the end-all-be-all of a show's quality. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:26 pm 

Brooklyn Nine Nine was again good.
Had me laughing alot.
Some of the jokes just fall flat, but others are gut bustingly hilarious.
I fear it may get cancelled though. Something tells me I just have a humor-hard-on for this cast.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 am 

Saw the pilot episode, it was pretty good, it may turn off people who don't have much tolerance for the british style of sitcom or "mock the awkwardness" type of comedy; but I felt it was funny, sincere, well-written and with tons of potential to grow, we'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:38 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Agents of SHIELD-Underhwelming episode with a great climax and ending.
The Bridge-A great finale to a so-so first season, that showed a lot of the show's great potential.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:19 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

feliciano182 wrote:

Saw the pilot episode, it was pretty good, it may turn off people who don't have much tolerance for the british style of sitcom or "mock the awkwardness" type of comedy; but I felt it was funny, sincere, well-written and with tons of potential to grow, we'll see what happens.

I kind of want to check it out, but I have a problem with not liking seeing people embarrass themselves, even in television shows. Also seems like Merchant isn't too far removed from the character he is playing. He really is pretty awkward in real life when it comes to dating, or so he says. One recent story of his involved him crashing Sarah Silverman's birthday party, accidentally ingesting drugs, and walking through a glass window.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:36 am 

t3cii wrote:
I kind of want to check it out, but I have a problem with not liking seeing people embarrass themselves, even in television shows. Also seems like Merchant isn't too far removed from the character he is playing. He really is pretty awkward in real life when it comes to dating, or so he says. One recent story of his involved him crashing Sarah Silverman's birthday party, accidentally ingesting drugs, and walking through a glass window.

Isn't HBO off-limits to you ?

Also, the level of embarrassment "Stuart" goes through in the very first episode is just............it's comedy gold for people who love seeing this, but if you have a problem with it, then don't get near it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:41 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Well, obviously I'd have to wait for a network I get to pick it up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:57 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

How I Met Your Mother-The Broken Code-Eh, it was an okay episode.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:58 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

8-) currently watching the shield season 4 i recently bought full series box set

forgot how awesome this show was

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:08 pm 

The Booth At The End

An incredibly fascinating show I came upon yesterday while browsing online for something to watch, the premise is very simple: People who have wishes, desires or simple wants are directed to approach "The Man" at the booth at the end of a diner, "The Man" then listens to their request and assigns them a task, which they must complete for their request to be fulfilled; sometimes these tasks are completely bizarre (make five people cry), whereas others are indisputably immoral (kill a little girl), all tasks however, involve some degree of sacrifice from the people who approach "The Man".

The only condition "The Man" asks, is to keep him updated on the progress of the task, even when there's no obligation to fulfill the task, people who make the requests are fully in their right to walk away and completely ignore what "The Man" has assigned.

Of course, no one walks away.

What's particularly interesting and engaging about the show is that it ALWAYS takes place at the diner, you never ever ever EVER see the characters outside of an interaction with "The Man", in reality, the entirety of each and every episode consists of the task updates each person has been given and how they've handling them. It's rather engrossing how entertaining the show is despite seeming so restrained, it's noticeably short, being a little over twenty minutes per episode, and only with five episodes per season, but it's incredibly cerebral, filled with a ton of philosophical material and fascinating content, I fully recommend it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:29 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

In case the picture goes kaput and in order to avoid the Stephen King references, it´s "The Blacklist"
with James Spader.

If this manages to last 4/5 seasons, I can see Spader winning some Emmys on account of this.
Pretty kickass pilot. Really like all the foundations and misteries that they layed. And to end with the country cover of "99 problems",holy fuck :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:35 pm 
Tired of Earth.

^i watched the pilot

would give it a 3/5 at best

and i'm not sure what's the purpose in reddington deciding to bring down his little list of unknown terrorists.

but yes, did not see that country cover coming, lolwut. james spader acts like a total boss 100% of the time and i enjoy it. it's too bad he's too old for stargate now, i would have loved to see devlin and emmerich continue their original trilogy plans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:18 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

How I Met Your Mother-"The Poker Game"-Okay, this was better than "The Broken Code." I'm really starting to notice that these episodes have better climaxes and endings, while everything else is pretty lackluster. I liked the call-backs to older seasons and Barney's rant to his mother and James was hilarious, and I find James' subplot to be pretty sad. However, I think they are really forcing themselves to cover the whole 48 hour span of the wedding weekend and kinda unimaginatevely too. I was actually ready to check out of the show next week, because the preview sounded absolutely horrible-Like, seriously, an entire episode devoted to Barney stealing the story of how he met Robin?! I know this is a comedy, but that whole thing just feels petty. Way too petty to be funny or especially interesting. However, there seems that there'll be more stuff going on so given reviews, I might check it out. But I think that they're really wasting having Christin Milioti in the cast. They have a good chance to develop her or to add a different dynamic to things and they're not really making it work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next