WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Avengers:Age of Ultron
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:15 pm 
Offline
Silk Swinger of Suburbia
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:22 am
Posts: 1726
Location: Portugal
Decided to create this thread so that there is a separation betwenn the first one and the next. If Curi is up for it maybe he could "transplant" a couple of pages from the other thread.


Some big scenes will be shot in Seoul

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/htm ... 01797.html



Ruffalo already doing mo-cap for some scenes filmed in Johanesburg and hinting at romance on AOU for Banner. Betty?

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/mark-ruf ... mance.html



Italy is also on the cards, probably for the beggining of the movie and introducing Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/24/ ... and-korea/

They were turning their Italy set into a Serbian location:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4192/jbf0.jpg

And some other stuff:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7753/aotb.jpg

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8205/6aij.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3692/08ge.jpg



Feige hyping up Ultron

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/how-mu ... cial/15209



Some pics from the Marvel:Assembling a Universe special.Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver first look:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/486/n9x5.jpg

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/1940/ji15.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6184/o67l.jpg

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/generated/ ... ed_800.jpg

And these bad boys are for last:

Image

Image



And some footage from the special that hasn´t been yanked yet from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtCIDsNVEI#t=80


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:59 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
Done. Wasn't nearly as difficult as I had thought.

Incidentally, I'd like to thank RuiBK for posting all of this. It's a great benefit to chumps like me who made the mistake of thinking that this "special" was just going to be a fluff piece void of any real substance.

Also, if Betty Ross is playing a role, I really hope Marvel has the good sense to recast her as well. Liv Tyler was completely inert in the role, and it's not like there aren't so many gorgeous brunette women waiting in line behind her.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:42 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
Watching the trailers for Iron Man 3, I thought that the Mark 35 would mean a Hulk cameo in which Hulk would end up using it to help Tony Stark. That obviously didn't happen but it looks like we could have a pretty badass fight between Hulk and that suit or Tony himself in Avengers 2.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:40 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
The Hulkbuster's obviously a highlight, but I was interested even more in the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch concept art since it's our first look of sorts at the characters. Already Quicksilver looks better than he does in Days of Future Past and closer to the comics too, even though he doesn't have the white hair in the Avengers 2 art.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:18 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
And Scarlet Witch is a blonde. Really, what's up with that?

As for Quicksilver, I must say that the blue coloring works so much better than the bright green of the comics. Also, I really hope that the costume looks half as good off the page, because I would laugh so hard at the notion of Marvel once again schooling DC. Put this up against the Flash costume we saw recently and it's no fucking contest.

Though seriously, he needs white hair. He is QuickSILVER, after all.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:35 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
And Scarlet Witch is a blonde. Really, what's up with that?

Hm, I dunno. It looks brown to me, but it's hard to tell from that image.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
As for Quicksilver, I must say that the blue coloring works so much better than the bright green of the comics.

Well, he had a blue costume in the comics as well.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Though seriously, he needs white hair. He is QuickSILVER, after all.

It is quite iconic, though I'm pretty sure the only reason he has white hair in the comics is because Magneto has white hair and there are a million ways that doesn't apply in this universe. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if something happened to him halfway through the movie to turn it white.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:23 am 
Offline
Silk Swinger of Suburbia
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:22 am
Posts: 1726
Location: Portugal
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Done. Wasn't nearly as difficult as I had thought.

Incidentally, I'd like to thank RuiBK for posting all of this. It's a great benefit to chumps like me who made the mistake of thinking that this "special" was just going to be a fluff piece void of any real substance.

Also, if Betty Ross is playing a role, I really hope Marvel has the good sense to recast her as well. Liv Tyler was completely inert in the role, and it's not like there aren't so many gorgeous brunette women waiting in line behind her.


And thank you very much for the reshuffling.
And I watched because I was interested in gettin a peek at the behind the scenes of Marvel´s dealings. That and since AoS wasn´t on, I might as well go to the next Marvel thing they piut in that slot.
As to Liv Tyler, I don´t know. They changed Bruce, but are they willing to change Ross senior and his daughter?What about the Leader and Doc Samson?
On a related noted, Glen Talbot (played by Josh Lucas on the first Hulk movie ,the one not from Marvel) is gonna appear on AoS, played by Adrian Pasdar, aka Nathan Petrelli. So they are trying to expand the Banner/Hulk.



