WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:04 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Location: The Gemini sector, tooling around the space lanes of the frontier.
As it turns out, I do have a Rorschach costume planned. However, the first (and, to me, the most integral) piece is going to be the hardest to find: the hat. I have such impossible standards when it comes to the fedora, that I may end up having to make my own (if I could ever find the TIME! lordy). Once I get that portion out of the way, I have several ideas as to where to pick up the rest of the items for that costume. I figure that, with Rorschach, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Present company excluded, I don't want mine to look like some of the ones I've seen on the internet.

I've seen some god-awful attempts, and I just won't be that guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:33 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Sun-chained-in-ink wrote:
As it turns out, I do have a Rorschach costume planned. However, the first (and, to me, the most integral) piece is going to be the hardest to find: the hat. I have such impossible standards when it comes to the fedora, that I may end up having to make my own (if I could ever find the TIME! lordy). Once I get that portion out of the way, I have several ideas as to where to pick up the rest of the items for that costume. I figure that, with Rorschach, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Present company excluded, I don't want mine to look like some of the ones I've seen on the internet.

I've seen some god-awful attempts, and I just won't be that guy.

Yeah. I want my boyfriend to cosplay Rorschach at some point but I don't want it to look horrible. LOL. Of course he is kind of short on money so I'm not sure what he'd be able to pull off.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:15 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Raine Summerfly wrote:
Yeah. I want my boyfriend to cosplay Rorschach at some point but I don't want it to look horrible. LOL. Of course he is kind of short on money so I'm not sure what he'd be able to pull off.

I think the whole thing could be done for under 150$, if he made his own hat (which isn't as hard as it sounds). Most purple pinstripe suits can be found at thrift stores because we're the only people who want them ... that and pimps :lol:, and making your own hat would probably only run about 50 bucks or so (if you didn't screw it up in the first 5 attempts). I suppose it just depends on how detail oriented you are. I'd settle for a close-enough trench coat, but I would not compromise on the mask or hat at all, even in the slightest degree. Those two would have to be perfect for me to even have a fantasy about putting them on and wearing them in public.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:32 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

There's some cool Watchmen costumes on g4tv's comic-con watch....

http://g4tv.com/images/2817/Comic-Con-0 ... uys/49639/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:17 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

This one is disturbingly awesome/awesomely disturbing:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:41 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I kind of want to go as genderswapped!purplesuit!Adrian for Halloween this year which would mean purple tailored jacket with shoulderpads, because that is so something a businesswoman in the 80s would wear, along with a black pencil skirt and at least three-inch heels.

Oh, and I'd model my hair on this woman's:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:10 pm 
Minuteman

idk if this counts but *ahem* my girlfriend took it upon herself to make perhaps the best silk spectre costume yet, um, sad to say no one besides me has seen it, but what can I say, after she saw the poster of silk spectre on my wall she got a lil jealous and decided to change my mind… she sure filled it in!!! I made a nite owl costume but for entirely other reasons, cause my friends and I are hosting a viewing party of watchmen and we the hosts, are dressed as watchmen!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm 
Minuteman

I'm working on a Bubastis quadsuit. The link to follow updates is in my sig. Nothing yet, but going to be carving foam this weekend.

Also, Ozy costume for a friend to match.

Bubastis Quadsuit progress ---> http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3323

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:10 pm 
Minuteman

seems alot of people like to cosplay adrian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:04 pm 
Crimebuster

[NOTE: Merged. --"Curiosity Inc."]

I'm doing these cosplays for Anime North 2010 and Comic Con 2011. :) I'm going to be doing them with Thatgirl. AKA The Bubastis Quad Suit lady.

She's going to be doing My Ozy suit, (I'm commitioning it.) so no problems there.

BUT I do have some issue's with my SSII costume, as I am not exactly super model skinny. (Wouldn't say I'm fat either, but you get the picture.) So I'm trying to think of ways to look a wee bit skinnier in the outfit. I'm going to assume that most people here know what Lauries comic book outfit looks like, so I feel comfortable in asking you this. Is there anything you think I could do with the outfit without really comprimiseing the design that could make me look slightly skinnier?

Also, what sort of material do you think her outer more see through layer is made out of, is it a sort of meshy type material or something more plastic-y like on her prototype figure?

Sorry about all the questions guys, just asking for an honest opinion here.

