WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:04 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

feliciano182 wrote:
Seems like pissing from the balcony was pretty much the big period to his arc :lol:

I have a gut feeling he's going to commit suicide. His life's goal of bringing Red Crow down has been accomplished... he has no friends and no loved ones... he really has no reason to live, and Nitz is the kind of guy that would admit that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:08 am 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
Seems like pissing from the balcony was pretty much the big period to his arc :lol:

I have a gut feeling he's going to commit suicide. His life's goal of bringing Red Crow down has been accomplished... he has no friends and no loved ones... he really has no reason to live, and Nitz is the kind of guy that would admit that.

I don't know, he doesn't seem like he cares for much except for loyalty, nihilism suits him just fine !

I still think Aaron fucked up his character with the trunk-stabbing thing though, I've never gotten over that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:13 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
I don't know, he doesn't seem like he cares for much except for loyalty.

Exactly, his loyalty to his partners has been fulfilled, he now has no loyalty to anyone... he really has no reason to live.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:18 am 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
I don't know, he doesn't seem like he cares for much except for loyalty.

Exactly, his loyalty to his partners has been fulfilled, he now has no loyalty to anyone... he really has no reason to live.

Well........one can always develop strong loyalty towards cocaine and prostitutes :P !

I just don't see him moping around saying his life is now meaningless, it seems cliché.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:19 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
I just don't see him moping around saying his life is now meaningless, it seems cliché.

Again... EXACTLY! That's why he calls on his only two real friends, Misters Smith and Wessen and bids adieu to his life, no moping going out like a samurai... sort of... kind of... not really... just roll with it...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:22 am 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Again... EXACTLY! That's why he calls on his only two real friends, Misters Smith and Wessen and bids adieu to his life, no moping going out like a samurai... sort of... kind of... not really... just roll with it...

All of a sudden ? could be, could be.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:06 am 

Scalped 58

Best anti-abortion ad ever made :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:02 pm 

Scalped 59

GODDAMNIT JASON AARON !!!! You're such a teasing bitch !

Anyways...

Any guesses on who shot who :) ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:03 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
Scalped 59

GODDAMNIT JASON AARON !!!! You're such a teasing bitch !

Anyways...

Any guesses on who shot who :) ?

Well, Redcrow, Dash, and Cather were all in the stand off... so my guess is Redcrow, Cather, and Dash all get shot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 am 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Well, Redcrow, Dash, and Cather were all in the stand off... so my guess is Redcrow, Cather, and Dash all get shot

You haven't seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly right :lol: ?

Catcher most deffinitely will shoot Red Crow, killing him, Dash most certainly will go for both Red Crow and Catcher.

As for Red Crow.................

THEREIN LIES THE QUESTION !

Does he hate Dash enough to kill him ? After the revelation about Carol I think things have changed considerably.

So, unless Nitz does something crazy that changes the outcome, I think Catcher shoots Red Crow, Red Crow shoots Catcher, and Dash makes sure both don't get a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:13 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:

You haven't seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly right :lol: ?

I have, but I could see aaron just elimnating all three of these characters in one swoop, then have Nitz walk in on the chaos.

feliciano182 wrote:
Catcher most deffinitely will shoot Red Crow, killing him, Dash most certainly will go for both Red Crow and Catcher.

As for Red Crow.................

THEREIN LIES THE QUESTION !

Does he hate Dash enough to kill him ? After the revelation about Carol I think things have changed considerably.

So, unless Nitz does something crazy that changes the outcome, I think Catcher shoots Red Crow, Red Crow shoots Catcher, and Dash makes sure both don't get a chance.

I think this is a feasible solution... I just feel like Dash won't be alive at the end of th ebook, or maybe there will be a sopranos ending where it's up to the reader to decide what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 pm 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I think this is a feasible solution... I just feel like Dash won't be alive at the end of th ebook, or maybe there will be a sopranos ending where it's up to the reader to decide what happened.

I still have no idea why the hell people think the Sopranos ending is about Tony dying / not dying.

ANYWAYS...

Comic book covers have proven to be misleading in the past, but there IS what seems to be an image of Dash with a child ! His own perhaps ? Is Miss Medicine Rock bringing more Bad Horses into the world :lol: ?

Somehow, after everything that has happened, I do see him making it out, he doesn't have the burden of a dead deer shackled around his ankle to not pull himself up and find redemption, he's mother Teresa next to other people in the reservoir, hell, even more so than Dino.

Really man !? "We're getting what we both deserve ?!" MOTHERFUCKER YOU KILLED A COP.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:36 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
I still have no idea why the hell people think the Sopranos ending is about Tony dying / not dying.

