WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Godziller66 wrote:
lol Was that the response you were looking for?

I guess its a secret, I just think the coat is really bitchin it definitely has that nice waxed look to it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:48 pm 
So impotent.

oh i didn't see your post question i replyed to the "very nice" but yeah i edited my post about the costume.

your coat is awesome! i was lookin at yours on this forum, i actually spoke with the person who made it years ago...but i couldn't afford it : /

Last edited by d00r on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:19 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

d00r wrote:
oh i didn't see your post question i replyed to the "very nice" but yeah i edited my post about the costume.

Thanks for the fix on regard to the pants you wont find any that are going to be purple I suggest finding grey pinstripped pants and dyeing them a wine or purple with a little brown. I posted pics a few pages back on mine. I got my pants at old navy for $50.00 then dyed them wine. They took instantly due to being cotton. If you do buy and dye make sure they are either 60% wool or cotton If they are to synthetic the dye wont stick.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:25 pm 
So impotent.

joshspiderman238 wrote:
d00r wrote:

Thanks for the fix on regard to the pants you wont find any that are going to be purple I suggest finding grey pinstripped pants and dyeing them a wine or purple with a little brown. I posted pics a few pages back on mine. I got my pants at old navy for $50.00 then dyed them wine. They took instantly due to being cotton. If you do buy and dye make sure they are either 60% wool or cotton If they are to synthetic the dye wont stick.

yeah i saw what you did i thought they came out awesome, i was jus gonna wear my brown khakis doing my best to put it together but i dunno i want it to look good. i'll try to do what you did too.

yeah the coat i have is the best i could find but its not a dark brown my hat is darker than the coat which is wrong since the hat is supposed to be lighter than the coat...thats why i didnt want to wear my brown khakis cause there way darker than the coat doesn't look right.
i thought about for a second dying the coat but it would shrink all to hell its already tight on me cause japanese people are smaller. so i'm leavin it as is...i still want the coat you have thats the best Rorschach coat offered that person on here makes.
the magnolia one is cool and all but the collar is way to small and the buttons to close together...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

d00r wrote:
joshspiderman238 wrote:
d00r wrote:

yeah i saw what you did i thought they came out awesome, i was jus gonna wear my brown khakis doing my best to put it together but i dunno i want it to look good. i'll try to do what you did too.

yeah the coat i have is the best i could find but its not a dark brown my hat is darker than the coat which is wrong since the hat is supposed to be lighter than the coat...thats why i didnt want to wear my brown khakis cause there way darker than the coat doesn't look right.

which design of the coat did you buy, Im looking to update my coat, I bought mine from wm and I love it death and everything but Im tall with long ass arms lol. 6"00 190lbs. so the coat which was made was a standard arm length I was able to however unstitch the arm and extend them but the coat doesnt sit well on me. Also for the unhooked epaulet I suggest de-stitching and sliding a metal wire on either side so you can form it . it makes it so no matter what pic you take the epaulet will always look the same.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

also if you wax treat the coat that might darken it abit more.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:06 pm 
So impotent.

yeah my coat only came in S M and L and the large was only an inch longer than the medium and the shoulders are 18 inches, yeah haha. you're a big guy none of there stuff would fit since its made for asian people hehe
the coat was listed as ''military style'' mens trench coat

does it smell after you wax treat it? i'm nervous id just ruin the coat.
yeah i thought about putting wire in that loopy shoulder thing but i dunno...its like im not that happy with the coat to build it up more. ive been thinkin about that part though lately.

oh an i dont know why your upset about the arm length ever notice in photos the coats arms are short? its so the purple suit sleeves peek out a bit, i noticed that how short they were hemmed.
your coat itself is a perfect length too mine feels like a frickin skirt its like a good 6 or more inches above my knee : /

haha i want your coat.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aNk/S ... ostume.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:58 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

d00r wrote:
yeah my coat only came in S M and L and the large was only an inch longer than the medium and the shoulders are 18 inches, yeah haha. you're a big guy none of there stuff would fit since its made for asian people hehe
the coat was listed as ''military style'' mens trench coat

does it smell after you wax treat it? i'm nervous id just ruin the coat.
yeah i thought about putting wire in that loopy shoulder thing but i dunno...its like im not that happy with the coat to build it up more. ive been thinkin about that part though lately.

oh an i dont know why your upset about the arm length ever notice in photos the coats arms are short? its so the purple suit sleeves peek out a bit, i noticed that how short they were hemmed.
your coat itself is a perfect length too mine feels like a frickin skirt its like a good 6 or more inches above my knee : /

haha i want your coat.

