WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:20 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
Godziller66 wrote:
WJK wrote:
also, u should join our facebook page

WJK, you really need to stop not reading jack.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
So, have gotten through the first two chapters and am loving it. I also really liked the first chapter of "Under the hood". Very interesting. It's so awesome though! There's so much more dialogue, especially for Hooded Justice! Now I can see why everyone thinks the Comedian killed him.. Sadly, that's not true. He's with Captain Metropolis! ;) It's very awesome though. I'm really glad I got it. Hopefully going to read like 3 more chapters tonight.

Sweet. Glad you're enjoying it. It only gets better and crazier from there.


Yeah it's really awesome. I just love it because there's so much more dialogue. The only parts I haven't understood yet are the ones where the newspaper guy and that comic book kid parts, like it's about the war but there's parts of where the kid is reading the comic too? Not really sure what this means though.

I'm currently starting chapter 6, Rorschach just got unmasked. I'm guessing it's going to be the prison part.

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Yeah it's really awesome. I just love it because there's so much more dialogue. The only parts I haven't understood yet are the ones where the newspaper guy and that comic book kid parts, like it's about the war but there's parts of where the kid is reading the comic too? Not really sure what this means though.

I don't know if I want to comment because I kind of want to see you finish it for yourself and try to draw your own conclusions before I spoil stuff.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
I'm currently starting chapter 6

That's my favorite chapter, personally. Probably because I'm such a Rorschach fanboy.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:31 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
Yeah, haha. Rorschach is pretty badass. Would you like to skype with me sometime? Like individually?

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Yeah, haha. Rorschach is pretty badass. Would you like to skype with me sometime? Like individually?

Sure. I've been pretty busy lately, though, so I'm not sure when I'd do it. We might have a group chat sometime this weekend, though. Though that term seems pretty loose, since not a ton of people usually show up.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Yeah, haha. Rorschach is pretty badass. Would you like to skype with me sometime? Like individually?

Sure. I've been pretty busy lately, though, so I'm not sure when I'd do it. We might have a group chat sometime this weekend, though. Though that term seems pretty loose, since not a ton of people usually show up.


Yeah, no problem. I'll go ahead and add you. What is your skype name? I'll also be willing to this weekend.

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Yeah, haha. Rorschach is pretty badass. Would you like to skype with me sometime? Like individually?

Sure. I've been pretty busy lately, though, so I'm not sure when I'd do it. We might have a group chat sometime this weekend, though. Though that term seems pretty loose, since not a ton of people usually show up.


Yeah, no problem. I'll go ahead and add you. What is your skype name? I'll also be willing to this weekend.

It's godziller66.

I'm a pretty creative guy.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:27 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Yeah, haha. Rorschach is pretty badass. Would you like to skype with me sometime? Like individually?

Sure. I've been pretty busy lately, though, so I'm not sure when I'd do it. We might have a group chat sometime this weekend, though. Though that term seems pretty loose, since not a ton of people usually show up.


Yeah, no problem. I'll go ahead and add you. What is your skype name? I'll also be willing to this weekend.

It's godziller66

I'm a pretty creative guy.


I added you.

Erm.. I really don't know what to think of this.. I think i'm going to have to reread it after i'm finished. It's too much to take in IMO. I might be reading it too fast or something. Feels weird.

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Yeah, haha. Rorschach is pretty badass. Would you like to skype with me sometime? Like individually?

Sure. I've been pretty busy lately, though, so I'm not sure when I'd do it. We might have a group chat sometime this weekend, though. Though that term seems pretty loose, since not a ton of people usually show up.


Yeah, no problem. I'll go ahead and add you. What is your skype name? I'll also be willing to this weekend.

It's godziller66

I'm a pretty creative guy.


I added you.

Erm.. I really don't know what to think of this.. I think i'm going to have to reread it after i'm finished. It's too much to take in IMO. I might be reading it too fast or something. Feels weird.


Not weird at all, everyone here has reread Watchmen. That's what literature is meant to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 pm 
Offline
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 4978
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Yeah, haha. Rorschach is pretty badass. Would you like to skype with me sometime? Like individually?

Sure. I've been pretty busy lately, though, so I'm not sure when I'd do it. We might have a group chat sometime this weekend, though. Though that term seems pretty loose, since not a ton of people usually show up.


Yeah, no problem. I'll go ahead and add you. What is your skype name? I'll also be willing to this weekend.

It's godziller66

I'm a pretty creative guy.


I added you.

Erm.. I really don't know what to think of this.. I think i'm going to have to reread it after i'm finished. It's too much to take in IMO. I might be reading it too fast or something. Feels weird.


Hey Nemesis, I added you on facebook. I'm the Australian guy.

_________________
Say, Doc, did I ever tell you I'm the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:43 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
I accepted it. I don't really know who everyone is on facebook, lol, except that godziller is RJ and you are Sam? I think? I don't get on facebook much but I will for this.

If anyone wants to add me on skype I would love to talk with them. I'm on usually every day lol. Not doing much other then this.

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:03 pm 
Offline
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 4978
what was your skype addy?

_________________
Say, Doc, did I ever tell you I'm the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
Look up either Cory Kenney or ulcatron540 i think it is. made it like 3 years ago so i forget.

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.103s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]