WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sally Jupiter Costume
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:53 am 
Crimebuster

At the end of each university year each college has a thing called extrav (giant fancy dress/themed party/ball/piss-up) My college is Bowland...the theme the battle of bowland. Originally I was going to go as a cowgirl or pirate but loads of people are doing that along with toy soldiers/army etc. So i thought a vigillante costume would be good, a bit different to going as a generic super-hero anyway.

I'm going as Sally, I've got a lot of bits for the costume like the corset, glove, stockings etc. but was wondering if anyone had any advice on making the yellow dress? Or any advice for the costume in general I do not wish to buy one off ebay/internet! haha

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:43 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

AceLucky wrote:
but was wondering if anyone had any advice on making the yellow dress?

When you get the fabric to make the dress, make sure it's this color. Just in case you didn't know what yellow was.

Someone'll probably be along with real advice shortly.

Edit:

AceLucky wrote:
I do not wish to buy one off ebay/internet! haha

It's ironic you say that considering that the official costume is the only one they produced that doesn't appear to look completely terrible.

But yeah, I don't have any good advice. Too bad my Mom doesn't frequent this forum.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:44 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Ahahaha oh man I didn't even realize there WAS a licensed Sally Jupiter costume!! >_> Really tempted to get one just to have.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:37 am 
Crimebuster

Godziller66 wrote:
AceLucky wrote:

When you get the fabric to make the dress, make sure it's this color. Just in case you didn't know what yellow was.

Edit:

AceLucky wrote:

It's ironic you say that considering that the official costume is the only one they produced that doesn't appear to look completely terrible.

But yeah, I don't have any good advice. Too bad my Mom doesn't frequent this forum.

:P Thanks for that, the official one is actually pretty good, I did find others that people had made, I think it was more I prefer to make my own than buy costumes as they're more personal. And yes I can see why you'd say it was ironic that I said that, I suppose you are right :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:06 pm 
Crimebuster

Godziller66 wrote:
AceLucky wrote:

Edit:

AceLucky wrote:

She's right.
The most important part is the color. ;)
You need it dark but not dirty :roll: (hell as important) elastic, and see-through. :oops:
I do a little bit of sewing myself, so trust me :)

If you mess the colour up everything is useless.
As for the underdress, visit a sexshop....seriously....they have the best underwear there.

As you can see this is a seperate part of the dress in the movie, it should be on you too.

(it is extreamly important to have a functional corset that will hurt as hell but you can't look good without it, you'll be fat even if you are not)....
You'll also wanna buy the stockings and that other thing that I dunno how to say in english...in the same place....don't go visiting plain shops, they're for little catholic schoolgirls :roll:

The yellow stuff is, as you see hell as simple. :D ;)
You cut up a collar and a false corset(all elastic and tight) ;) of the same material, and sew the yellow fabric on (use a machine please :P)the two of them, try and find the fitting thread.
Smaller edges at the neck bigger on the waist....
And for the skirt, make the hips-hole a little bigger than what fitts you....that's how you'll get the wavy effect.

AND DON'T BUY IT FINISHED ONLINE PLEASEE!!!!

It will make you look cheap.
And silly.Probably fat too -.-
By the way, I'm totally wearing this on my prom night, only with a longer skirt:)
Oh, and buy some mean high-heels....but be careful with the sock(insole for the shue), you'll need to wear that all night, and not feel pain....if the shoes are expensive, that shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck!
Good choice
:)

P.S.If you think this is too much for you, get sb to do it for you.Sb from the burbs.
Better than buying online trust me :)

Fire, walk with me