WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
Smutty wrote:
Don't you have any comic specialty stores in your local area?

I really don't believe so. I think there are maybe a couple like 20 minutes away but I never really go there unless my family goes too so probably not. My town is a small town, only about 30k and filled with fast food restraunts and walmarts and shit. Very crappy town lol

Have a look on google maps to be sure, it's always good to support the LCS.
However, if it just proves too hard to find a store that stocks comics weekly, here's your new messiah: http://www.dcbservice.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Smutty wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Smutty wrote:

I really don't believe so. I think there are maybe a couple like 20 minutes away but I never really go there unless my family goes too so probably not. My town is a small town, only about 30k and filled with fast food restraunts and walmarts and shit. Very crappy town lol

However, if it just proves too hard to find a store that stocks comics weekly, here's your new messiah: http://www.dcbservice.com/

I actually just checked google maps and as it turns out there are a couple of comic book stores near my town. Thanks for suggesting that. When they come out i'll be sure to call them before I go.

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
Smutty wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Smutty wrote:

I actually just checked google maps and as it turns out there are a couple of comic book stores near my town. Thanks for suggesting that. When they come out i'll be sure to call them before I go.

Some comic stores only order in enough stuff for their clientelle's pull lists, so it might even be worth going in three months in advance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:24 pm 
Tired of Earth.

oh boy, a new person!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

WJK wrote:
oh boy, a new person!

I'm guessing that's a good thing? :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
WJK wrote:
oh boy, a new person!

Yeah, the last real person to come on the forum got chewed out on day one, and since then we've had a few older members return, with the announcement of the prequels, and a few spambots. Real people are good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:57 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

WJK wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
WJK wrote:
oh boy, a new person!

Yeah, the last real person to come on the forum got chewed out on day one, and since then we've had a few older members return, with the announcement of the prequels, and a few spambots. Real people are good.

That's not good to hear. Hopefully I can stay here for awhile and chillax lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I agree that real people are great, and it's been a long time since we had someone come by who was so enthusiastic about discussing the graphic novel.

All the same, I admit I really like spambots. Most forum problems -- arguments, thread splits, etc. -- require a certain amount of finesse and discretion to deal with or it all goes to shit immediately. With spambots, I can just up and crush them under the might of my banhammer with absolutely no consequences. It's quite refreshing, actually.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:44 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Nemesis x88 wrote:
WJK wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
WJK wrote:
oh boy, a new person!

please do, I think the last new person didn't get our collective sense of humour and was a bit up-tight to be honest, chillaxing is probably the best thing you can do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:10 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Nemesis x88 wrote:
WJK wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
WJK wrote:
oh boy, a new person!

please do, I think the last new person didn't get our collective sense of humour and was a bit up-tight to be honest, chillaxing is probably the best thing you can do.

Okay. I think I will. I hope you guys don't find me too annoying to be honest, i'm really self-conscious about what I say and If I type too much or something or ask too many questions. I always feel that someone hates me deep down lol. I hope you guys have liked me so far I guess. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:05 pm 
Tired of Earth.

So far, yes, you seem quite alright. I am wondering, did you see the film then read the comic, or just read the comic, or just see the film, or read the comic then see the film?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:34 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

WJK wrote:
So far, yes, you seem quite alright. I am wondering, did you see the film then read the comic, or just read the comic, or just see the film, or read the comic then see the film?

I've just seen the film. Directors cut and the theatrical version. I ordered comic on amazon and it should be here by Tuesday. Looking forward to reading it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:35 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
WJK wrote:

I've just seen the film. Directors cut and the theatrical version. I ordered comic on amazon and it should be here by Tuesday. Looking forward to reading it.

Ah, well that's good enough for me.

If you ever get bored, I suggest the Black Freighter Cut, it's basically the Director's Cut, but with a few more scenes of the two Bernies (guys at the newsstand) and splices the animated Black Freighter movie into it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:11 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

WJK wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
WJK wrote:

Ah, well that's good enough for me.

If you ever get bored, I suggest the Black Freighter Cut, it's basically the Director's Cut, but with a few more scenes of the two Bernies (guys at the newsstand) and splices the animated Black Freighter movie into it.

I'm WJK and I don't read jack.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
Okay. I think I will. I hope you guys don't find me too annoying to be honest, i'm really self-conscious about what I say and If I type too much or something or ask too many questions. I always feel that someone hates me deep down lol.
Of course you feel that way. You're a teenager.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Where do I watch that at?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Okay. I think I will. I hope you guys don't find me too annoying to be honest, i'm really self-conscious about what I say and If I type too much or something or ask too many questions. I always feel that someone hates me deep down lol.
Of course you feel that way. You're a teenager.

Yeah haha. I know i'm not THAT annoying. It's just my mind always tends to look at the mistakes i'm making and I never capitalize on them. Oh well.

Is there anything I should really be looking for in the novel that's "Interesting"? Kind of any Easter eggs?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:49 pm 

Nemesis x88 wrote:

Well, you could download it. Or you could buy it on DVD assuming you live in North America.

You should probably only watch it after reading the book, though.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
Is there anything I should really be looking for in the novel that's "Interesting"? Kind of any Easter eggs?

Only about a billion. I'd be here all night, though, if I decided to list them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:50 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:

Well, you could download it. Or you could buy it on DVD assuming you live in North America.

Nemesis x88 wrote:

Is it a actual real edition? Can you maybe link me to it? I would buy it if so.

Also can you maybe list a couple? :mrgreen: I'm interested.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:56 pm 

Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:

Nemesis x88 wrote:

Is it a actual real edition? Can you maybe link me to it? I would buy it if so.

Also can you maybe list a couple? :mrgreen: I'm interested.

Here's the Ultimate Cut. http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Ultimate ... 908&sr=8-1

And one big group of recurring easter eggs throughout the book is that the smiley face button/doomsday clock imagery keeps showing up in some shape or form again and again and again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next