WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:48 pm 
Crimebuster

Quote:
I must concur with you, sir. Besides, the DC Direct version looks clean and so light colored, and doesn't really have the dark personality 'feel' to it. So, I have good faith that Hot Toys wouldn't disappoint with this Rorschach action figure they're making right now, as you've said, the trench coat really does have the dirt and grime and crusts on it, as if it's been frequently stored in the dumpster. Especially the pants, too. And that, is truly what Rorschach IS.

However, I think Hot Toys can do well with a rusty and bloody cleaver to go along with it though.

yes..the realistic sensibility was always Hot Toys main aim that differs it from the rest...especially DCD... have you look their new 300's Leonidas??? Now that's what i call...i dunnot know what to call it anymore...since it was a figure that can be move, but the articulation itself? invisible.

hoping if the comedian body type can be made like this... :cry:

rusty n bloody cleaver, Veidt's hairspray, grappling gun, the journal... (imagine that man...) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:59 pm 
Crimebuster

Comedian Carl wrote:
Not sure if Ozy and the Doc will be made, but Hot Toys is for sure in development on:

Silk Spectre II (going to be released next week, Sold Out)
The Comedian (announced and up for pre-order at Sideshow Collectibles)
Rorschach (official announcement soon)
Nite Owl II (in prototyping)

Are you serious??? Nite Owl??? Man, i bought him alright... pair him with his ol buddie Rorschach...hell, think about the details of his suit...now that's some challange there...

but if they make the four of them seems there's no reason for them to not make there rest of the guys...seeing how it's not gonna be a big problem tackling the last two, since the hardest one (Owl Guy) is on the progress...

any picture or news links Carl???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:26 pm 
I DID IT!

Ashinova wrote:
Comedian Carl wrote:
Not sure if Ozy and the Doc will be made, but Hot Toys is for sure in development on:

Silk Spectre II (going to be released next week, Sold Out)
The Comedian (announced and up for pre-order at Sideshow Collectibles)
Rorschach (official announcement soon)
Nite Owl II (in prototyping)

Are you serious??? Nite Owl??? Man, i bought him alright... pair him with his ol buddie Rorschach...hell, think about the details of his suit...now that's some challange there...

but if they make the four of them seems there's no reason for them to not make there rest of the guys...seeing how it's not gonna be a big problem tackling the last two, since the hardest one (Owl Guy) is on the progress...

any picture or news links Carl???

No pictures of Nite Owl II yet. Don't know how far along he is in development.

Also that pic of the Rorschach head sculpt in this thread is actually Andy Bergholtz's raw Kovacs sculpt that was used for the DC Direct 1:6 figure that's already out (it was just hampered by crappy production paint). Hot Toys' will be direct, and presumably much better.

My personal interwebz:
Facebook (regular Carl™)
Twitter (caffeinated Carl™)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:14 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Ashinova wrote:

yes..the realistic sensibility was always Hot Toys main aim that differs it from the rest...especially DCD... have you look their new 300's Leonidas??? Now that's what i call...i dunnot know what to call it anymore...since it was a figure that can be move, but the articulation itself? invisible.

hoping if the comedian body type can be made like this... :cry:

rusty n bloody cleaver, Veidt's hairspray, grappling gun, the journal... (imagine that man...) :mrgreen:

Good articulation, hairspray, matches and journal, why haven't I thought of these before? Rats.... I think a small pencil would go well with the action figure too, don't you think so too, sir?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:16 pm 
Crimebuster

Comedian Carl wrote:

Also that pic of the Rorschach head sculpt in this thread is actually Andy Bergholtz's raw Kovacs sculpt that was used for the DC Direct 1:6 figure that's already out (it was just hampered by crappy production paint). Hot Toys' will be direct, and presumably much better.

Ah i knew it...i wasn't sure with the pictures when it first posted because it looks similar of DCD sculpt..poor Andy, at least you've done your job well, capturing Haley perfectly... :|

thx for the confirmation...we'll see how Hot Toys beat this one out...hehehe...

Goldschach wrote:
Good articulation, hairspray, matches and journal, why haven't I thought of these before? Rats.... I think a small pencil would go well with the action figure too, don't you think so too, sir?

