Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:33 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

New Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym3LB0lOJ0o
Quote:
GONE GIRL – directed by David Fincher and based upon the global bestseller by Gillian Flynn – unearths the secrets at the heart of a modern marriage. On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) reports that his beautiful wife, Amy (Rosamund Pike), has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick’s portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have everyone asking the same dark question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:49 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

The book is one of the best novels I've read in a while, and I don't think it'll be an easy adaptation, but Fincher and co. seem to have gotten it right so far. I'm very excited for this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

TheMovieDude wrote:
The book is one of the best novels I've read in a while, and I don't think it'll be an easy adaptation, but Fincher and co. seem to have gotten it right so far. I'm very excited for this.

I'm thinking of reading the book, partially because I accidentally read a major spoiler, which basically killed my excitement for the movie, do you think reading the book would reinvigorate me?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

TheMovieDude wrote:

I'm thinking of reading the book, partially because I accidentally read a major spoiler, which basically killed my excitement for the movie, do you think reading the book would reinvigorate me?

I'm not sure. If you didn't like the twist of the book, I'm not sure if you'd like it. Of course, like many twists or spoilers, it's not just about them in themselves, but their context.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:46 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

I'm not sure. If you didn't like the twist of the book, I'm not sure if you'd like it. Of course, like many twists or spoilers, it's not just about them in themselves, but their context.

It's not that I didn't like the twist, it's just that I think I would have preferred to find out the twist at the proper time, in the book or the movie, rather than accidentally reading it in an article :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:02 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

TheMovieDude wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

It's not that I didn't like the twist, it's just that I think I would have preferred to find out the twist at the proper time, in the book or the movie, rather than accidentally reading it in an article :D

:) I think you will enjoy it regardless. Things get quite nasty and interesting in the story.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:07 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

:) I think you will enjoy it regardless. Things get quite nasty and interesting in the story.

Cool, :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:11 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Saw the movie.

If I look through the incredible cast and the phenomenal direction, there are moments when I can see a trashy paperback story peeking through. Still, definitely worth a watch.

If anyone out there has read the book, could you please confirm or deny my suspicions that this is the rare adaptation that's actually better than the book?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:23 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Saw the movie.

If I look through the incredible cast and the phenomenal direction, there are moments when I can see a trashy paperback story peeking through. Still, definitely worth a watch.

If anyone out there has read the book, could you please confirm or deny my suspicions that this is the rare adaptation that's actually better than the book?

I'll deny them. The movie is pretty much as good as the book and near identical story-wise. And for me, the movie is far from just a trashy paperback story peeking through. What was fascinating to see was how Flynn and Fincher adapted the story and its misdirections from one medium to another. The acting and directing are incredibly well guarded in that regard.