WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:48 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Godziller66 wrote:
The new Tina Fey created Netflix series, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, is really good. I marathoned it and it was a delight, I have to say. The humor reminded me quite a bit of Community. It'd probably remind me of 30 Rock as well if I ever watched a lot of 30 Rock.

But anyway, the premise is that Kimmy Schmidt is one of four women who's been locked up in an underground bunker for 15 years by a crazy cult reverend guy. (Who ends up being played by someone we all know and love) So the police finally find them and she decides to start anew in NYC as a happy go lucky person whose joy is infectious and she's also kind of mentally a 15 year old. It's really fun and I'm looking forward to the second season.

"I have a confession to make..."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

TheMovieDude wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
The new Tina Fey created Netflix series, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, is really good. I marathoned it and it was a delight, I have to say. The humor reminded me quite a bit of Community. It'd probably remind me of 30 Rock as well if I ever watched a lot of 30 Rock.

But anyway, the premise is that Kimmy Schmidt is one of four women who's been locked up in an underground bunker for 15 years by a crazy cult reverend guy. (Who ends up being played by someone we all know and love) So the police finally find them and she decides to start anew in NYC as a happy go lucky person whose joy is infectious and she's also kind of mentally a 15 year old. It's really fun and I'm looking forward to the second season.

"I have a confession to make..."

"I believe in Gosh and his son Jeepers."

In related news, Community Season 6 is really good so far. It's a shame they had to lose John Oliver and Jonathan Banks out of obvious necessity, but it doesn't appear any worse for it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I really should catch up on Community. I've seen a lot of episodes, probably most of them, but I'm not fully caught up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:31 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

The season starter for Louie was pretty simple, but also very funny.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:14 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

It was okay, but considering that was the first episode of the season, kind of meh.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:26 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:
It was okay, but considering that was the first episode of the season, kind of meh.

It did feel like an odd episode to start the season on, that's for sure. Felt more like something you'd get from the middle of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:45 pm 
Tired of Earth.

so the daredevil show is on netflix

pretty damn good

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:43 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

It is damn good. Seriously, amazing. Hyperbole maybe, but it's perhaps the best thing that has come out from the MCU. Bold, poignant, complex and very entertaining. The performances are excellent, the style is great, the fighting is awesome. And just the ideas contained in it. After Better Call Saul, it's the best new show of 2015 so far.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:38 am 

Well, Danger 5 is pretty much the best thing I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:43 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

The latest episode of Louie was good, but Michael Rapaport's performance was stellar. The whole thing with the gun was a little "Magnolia" or "Stray Dog", which wouldn't surprise me since Louis C.K. sure loves him some movies. It kind of made me wish he should do a movie with that format, just two guys or people meeting and talking around the city and having some adventures. Kind of like what his buddy Chris Rock did in "Top Five."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:26 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I must be behind, because I've only seen the first two episodes. When does the show actually air?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:30 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:
I must be behind, because I've only seen the first two episodes. When does the show actually air?

Thursday nights...I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:48 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
t3cii wrote:

Thursday nights...I think.

Yeah, it's Thursday nights. I missed the last episode as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:44 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

TheMovieDude wrote:
The latest episode of Louie was good, but Michael Rapaport's performance was stellar. The whole thing with the gun was a little "Magnolia" or "Stray Dog", which wouldn't surprise me since Louis C.K. sure loves him some movies. It kind of made me wish he should do a movie with that format, just two guys or people meeting and talking around the city and having some adventures. Kind of like what his buddy Chris Rock did in "Top Five."

I just watched it. I have to be honest, I've never liked Rapaport, so I didn't particularly enjoy seeing a whole episode devoted to him playing a fairly unlikeable character. I think these episodes have been a bit underwhelming.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:01 pm 

t3cii wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

I just watched it. I have to be honest, I've never liked Rapaport, so I didn't particularly enjoy seeing a whole episode devoted to him playing a fairly unlikeable character. I think these episodes have been a bit underwhelming.

I enjoyed it, but I agree with the last part.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:14 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

It's weird, because I've seen quite a few movies Rappaport has been in, but I only remember him in True Romance and I liked him that. As much as I liked this episode, I have the feeling that Louis C.K. must be at least a bit burnt out. I mean, he's said so himself that doing this show can be a little tough.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:46 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I thought the latest Louie was kind of meh again. I wonder if we give him too much credit? Last season wasn't particularly funny, but it felt like he actually had something to say. This season so far, it looks like he's trying to be funny, but has been kind of saddled with the Pamela storyline, which I just don't find much humor in. Seeing him constantly be put down by her is bit wears a bit thin. I'm hoping this storyline is over, or close to it.

You know what show is funny? Brooklyn Nine Nine. I forgot how funny this show is. I've missed a ton of episodes and have been catching up on it. Still the best comedic ensemble on television. Really, I've watched Community, and I just don't like any of those characters or find them funny. With Brooklyn Nine Nine, I find the entire ensemble funny. I like these characters. Andre Braugher continues to be amazing in a very dead pan role.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:19 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

t3cii wrote:
You know what show is funny? Brooklyn Nine Nine. I forgot how funny this show is. I've missed a ton of episodes and have been catching up on it. Still the best comedic ensemble on television. Really, I've watched Community, and I just don't like any of those characters or find them funny. With Brooklyn Nine Nine, I find the entire ensemble funny. I like these characters. Andre Braugher continues to be amazing in a very dead pan role.

This kinda spurs me to get back into that show. I was all over it when it started and then just... stopped.
But I agree, it's hilarious and I really need to catch up.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:25 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:
I thought the latest Louie was kind of meh again. I wonder if we give him too much credit? Last season wasn't particularly funny, but it felt like he actually had something to say. This season so far, it looks like he's trying to be funny, but has been kind of saddled with the Pamela storyline, which I just don't find much humor in. Seeing him constantly be put down by her is bit wears a bit thin. I'm hoping this storyline is over, or close to it.

I completely agree with you about Louie. I really get the sense that Louis CK might be burnt out. He has done something really admirable but I wouldn't be surprised if it has run its course on him; writing alone can be exhausting, but also having to write, direct, edit, produce, act, etc. can be very tough. This season could improve, but it's getting hard to watch each episode now.

And Brooklyn Nine Nine was something I really enjoyed and thought I'd catch up to it, but never really watched again. I actually got buzzed because on my flight to London, they offered a few episodes and I thought I'd watch them but I didn't, and on my flight back, they didn't offer them at all.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:06 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I think Brooklyn Nine Nine is now the only show that can get a big laugh out of me at least once an episode. A lot of it comes down to the performances. I didn't like Sandberg, at first, but I feel like he's been reigned in. And everyone else is great. And the writing has been fine tuned to their performances. Like, Braugher plays such a dull character, yet the funniness comes from his amiable, and super dry performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz2vDfsCy9s

I also think Melissa Fumero is really adorable, and funny in what could have been a thankless role. Being the suck up, go getter, she could have come off as being a no fun teacher's pet, but she plays up the nerdiness of the character in a way that's really endearing. There was a moment in an episode where she finds she's going to have to work after hours with the Captain, and she does this little, "in your face" type shimmy. You've never seen someone so pumped to do extra work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next