PENCIL. Right. a little rubber band for the journal and pencil would be a nice touch too... holy rightly done man...

better save our money cause i guess, this will be the most wanted Watchmen figure line... 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:58 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Ashinova wrote:
PENCIL. Right. a little rubber band for the journal and pencil would be a nice touch too... holy rightly done man...

better save our money cause i guess, this will be the most wanted Watchmen figure line... 8-)

Yes, and I guess it's high time I should too. Can't wait to see how this turns out, and I hope the Rorschach action figure has it's "Prophet of Doom" outfit and "The End is Nigh" signboard available.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:07 am 
Vigilante

If I bought this, it'd be the first little action figure I've ever bought. I am tempted. Just thinking of what excuses I can come up with for buying it/having it on the side.

Any idea price wise?

What the hand, dare seize the fire?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:45 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Alea iacta est wrote:
If I bought this, it'd be the first little action figure I've ever bought.

What constitutes as a large action figure? I've always considered one foot tall figures to be big.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:51 am 
Vigilante

Godziller66 wrote:
Alea iacta est wrote:
If I bought this, it'd be the first little action figure I've ever bought.

What constitutes as a large action figure? I've always considered one foot tall figures to be big.

No idea, I think I meant any action figure in general, I tend to think of them as all being quite tiny (just made that word up). Rest assured I don't own a life size Rorschach.

What the hand, dare seize the fire?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:08 pm 
Crimebuster

Alea iacta est wrote:
If I bought this, it'd be the first little action figure I've ever bought. I am tempted. Just thinking of what excuses I can come up with for buying it/having it on the side.

Any idea price wise?

it's about 150$ at least...but if what Goldschach wants additional (suits and the end is nigh board included)...it goes 200$ i guess... but don't worry, save your money cause maybe it will come out around mid 2010...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:19 am 
Alien Squid Monster

It's not a problem for me, if I can save up to about $200 when there are additional items such as the 'Prophet of Doom' tweed suit and the sandwich board are being thrown in along with the figure. Heh, I also can imagine if the grappling gun can be a workable one, as in the hook can be taken out with a length of line, however I'm in doubt on whether they will take that into consideration of the cost as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:31 am 
Alien Squid Monster

This might have been already answered, but have they released this yet? And if not, when?

And will they be releasing toys of Manhattan, Ozy, and NO II since they just showcased Comedian and SS II?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:24 pm 

minuto27 wrote:
This might have been already answered, but have they released this yet? And if not, when?

And will they be releasing toys of Manhattan, Ozy, and NO II since they just showcased Comedian and SS II?

I googled it and I couldn't find anything new.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm 
The Watcher

Godziller66 wrote:
minuto27 wrote:

I wonder if there was any news on this topic if it would appear on the main site? Oh wait, you don't use the main site.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm 

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
minuto27 wrote:

I wonder if there was any news on this topic if it would appear on the main site? Oh wait, you don't use the main site.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 pm 
Tired of Earth.

DDC definitely owned you, whoever asked the question about the dolls.

+1 for me for checking the main page every day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 pm 

WJK wrote:
DDC definitely owned you, whoever asked the question about the dolls.

+1 for me for checking the main page every day.

Actually, he owned me when he should have owned minuto.

Because he's the one who asked.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:43 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

DoomsdayClock wrote:

Fine, I didn't look at the main site. There's no need to be condescending.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 pm 
A brother to dragons.

minuto27 wrote:

Au contraire.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:09 pm 
The Watcher

minuto27 wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:

Not being condescending. I just amazes me that on a forum for a Web site that reports all the latest Watchmen news, people are asking about where they can find the latest Watchmen news. :shock:

My snarky comment was aimed at Godziller who has been clear on this forum that he does not visit the main site not at you minuto. However, minuto, it wouldn't hurt to check the main site first. If you don't find any news there it either just broke today or yesterday and I haven't posted yet, it's crap hearsay or a non-story, or there's no new news.

If it just broke, and it's awesome news, feel free to post it on this forum, but also email me at hurm@watchmencomicmovie.com and send me the link(s). Help here is much appreciated.

I do this site for you guys, so, please, use it. I know the news updates are rare nowadays, but there's little Watchmen news to report.

But back to the Hot Toys news, for the record...

http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/060209-watchmen-hot-toys-silk-spectre-action-figure.php
http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/072809-watchmen-hot-toys-comedian-action-figure.php
http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/120509-watchmen-hot-toys-comedian-action-figure.php

There is a search box on the top left of the main site that will search every article and page, including the forum of the site as well.

I am in direct contact with Hot Toy's publicity department and as soon as there is news or photos of of any new figures I will post it the same day, I promise.

New York Toy Fair is on Valentine's Day weekend. My guess is Hot Toys will likely debut a new figure there - I will try to find out for sure.