WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:54 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

TheMovieDude wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Nope, never have. I think most shoots go under a different name. But I think they did film in France. Or, at least, were hoping to.

It seems unlikely. They're very strict about giant gun laws over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Dc_NALVl4

Oh yeah, I heard that in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebo incident they wouldn't be allowing any filming anymore. I don't know if just of action-type stuff or if in general.

Well, my comment was a joke. But that's interesting.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:23 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Godziller66 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Nope, never have. I think most shoots go under a different name. But I think they did film in France. Or, at least, were hoping to.

Oh yeah, I heard that in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebo incident they wouldn't be allowing any filming anymore. I don't know if just of action-type stuff or if in general.

Yeah, I knew you were kidding. And I'm not sure what the deal is, but that's the last thing I heard about the situation a while back. I remember something about Luc Besson being pissed.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:31 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
t3cii wrote:

Yeah, I knew you were kidding. And I'm not sure what the deal is, but that's the last thing I heard about the situation a while back. I remember something about Luc Besson being pissed.

Does this mean that Muhammad won't be making his iconic appearance in the second half of the season that looks like it'll remake Red Dragon?

Furthermore, does this mean Leon the Professional: Paris Boogaloo is nixed?

Damn. This is a bad time for France-related freedom TM.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:44 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

The second season of Penny Dreadful is great so far. Although I'm really starting to hate "On the next episode of..." ads, not because they're spoilerish, because they aren't, but because they kind of ruin the ending of the episode you just watched and are still processing. The ending of the latest episode was something amazing and I thought that a certain character was put in on an interesting direction. Then cut to the credits and the mystery of what would happen to her was kind of killed.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:04 am 

Catching up on Louie. I feel like episode 5 is the first great episode of the season.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:59 am 

Well, I feel like the fifth season of Louie ended on a strong note. I'm looking forward to you guys catching up.

Also, here's an interesting article with Louie shedding light on various aspects of the season and the show. http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchi ... -got-high/

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:38 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

If it wasn't a season finale, I would have liked it better. It wasn't a bad episode by any means, but I just felt that as many episodes of this season, there wasn't anything truly transcendental. Still, lots of the show's qualities remained. I actually think my favorite episode of the scene was the one with the airplanes, simply because it captures the experience of traveling through air and being stuck at airports and all the anxieties that come with that very well. The moments where Louie gets hit by the cart in the aisle seat were perfect because I had that exact thing happen to me. It was all enjoyable in a way, and with those cool C.K. touches throughout but I felt this was the show's weakest season so far.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:00 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Anyone watching the new Hannibal?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:47 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I've been REALLY busy lately and my computer had a major snafu today, so I haven't been able to catch up. I liked the season opener.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:19 am 

t3cii wrote:
Anyone watching the new Hannibal?

Hell yeah. The first two episodes were as amazing as the show's ever been. I'm glad they're getting away from the obligations of the weekly procedural stuff too, as much as I love how goofy that stuff was.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:24 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Sense8 has the exact same problem as Cloud Atlas: Each episode throws you around from character to character, and situation to situation and it doesn't allow you to really take in what's going on. It's needlessly cacophonous in this way. If you can get past that, you will find that the individual characters are fascinating as are their stories. I got pretty hooked on the show. The Wachowskis and Straczynski were very smart with their cliffhangers at the ending of each episode, and they truly knew how to build momentum. But the structure of each episode is all over the place in a way that I don't think was really necessary.

And as the show went on, I became thoroughly disappointed by it; As a Mexican, I was very happy to finally see a story about Mexico that doesn't involve drugs and presents other aspects that are constantly overlooked in movies and Lito's boyfriend was probably my favorite secondary character. But I was really, really disappointed by how Daniela was reduced in the show. She essentially becomes a damsel in distress and it was completely contrary to how her character had been established. And the white savior plotline with Gorski bothered me as well. And damn, is the whole mind link thing used as Deus-ex-machina over and over. It's fine once or twice, but after that it becomes exhausting and predictable.

I liked that the show ended on a note of mystery, but I wonder if it was really necessary to do that. Overall, I think I'll wait on buzz about the second season to check it out. It's not really horrible, but the Wachowskis and Straczynski need to rethink their execution at least a little bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:17 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Watched the latest Hannibal. I'm not sure what to say, but it's just as great as ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:05 pm 

Finally watched Bojack Horseman and finished the first season plus the Christmas special. I think it takes half the season to really get going, but once it does, wow. It's really good and I hear the second season keeps up the momentum. If you liked the general themes explored in something like Birdman, you might like this a lot as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:43 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Godziller66 wrote:
Finally watched Bojack Horseman and finished the first season plus the Christmas special. I think it takes half the season to really get going, but once it does, wow. It's really good and I hear the second season keeps up the momentum. If you liked the general themes explored in something like Birdman, you might like this a lot as well.

now when you say birdman, do you mean the recent movie or harvey birdman, that old adult swim show? or the even older harvey birdman show?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:19 pm 

WJK wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

now when you say birdman, do you mean the recent movie or harvey birdman, that old adult swim show? or the even older harvey birdman show?

I mean the recent movie. In fact, there's even a short homage to it at the beginning of an episode in season 2.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

I've been watching Mr. Robot. What a surprising show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:12 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

The Expanse. Watching on Netflix. One episode left. Very well done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13