WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Avengers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Basically, Fox can use the characters so long as no mention is made of the Avengers, and Marvel can use them so long as their mutant heritage (or any mutants, for that matter) isn't mentioned.

Seems to me that both parties can work within those boundaries quite easily. It's entirely possible that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch could have been brought up with no knowledge of who their parents were or where they came from. In fact, going by what I've read on Wikipedia, that's pretty much exactly what happened until Magneto was thrown into the mix.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:36 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Agents of SHIELD is already hinting at people with super-powers, while never calling them mutants. Quicksilver and Scarlett Qitch will fall in nicely...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:52 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

They're just going to be Inhumans now. Which is fine, Quicksilver was once married to Crystal of the Inhuman royal family. Plus, that means we might be getting some Black Bolt soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:09 pm 
Tired of Earth.

so i guess this is the unofficial mcu thread as well?

http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disn ... z2jyEzUzax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:19 pm 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Wow, a commitment to do at least 52 episodes is a big deal! Looking forward to it! Daredevil, Jessica Jones AND heroes for hire, I guess others will play smaller parts too. Moon Night maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

I wonder if it´s within the MCU on account of them being on Netflix.I hope to God they are.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:55 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I can't imagine Marvel would do anything like this and not have it be part of the greater cinematic continuity.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:31 pm 
Tired of Earth.

We got our confirmation!

So Elizabeth Olsen is set to play Scarlet Witch. Frankly, I'm thrilled to hear that she's landed any role.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 pm 
Tired of Earth.

So I just found out about this. Don't know if it's common knowledge to anyone else, but it was news to me.

So the Tesseract -- which we all assumed to be the Cosmic Cube -- was actually an Infinity Gem this whole time. And now the Aether of Thor 2 is an Infinity Gem as well. Clearly, the folks at Marvel are setting up something big for Avengers 3.

At least I assume we're talking about Phase 3 here. I can't imagine how any of this fits in with Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, or Ultron.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

It´s common knowledge to anyone that saw the Guardians of the Galaxy after-credit scene. Falstaf(sic?) said that they alreay had the Tesseract in Asgard and that storing another Infinity Stone in such proximity was a bad idea.

And yeah, it´s Avengers 3. Whedon said so. My guess is that Phase 3 has Ant-Man,Thor 3,Cap 3 and Guardians 2.Guardians are being made to be Space Avengers lol Hawkeye and Blak Widow are gonna probably be phased out from the Avengers in 2 to give spae to the Guardians on 3(here´s hoping for a SHIELD movie ).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:38 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I guess I didn't put two and two together that the Tesseract was an Infinity Gem. Or that the Gem being handed over was some form of Aether. In any case, it's good to have that info out there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:18 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

I could have swear that they refer to the tesseract and the aether by name and they call them infinity stones.But then again this is small stuff rigt now.By the time we get ourselves some Guardians shit will be explained and detailed in movie.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:05 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

RuiBK wrote:
It´s common knowledge to anyone that saw the Guardians of the Galaxy after-credit scene. Falstaf(sic?) said that they alreay had the Tesseract in Asgard and that storing another Infinity Stone in such proximity was a bad idea.

And yeah, it´s Avengers 3. Whedon said so. My guess is that Phase 3 has Ant-Man,Thor 3,Cap 3 and Guardians 2.Guardians are being made to be Space Avengers lol Hawkeye and Blak Widow are gonna probably be phased out from the Avengers in 2 to give spae to the Guardians on 3(here´s hoping for a SHIELD movie ).

I wouldn't mind another stand alone Hulk movie at some point. Maybe they've just given up entirely on that, though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:45 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Godziller66 wrote:
I wouldn't mind another stand alone Hulk movie at some point. Maybe they've just given up entirely on that, though.

Feige insists that never before Avengers 2. And now that I think about it, there might be space for it before Avengers 3. Ant-Man is 2015,then they have 2016/2017 for 4 movies and if they wanted early 2018.

Yeah, it is feasible. And like you I would like it very much. Just hope that they are smart at it this time...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 am 

RuiBK wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

Feige insists that never before Avengers 2. And now that I think about it, there might be space for it before Avengers 3. Ant-Man is 2015,then they have 2016/2017 for 4 movies and if they wanted early 2018.

Yeah, it is feasible. And like you I would like it very much. Just hope that they are smart at it this time...

phase 1 had 5 movies, phase 2 is going to have 4 movies, I expect phase 3 to have 5 or maybe 6 movies to make up for only having 4 in phase 1, those will likely be Thor 3, Cap 3, Antman, GOTG 2 (if successful), and Dr Strange, (and Black Panther if they do 6)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:59 pm 
Tired of Earth.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... -as-682165

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/21/ ... pixar-vet/

names getting tossed around for directors for doctor strange

and apparently mads mikkelsen is being eyed for the role

all of my yes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:56 pm 
Tired of Earth.

another thread bump

http://www.thewrap.com/disney-film-marv ... -announce/

that marvel netflix series will have about 60 one hour episodes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:48 pm 

WJK wrote:
another thread bump

seems like a lot, but we knew it was going to be 5 series' so that's just 12 per series which seems right. I'm more curious as to over what period they will be released? it's not going to be one per year, because they would mean a 4 year gap between starting and ending, but i think having them all in one year might be too much, my guess is they will spread it out over 2 years, meaning "series" releases at 6 month intervals, which would be like airing 24 episodes a year for 2 years, then 12 in the 3rd year, which is totally doable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:23 pm 
Tired of Earth.

WJK wrote:
another thread bump

seems like a lot, but we knew it was going to be 5 series' so that's just 12 per series which seems right. I'm more curious as to over what period they will be released? it's not going to be one per year, because they would mean a 4 year gap between starting and ending, but i think having them all in one year might be too much, my guess is they will spread it out over 2 years, meaning "series" releases at 6 month intervals, which would be like airing 24 episodes a year for 2 years, then 12 in the 3rd year, which is totally doable.

it would certainly help to fill the gap between winter soldier and guardians

and then the gap between guardians and avengers 2, etc.

plus if agents of shield continues they'll also have that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:39 am 

WJK wrote:
WJK wrote:
another thread bump

it would certainly help to fill the gap between winter soldier and guardians

and then the gap between guardians and avengers 2, etc.

plus if agents of shield continues they'll also have that

Well afaik, these shows don't start airing until 2016 :-\

edit: just checked and they will start in 2015

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next