TheMovieDude wrote:
Watching the trailers for Iron Man 3, I thought that the Mark 35 would mean a Hulk cameo in which Hulk would end up using it to help Tony Stark. That obviously didn't happen but it looks like we could have a pretty badass fight between Hulk and that suit or Tony himself in Avengers 2.


The Hulk in a Iron Man suit. Holy fucking overkill :D

And yeah, here´s hoping that the concept is translated to the screen.


Curiosity Inc. wrote:
And Scarlet Witch is a blonde. Really, what's up with that?

As for Quicksilver, I must say that the blue coloring works so much better than the bright green of the comics. Also, I really hope that the costume looks half as good off the page, because I would laugh so hard at the notion of Marvel once again schooling DC. Put this up against the Flash costume we saw recently and it's no fucking contest.

Though seriously, he needs white hair. He is QuickSILVER, after all.


Bright brown due to the flame-like thing in the back?
And it seems I´m the only guy not that into Quicksilver´s costume. Too plain.


And speaking of schooling DC,go to Cap thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm 
Offline
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:38 am
Posts: 1258
But the Flash costume looks great. And it's on a fucking TV budget.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:37 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
I take it these are real, I'm just surprised to see them so soon. Actual set photos of Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch and Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver. Looks like he's getting white hair after all. And lightning bolts!

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 5226_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 3080_n.jpg

Edit: More: http://www.superherohype.com/news/29631 ... e#/slide/1

We've got Hawkeye and some Ultron drones.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
RuiBK wrote:

The Hulk in a Iron Man suit. Holy fucking overkill :D

And yeah, here´s hoping that the concept is translated to the screen.


Hahaha, that's probably why I'm not writing these movies.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:35 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
madvillain wrote:
But the Flash costume looks great. And it's on a fucking TV budget.

No it doesn't.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:08 pm 
Offline
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:38 am
Posts: 1258
Yes it does.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:09 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
madvillain wrote:
Yes it does.

How? Its bulky, discolored, visually complicated, un-sleek and misshapen.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:31 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
I remember only a few months ago, when we were worried about the marketplace getting flooded with two different versions of Quicksilver on film and The Flash on TV. Based on how things are shaping up, it looks like that crisis is safely averted.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:02 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I remember only a few months ago, when we were worried about the marketplace getting flooded with two different versions of Quicksilver on film and The Flash on TV. Based on how things are shaping up, it looks like that crisis is safely averted.


it was averted when fox showed them on the empire magazines


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:49 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
WJK wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I remember only a few months ago, when we were worried about the marketplace getting flooded with two different versions of Quicksilver on film and The Flash on TV. Based on how things are shaping up, it looks like that crisis is safely averted.


it was averted when fox showed them on the empire magazines

Truth. Plus, the trailers for DOFP have shown a noticeable lack of Quicksilver. Just saying.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:18 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
NiteOwl wrote:
madvillain wrote:
Yes it does.

How? Its bulky, discolored, visually complicated, un-sleek and misshapen.


I agree, it doesn't look anything like something that someone would be running fast in. I heard a rumour/theory that the Flash's costume will evolve like Arrow's has though.

DOFP Quicksilver has the same issue. a Leather Jacket? Seriously?

A:AOU Quicksilver looks like he's wearing something that a runner would wear, Lycra top, Lycra trousers, and running shoes...

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:45 pm 
Offline
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:38 am
Posts: 1258
What they're wearing is negligible when they're running that fast. They aren't affected by resistance. They're fucking comic book characters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:27 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
madvillain wrote:
What they're wearing is negligible when they're running that fast. They aren't affected by resistance. They're fucking comic book characters.

You always sound like you hate comics. Its really hard to even take your opinion seriously when you think so little of comic book characters to begin with.
Weren't you the one who even said Spider-man was "supposed to look stupid"? Such contempt. Geez.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:43 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
NiteOwl wrote:
madvillain wrote:
What they're wearing is negligible when they're running that fast. They aren't affected by resistance. They're fucking comic book characters.

You always sound like you hate comics. Its really hard to even take your opinion seriously when you think so little of comic book characters to begin with.
Weren't you the one who even said Spider-man was "supposed to look stupid"? Such contempt. Geez.

I don't know. From certain posts, it feels like madvillain understands comic books more than anyone. Aren't you the one who hates the black leather Singer X-men costumes and wishes they would embrace their comic book flamboyancy?

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.114s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]