Well thanks for the awesome comment, actually when I first made my costume I intended to add the suit underneath but the problem comes into play that suits tends to be to bulky to fit under the coat. so I ended up not being able to wear my suit under.
If your also looking for shoes. Look on either amazon or ebay for brown dress boots. His shoes are kind of weird in some shots Ive seen they are chelseas with round toed and others are chelseas with a squared. The squared would look the best in my opinion. I actually got my coat commissioned by WMrorschach on here. He charges a good amount on the coat alot less then magnolis. I love magnolis coats but its really expensive and some people have been noticing some differences on them.
On my coat he used paint and such to darken the coat and also make it look really grungy, at first it was very stiff due to being painted but I threw it in the dryer alot with a ton of softener and also wearing it makes it less stiff.

For the gloves I bought Coach Brown leather gloves. To me the color is really dead on it even has the 3 stitch line on the back of it.
I got them on ebay for about 40.00

The wax will smell after you first apply it, the best thing to do is to leave it outside to airdry for the night. The plus to that is the actual rorschach coat is waxed treated and I guess so was the hat. Thats why alot of people mistook it for a leather trench when the movie first came out.

Back on the epaulet if you unclip it, it could suffice but if you notice in the movie it aswell is always bent in that same cocked position in every shot.

I saw you on the rpf I also just joined aswell, Ill probably post a bunch of my pics on there later tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 am 
So impotent.

thats an awesome forum i got my buddy on there he makes great costumes like the mad hatter, but i wasn't into that movie much at all...

yeah thats what thought about my coat i dont think i can fit a suit jacket under it i can feel the liner get taut on my back like i could hulk out of it haha

yeah i spoke to him years ago he was gonna make me a coat but i just didn't have the cash, i talked to him on ebay nice guy was willing to make it happen by halloween man i forget when watchmen came out..
magnolis coat is cool but to much for something not exactly spot on his joker coat/clothes are amazing though!

yeah i was looking all over for cheap shoe boots but there so expensive hundreds of dollars : / i founda cheap pair in wallmart but my god there crap and the reviews say they fall apart after one wear...
gloves are pricey to and since its almost summer been a pain in the ass finding a pair anywhere but the internet even thats been kinda hard.
i found an awesome pair of light brown gloves cause my coat is light for 20 bucks but someone bought it now" for 25 i was so pist for waiting out and i missed it..they were perfect and they weren't lined inside which is good so i wouldnt be so damned hot.

you think such simple stuff would be easy to find..

do you have the grapple gun? thats how i found this forum i saw the air gun one someone made on youtube and he posted his gun here but man thats sooo expensive....awesome but way outa my price range : /

the replica one is breakable and mounted to its base i was reading on here thats horrible! i tried haggling with people on ebay selling it for hundreds of dollars none would budge, the thing is crap and theyre not even getting anyone to buy them frustrating..
i got a V for vendetta knife off ebay for under 20 bucks shipped with the box and everything no one budges on that either they want a hunderd of so for frickin resin they can't sell...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 am 
So impotent.

hey buddy check this out http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Burberry-Trenc ... 35a6d94b47

to small?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 am 
Alien Squid Monster

d00r wrote:

Looks a bit off Id have to alter it, almost looks like a duster crossed with the way the back flap is so long

d00r wrote:
thats an awesome forum i got my buddy on there he makes great costumes like the mad hatter, but i wasn't into that movie much at all...

yeah thats what thought about my coat i dont think i can fit a suit jacket under it i can feel the liner get taut on my back like i could hulk out of it haha

yeah i spoke to him years ago he was gonna make me a coat but i just didn't have the cash, i talked to him on ebay nice guy was willing to make it happen by halloween man i forget when watchmen came out..
magnolis coat is cool but to much for something not exactly spot on his joker coat/clothes are amazing though!

yeah i was looking all over for cheap shoe boots but there so expensive hundreds of dollars : / i founda cheap pair in wallmart but my god there crap and the reviews say they fall apart after one wear...
gloves are pricey to and since its almost summer been a pain in the ass finding a pair anywhere but the internet even thats been kinda hard.
i found an awesome pair of light brown gloves cause my coat is light for 20 bucks but someone bought it now" for 25 i was so pist for waiting out and i missed it..they were perfect and they weren't lined inside which is good so i wouldnt be so damned hot.

you think such simple stuff would be easy to find..

do you have the grapple gun? thats how i found this forum i saw the air gun one someone made on youtube and he posted his gun here but man thats sooo expensive....awesome but way outa my price range : /

the replica one is breakable and mounted to its base i was reading on here thats horrible! i tried haggling with people on ebay selling it for hundreds of dollars none would budge, the thing is crap and theyre not even getting anyone to buy them frustrating..
i got a V for vendetta knife off ebay for under 20 bucks shipped with the box and everything no one budges on that either they want a hunderd of so for frickin resin they can't sell...

yeah her grapple gun is really awesome still to expensive for me, I actually hand made mine , Ill be debuting it at this years san diego comic con.

The boots i found were timberland chelseas only costed around 40 on ebay when I got them. it was a nice steal although they were round chelseas not squared toed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:05 am 
So impotent.

yeeeah i was eyeing those timberland ones those were the best i had seen on amazon.
yeah it needs altering cause of the back flap.i think your coat kicks ass way it is.

thats cool i wish i could go to that con i go to the Ny Comic Con but it doesn't compare.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:20 am 
Alien Squid Monster

d00r wrote:
yeeeah i was eyeing those timberland ones those were the best i had seen on amazon.
yeah it needs altering cause of the back flap.i think your coat kicks ass way it is.

thats cool i wish i could go to that con i go to the Ny Comic Con but it doesn't compare.

It will be my first out of state con, heres another item of my costuming work, ill be bringing both with me.
I live in Alaska so when it comes to going to cons I have to save up quite abit to get out of this state, airfare is so expensive.
I present Skullman

The timberlands I think will be best bang for your buck unless you want to pay 80 for shoes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:11 am 
So impotent.

that is fuckin badass! what is that??? that back shot is fuckin awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:29 am 
Alien Squid Monster

d00r wrote:
that is fuckin badass! what is that??? that back shot is fuckin awesome!

Its a series called skullman, its a anime/comic in japan but they made a live action episode for the new one they were making last year. I went ahead and made the costume so I can introduce it into america. Im glad you like it! Ive been working on both Rorschach and this simultaneously.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Figured I'd give you guys another update! Working on color samples atm, my goodness are these new incarnation Grappling Guns sexy for serious. I'm freaking out how brilliant these will look in my portfolio. More photos once I get stuff reassembled. X) Still gotta cast the core, which takes some modification but it'll be fantastic!

Just letting you know I'm still alive and workin' hard. I'd love to sell a few more of these, my pocket needs it. XD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:59 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

joshspiderman238 wrote:
d00r wrote:

It will be my first out of state con, heres another item of my costuming work, ill be bringing both with me.
I live in Alaska so when it comes to going to cons I have to save up quite abit to get out of this state, airfare is so expensive.
I present Skullman

The timberlands I think will be best bang for your buck unless you want to pay 80 for shoes.

Hey, he's what Kamen Rider is based on!

Strike a pose!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:26 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Godziller66 wrote:
joshspiderman238 wrote:
d00r wrote:

I present Skullman

Hey, he's what Kamen Rider is based on!

Strike a pose!

Lol! your correct sir, the series was by the same guy who created kamen rider. Rider costumes have always caught my interest, Im actually in the process of sculpting a kamen rider the next helmet, but Its a slow project Im not figuring on completing it anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:36 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

I'm thinking of just keeping the price of my Grappling Guns at $500. As it stands with the amount of work going into these I'm only getting like 50 cents an hour considering what I've done work-wise on this project since October. XDD At least after all this work and set-up they'll go easier to produce now when I get more orders, turn around time should be much much shorter. Seriously though, I'm so excited. I just poured the first half of the mold for the core after a lot of cleaning up of the piece. Still have a few more adjustments to make but maaan. Final assembly should start this week coming up. I'll have photos soon, but man. I'm amazed by these materials, they're so delicious. I'm really proud of this product, it looks like a licensed toy that was never produced. :D PERSONALLY, I think I make the best grappling gun prop out there. ;)

My dad who has been guiding me through the process said that the work I've been doing here is good enough to see in a Disney Store- (His words, IDK why the Disney Store would be carrying a Watchmen prop. ;D ) considering he's a professional prototype crafter and sculptor for over thirty years working for Tyco and Mattel and Hasbro and Matchbox I've been taught very well. :D I'm just excited to have this project in my portfolio! I hope it leads to more professional prop-making gigs.

Truthfully I probably bought all my materials at the same store they probably bought the materials to craft the original prop if it was made out of LA. ;) It's the best source of this stuff in the country anyway!

I'm dyyyying to show new photos but trade secrets and all that. XC Hopefully this week!

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:34 am 
Minuteman

Bilious wrote:
:D PERSONALLY, I think I make the best grappling gun prop out there.

I think you're the only person that I know of (and trust me I scowered the Internet), that's making these. Nonetheless, I would say also the best replica piece around too for something this intricate. I feel bad for anyone that can't drop the cash for one of these. I honestly look at the pics everyday and can't wait to get it.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Do you want reference pics in costume with the gun for your portfolio?

Sean

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next