P.s - http://pics.livejournal.com/gothic_tamp ... /0005tftk/ <== Thats me. (Just to get an idea of what size I am.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:24 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

One thing you could try is to make the costume layered so you have opaque yellow pouffy sleeves underneath the black under garments and yellow see-through over garment. Wearing a corset underneath might help too- my one friend is about your weight and she did a really hot cosplay once just utilizing her hour-glass when she had something to flatten out her middle a little. X)

P.S. With hair like that you'd rock a tank girl cosplay.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:04 am 
Minuteman

tank girl rocks, plus, my girlfriend is a lil more curvatious than akerman, so hiroshima lover, i can pass along a few tips, cause if she pulled off SSII perfectly im sure you can too :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:10 pm 
Crimebuster

Bilious wrote:
One thing you could try is to make the costume layered so you have opaque yellow pouffy sleeves underneath the black under garments and yellow see-through over garment. Wearing a corset underneath might help too- my one friend is about your weight and she did a really hot cosplay once just utilizing her hour-glass when she had something to flatten out her middle a little. X)

P.S. With hair like that you'd rock a tank girl cosplay.

Thank you very much hon. :)

P.s. Actaully thinking of doing a Delirium (sp?) cosplay once I dye my hair again. :D
TheQuietKidd wrote:
tank girl rocks, plus, my girlfriend is a lil more curvatious than akerman, so hiroshima lover, i can pass along a few tips, cause if she pulled off SSII perfectly im sure you can too :)

Okay, thank you very much man! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:07 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Hiroshima Lover wrote:
Is there anything you think I could do with the outfit without really compromising the design that could make me look slightly skinnier?

You could use a black girdle. It would go well with the outfit, I think.

Hiroshima Lover wrote:
Also, what sort of material do you think her outer more see through layer is made out of, is it a sort of meshy type material or something more plastic-y like on her prototype figure?

I think it's a mesh. That'd be my personal opinion after looking at it closely.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:37 am 
Crimebuster

Sun-chained-in-ink wrote:
Hiroshima Lover wrote:
Is there anything you think I could do with the outfit without really compromising the design that could make me look slightly skinnier?

You could use a black girdle. It would go well with the outfit, I think.

Hiroshima Lover wrote:

I think it's a mesh. That'd be my personal opinion after looking at it closely.

1) *Nods* And a black girdle wouldn't be too noticeable since the main part is black...may go up a bit high and be noticed though...

2) Yeah, I was thinking that too, mianly cause the costumes are spposed to be kinda "Home made" looking, so mesh would probably be more available than plastic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:18 am 
Minuteman

my nite owl costume was full on movie style! ieven used pvc to make it look like a solid metal like it did in the movie.
My gf's silk spectre costum looked exact! no detail had been overlooked, same for all my friends' costumes, they made it look realistic as hell! but... not to be a glory hog but my suit was so detailed and excruciatingly exact, i couldnt tell it apart form having th real movie prop/costume in my room! so dont back down from the challenge of making it so close you have a bit of clonage going on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:12 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

TheQuietKidd wrote:
my nite owl costume was full on movie style! ieven used pvc to make it look like a solid metal like it did in the movie.
My gf's silk spectre costum looked exact! no detail had been overlooked, same for all my friends' costumes, they made it look realistic as hell! but... not to be a glory hog but my suit was so detailed and excruciatingly exact, i couldnt tell it apart form having th real movie prop/costume in my room! so dont back down from the challenge of making it so close you have a bit of clonage going on.

Photos or it didn't happen!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:29 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

it did i was so fucking jealous! and the fact his smmmmokin hot girlfriend was silk spectre didnt help matters!!! i met them at a cosplay thing in ny.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:01 pm 
Minuteman

Bilious wrote:
TheQuietKidd wrote:

I second this.

You can't just come in here and be like "Yea, it's like having the real movie prop".

PICTURES MAN!

Bubastis Quadsuit progress ---> http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3323

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:13 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

ThatGirl wrote:
Bilious wrote:
TheQuietKidd wrote:

I second this.

You can't just come in here and be like "Yea, it's like having the real movie prop".

PICTURES MAN!

even though i was witness to this awesome suit...
no one else was... so prove it to the masses.
and if you look back and whisper "no" i will break your little fingers.
i know you got pics cause i took em!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next