Because in a previous episode he and bobby discussed how when a person dies they probably don't hear anything, and then the allusions to a famous scene where a man goes into a bathroom and comes out and shoots a high profile criminal...

feliciano182 wrote:
Comic book covers have proven to be misleading in the past, but there IS what seems to be an image of Dash with a child ! His own perhaps ? Is Miss Medicine Rock bringing more Bad Horses into the world :lol: ?

Somehow, after everything that has happened, I do see him making it out, he doesn't have the burden of a dead deer shackled around his ankle to not pull himself up and find redemption, he's mother Teresa next to other people in the reservoir, hell, even more so than Dino.

Really man !? "We're getting what we both deserve ?!" MOTHERFUCKER YOU KILLED A COP.

I have a feeling we'll have a fantasy scene where dash imagines what his life COULD have been like, right before he passes on.

Also... it's reservation, not reservoir...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:58 pm 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Because in a previous episode he and bobby discussed how when a person dies they probably don't hear anything, and then the allusions to a famous scene where a man goes into a bathroom and comes out and shoots a high profile criminal...

The first thing didn't necessarily tied with Tony dying or living, it was a broad statement about the life they lead, something which Tony maliciously took advantage of by making Bobby kill someone. As for the second scene, yeah sure, The Godfather, but who the hell was going to kill Tony ? He made peace with New York, Phil was dead, the only person "threatening" him was Carlo, and under federal custody there was no way (and no point) in sending an assasin.

I think most Soprano fans were always watching the wrong show, hence why they came to the wrong conclussions.

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I have a feeling we'll have a fantasy scene where dash imagines what his life COULD have been like, right before he passes on.

Also... it's reservation, not reservoir...

Reservorition, because Feliciano !

I don't know, it's not like I can't live with Dash dying, specially with something as cool as him imagining the life he could've had, but this comic needs to end on a good note, these people are treated like utter shit, and at they very least they deserve to have an awesome comic with a hopeful ending.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:11 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:

I don't know, it's not like I can't live with Dash dying, specially with something as cool as him imagining the life he could've had, but this comic needs to end on a good note, these people are treated like utter shit, and at they very least they deserve to have an awesome comic with a hopeful ending.

I have a huge feeling though we won't get an "ending" we're going to get a glimpse that there is a cycle and just because this cast's time is over... nothing ever truly ends

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:47 pm 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I have a huge feeling though we won't get an "ending" we're going to get a glimpse that there is a cycle and just because this cast's time is over... nothing ever truly ends

That could work too ! "As long as things are the way they are, violence and poverty will ravage native american communities until they are completely erased from modern culture".

Kinda makes me feel sad this comic doesn't get the attention it deserves, aside from how awesome a story it is, it's importance is just too great to be noticed only by those who give faith to Vertigo's titles.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 am 

feliciano182 wrote:

Kinda makes me feel sad this comic doesn't get the attention it deserves, aside from how awesome a story it is, it's importance is just too great to be noticed only by those who give faith to Vertigo's titles.

I don't think it's a lack of trust in Vertigo, I think it's more that too many people are just turned off by the concept of a politically conscious comic book that blends real world history with a fictional plot to hold a dark mirror to the way the native American community is treated by the government, in addition to how they treat themselves... which could be seen as worse.

That is a very off putting plot synopsis...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:42 pm 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I don't think it's a lack of trust in Vertigo, I think it's more that too many people are just turned off by the concept of a politically conscious comic book that blends real world history with a fictional plot to hold a dark mirror to the way the native American community is treated by the government, in addition to how they treat themselves... which could be seen as worse.

That is a very off putting plot synopsis...

I don't know, the majority of comic book readers have no idea about incidents like Wounded Knee, or even who Leonard Peltier is, as far as they know, this is as fictional as a story can get. Keeping it real, most of us are white and privileged, so it's not like we would get offended at the depictions shown in the comic, nothing is insulting to anyone in any way, except perhaps to the idea that the US is only a country of white folk.

And yeeeeeaaahhh, this is kind of mean.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:44 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
so it's not like we would get offended at the depictions shown in the comic, nothing is insulting to anyone in any way, except perhaps to the idea that the US is only a country of white folk.

I don't think that there are too many comic readers who actually think America is only a country of white folk... (or really people that are intelligent enough to breath) that think America is only a nation of white folk...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:04 pm 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I don't think that there are too many comic readers who actually think America is only a country of white folk... (or really people that are intelligent enough to breath) that think America is only a nation of white folk...

Maybe not among comic book readers, since apparently they seem to be more liberal, but even them are completely oblivious to what's happening down in the reservations, and many probably couldn't care less.

Hence why this comic, to me, apart from being massively entertaining, is an important read.

Last edited by feliciano182 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next