WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:43 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Quote:
Speaking of Guillermo del Toro let’s just say he is working on a movie that has the potential to be the greatest movie ever committed to film. Or bytes. I hear that his next epic, PACIFIC RIM is testing so well that Warner Brothers wants to offer him everything they have. Fortunately he passed on the feature version of V and the sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but he does want to do his own version of the Avengers, just supernaturally. Called HEAVEN SENT he is combining all the magical beings from DC Comics in one epic adventure. Deadman, The Spectre, Swamp Thing, Constantine Hellblazer, Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Zatara, and Sargon as well as Etrigan the Demon will team up to no doubt save us from the Stay Puft Marshmallow man. Now this one is a ways away, but Warner’s lawyers have been working every night trying to clear the rights to all these characters. I am excited. Imagine a giant inflatable Spectre floating over San Diego ComiCon like we had with the SKY CAPTAIN Robot? Or endless screenings of the film like with SCOTT PILGRIM? Or maybe a building converted into a giant ad like with COWBOYS AND ALIENS? HEAVEN SENT is certain to RULE ComicCon in 2020! Que Bueno!

http://latino-review.com/2012/11/01/exc ... -del-toro/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:49 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Whoa. That sounds like it could be amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:53 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Project862006 wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of Guillermo del Toro let’s just say he is working on a movie that has the potential to be the greatest movie ever committed to film. Or bytes. I hear that his next epic, PACIFIC RIM is testing so well that Warner Brothers wants to offer him everything they have. Fortunately he passed on the feature version of V and the sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but he does want to do his own version of the Avengers, just supernaturally. Called HEAVEN SENT he is combining all the magical beings from DC Comics in one epic adventure. Deadman, The Spectre, Swamp Thing, Constantine Hellblazer, Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Zatara, and Sargon as well as Etrigan the Demon will team up to no doubt save us from the Stay Puft Marshmallow man. Now this one is a ways away, but Warner’s lawyers have been working every night trying to clear the rights to all these characters. I am excited. Imagine a giant inflatable Spectre floating over San Diego ComiCon like we had with the SKY CAPTAIN Robot? Or endless screenings of the film like with SCOTT PILGRIM? Or maybe a building converted into a giant ad like with COWBOYS AND ALIENS? HEAVEN SENT is certain to RULE ComicCon in 2020! Que Bueno!

http://latino-review.com/2012/11/01/exc ... -del-toro/

Wait... The spectre, The Phantom Stranger, AND Etrigan? My money is already gone. My only problem is what kind of foe do you need all these people to take down?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:15 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Wait... The spectre, The Phantom Stranger, AND Etrigan? My money is already gone. My only problem is what kind of foe do you need all these people to take down?

Neron.

In fact, with that many characters, I'm picturing a scenario that focuses on John Constantine seeking the means to defeat Neron or a Neron-type figure. On his search, he ends up encountering all of the above listed characters.

I don't know, maybe I've read too many superhero comics.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:16 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

I'd catch up on reading all of these titles in preparation for the movie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:31 pm 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Del Toro is full of awesome ideas, but I will not get my hopes up until it is actually filming.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:41 pm 

Broken Finger wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

Neron.

In fact, with that many characters, I'm picturing a scenario that focuses on John Constantine seeking the means to defeat Neron or a Neron-type figure. On his search, he ends up encountering all of the above listed characters.

I don't know, maybe I've read too many superhero comics.

It has to be somebody that big, unless they go the Day of Vengeance route and have The Spectre go nuts and because he's so powerful a team gathers to take him down and have this team replace the Shadowpact.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I'll believe it when I see it. This is way too good to be true.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 pm 

Stand aside ye cunts !

Must agree with Curi here, way too good to be true.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:33 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

I'm kind of skeptical seeing as how it would mean DC is actually getting off their duff and figuring out ways to utilize a lot of their amazing properties in live-action film form that aren't named Superman or Batman.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
I'm kind of skeptical seeing as how it would mean DC is actually getting off their duff and figuring out ways to utilize a lot of their amazing properties in live-action film form that aren't named Superman or Batman.

Well, somebody had to do it sometime.

The only thing I find unlikely from this effort is the amount of characters, there's no way they can budge all of that into a single movie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:35 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

feliciano182 wrote:
Stand aside ye cunts !

Must agree with Curi here, way too good to be true.

Paul Bettany as Constantine :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:13 am 

That picture makes Bettany look like he's actively trying to be the perfect Constantine, :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 am 

That picture makes Bettany look like he's actively trying to be the perfect Constantine, :lol:

Indeed :lol:, very nice find Project !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

Well, somebody had to do it sometime.

The only thing I find unlikely from this effort is the amount of characters, there's no way they can budge all of that into a single movie.

Especially considering that it would likely require origin stories for all involved; and one film isn't going to be enough to do it. I just don't see DC putting the time and effort of trying to make films for all of these characters.

Realistically, this isn't going to happen. The best case scenario is that the film gets reduced to being simply a Constantine film with maybe a couple of these characters making guest appearances. But this all depends highly on whether or not Pacific Rim becomes a blockbuster success for Warner Bros. And since I'm a cynical bastard, I don't think it will. People have this tendency to not support anything that's cool or awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:57 pm 
Tired of Earth.

if it's marketed right, anything will make bank.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:59 pm 

WJK wrote:
if it's marketed right, anything will make bank.

That's a little naive, don't ya think?

WB can throw as much money as they want into marketing this film to the public, there's still no guarantee that they'll take to it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:34 pm 

Del Toro is way too ambitious, possibly for his own good, but it all rests on how well Pacific Rim does. if it makes big bucks, Toro can so whatever project he wants, if it barely breaks even, We'll probably get Hellboy 3 at the very least.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:42 pm 

Del Toro is way too ambitious, possibly for his own good, but it all rests on how well Pacific Rim does. if it makes big bucks, Toro can so whatever project he wants, if it barely breaks even, We'll probably get Hellboy 3 at the very least.

Basically, Del Toro needs to make Christopher Nolan type cash. Because that's the only way Heaven Sent gets made without any complications.

So basically, it probably won't happen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:07 pm 

SKAOREO ! DESTROYER OF DREAMS !

Hope at least a decent Hellblazer movie will be made within my lifetime :cry: