WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:26 am 
So impotent.

what can i do i love the watchmen comics,imo its the bible of comics ever- story art everything about it .

when the movie was released i was realy dissapointed that again (like in the xmen movies) they dont wear super hero clothing but some kind of super hi-tech suits ....

the movie was very good ,but the toys werent .

here in slovakia we dont realy get all the stuff on time ,half a year ago in my weekly visit to the toy store i saw a "silver surfer " figure from the marvel universe series .i'm not a big silver surfer fanboy but the minute i saw it- it screamed -dr menhattan.

then my thick head started working and i decided that i'll try to make al lthe watchmen characters from the marvel universe line .

some time to scavenge and to buy the figs(took me 3 months to find a black widow on ebay for a sane price and shipping ),after a while that I gathered all the figs , i started working on the desings and color scheme .....

I tried all the paints i could - enamel doenst glue on the pvc plastic that the marvel universe figures are made from .tamiya acrylics do cling but not as good as i'de want them to , then my salvation came in the jin saotome post about the bulldog adhesion promoter and the P3 paints .

I ordered me some p3 paints -when they arrived i started working on the figures again .

in the last week all i was doing was building the accesories and the clothing for those figure , a whole week dedicated to watchmen :)

I decided that those will real action figures not just repaints or remoding of other figures,i wanted them to b something that i would definetly buy if i saw them in the store , that meant accesories ..lots of them and gimmicks .

so here is my weeks labor of love presented ( i'll post oz tomorrow cause there are some issues with him :)

THE COMEDIAN

base of figure - punisher

sculpted a mustache/scar/shirt/both shoulder shields/gloves/knee pads/boot straps/smiley/arms

added a gun holster/belt(ammo )/shoulder pad from a maverick figure

accesories :

rifles - M16 from black widow / AK 47 -from maverick

knife - from indiana jones -mutt williams

SILK SPECTRE

base - black widow

sculpted new hair with silk's ears / the whole "sexy/slutty" oufit- she was my first fabric sculpting project :),neck band + skull/ earings

i trimmed the shoes to make heeled shoes and sculpted the "shoe"

accesories - a nostalgia bottle ( couldnt find any other ideas for more accesories for her-if u got any please share )

NITE OWL

base -black panther (same mold as punisher -different head )

head - movie sabertooth (victor creed) trimmed the sideburns and sculpted the ,ask around it

sculpted -boots/utility belt+pouches/ underwear ???/cape

googels - cut pieces of q-tip - dropped a drop of black enamel paint to make the lens .

aceesories - will b added soon

RORSCHACH

base - movie wolverine

head - black panther modded

coat- movie victor creed

sculpted- the scarf /coat's collar /hat

accesories - grapling gun (not movie nor comics acurate )- made from punishers rifle - 3 twist ties in a q-tip to make the anchor + hat

alternate head - dc universe lex luthor -added the bruise and the band aid on the forehead

DR MANHATTAN

base - silver surfer

gimicks - glow in the dark/uv radiated body

OZYMANDIAS-pics tomorrow

base - maverick

head maverick head heavily modified-sculpted new hair and head band

sculpted - toga / cape/shoes/ collar

accesories - bubastis - made from a 2007 schleich lioness figure - sculpted the ears and side burns

couldnt make the pic on photobucket smaller so i'm just attaching a link to photobucket
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d8/bellyboy79/repaints%20and%20kitbashes/watchmen/

C&C please thats the only way i can improve myself

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:40 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

2 things

1) welcome to the forum, it's always nice to see new people, and we've had 2 in the last couple of weeks including you! that's good going, for over a year after the movie.

2) those custom figures sound really good, and once photobucket loads i'll beable to see.

just loaded, and those are pretty good! Bubastis one is excellent! rorschach silk spectre and dr m (so cool that you got glow in the dark paint!) are probably the better human ones, not to say that the others are bad though, the comedian's body is really good, but his head looks slightly too big, and slightly the wrong colour, and nite owl's body and head are great but his cape is kind of weird. maybe if you made it out of fabric it might hang better.

but still, it's amazing work, and much better than i could do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm 
So impotent.

tnx mate
comedian's head is the original punisher head modifies abit ..
color was changed to the normal body color , i somehow over looked it

nite owl-i hate mixed media - if the figure is plastic stay with plastic :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:07 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

bellyboy wrote:
tnx mate
comedian's head is the original punisher head modifies abit ..
color was changed to the normal body color , i somehow over looked it

nite owl-i hate mixed media - if the figure is plastic stay with plastic :)

fair enough. it might look better if it hung straight down as opposed to flaring out though
as you can see it hangs, not sure how you'd achive that with plastic though.