WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1568 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:25 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

I posted this over at the IMDB site, but since I like it better here, I'll post it here too. I created this large poster with a program called the Rasterbator (google it if you want it). I can't take credit for the artwork either (google image search "rorschach" and this should be the first picture you get...) Anyway... this poster USED to be on my wall, but I recently had to take it down because I realized the tape I had put it up with was peeling the paint off of my walls (sad, I know)...

videos we make:
http://www.youtube.com/pennsylvaniapeople

Post subject: Re: Rasterbation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:35 pm 
The Watcher

That is sweet. If you take it down I'm banning you from the board :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:01 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I was inspired by the Peanuts as Watchmen and wanted to do the same, only with my favorite characters, The Simpsons! It took a few days but was a labor of love. I drew each character seperatly and photoshopped them together. Let me know what you think, and please, pass it around, I want to get it out there.

ps-I had to shrink it to fit here, the original is much clearer.
The Watchsons

UPDATE!!
That was the original, here is the new updated version.
*-that is the Springfield Institute of Extraspatial Studies. (formerly Springfield Elementary)

PLEASE VOTE! just reply with vote and we can get this posted in the Gunga Diner. So.... please, VOTE!!!

Last edited by JorelEsquire on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:20 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

JorelEsquire wrote:
I was inspired by the Peanuts as Watchmen and wanted to do the same, only with my favorite characters, The Simpsons! It took a few days but was a labor of love. I drew each character seperatly and photoshopped them together. Let me know what you think, and please, pass it around, I want to get it out there.

ps-I had to shrink it to fit here, the original is much clearer. Hopefully The Watcher will post that on in the Gunga Diner, hint hint...

The Watchsons

Dude, seriously? If DD were to post it on the Gunga Diner, or anywhere else on this site, http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com will finally "jump the shark."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:28 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Yeah yeah, understood, Im just trying to get it out there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:57 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Alfonso wrote:
Dude, seriously? If DD were to post it on the Gunga Diner, or anywhere else on this site, http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com will finally "jump the shark."
I wouldn't quite go that far.

However, I would say that in terms of Watchmen mash-ups, we could certainly do better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:04 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
wouldn't quite go that far.

However, I would say that in terms of Watchmen mash-ups, we could certainly do better.

Really? Harsh. Lets see you do better. As they say, those who can do and those who can't... moderate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:10 am 
Tired of Earth.

JorelEsquire wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
wouldn't quite go that far.

Really? Harsh. Lets see you do better. As they say, those who can do and those who can't... moderate.

Touche.

I certainly applaud your effort and I freely admit that I have zero artistic skills. It's just that I have issues with the characters you picked out. I mean, Ralph Wiggums for Dr. Manhattan? Really?

Bart and Lisa were good for Rorschach and Silk Spectre, I'll grant that. But the other roles were miscast. Take Dr. Manhattan, for example. The most powerful man in the world, totally isolated, radiating with nuclear power... to me, that says Mr. Burns. Could be funny, seeing him all naked and blue.

Then I would've placed Homer for Nite Owl, Barney for the Comedian and for Ozzy... Mayor Quimby, I would guess.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:03 am 
...I am Pagliacci.

I think he was trying to do it only with the Simpsons kids. Another one with adults can be funny too.

Bart and Lisa are indisputable...
Ralph as Manhattan is bizarre, it's true... but it's funny :D
Martin as Ozy, perfect... he's the smartest guy in the town anyway :)
Nelson, the town bully as the Comedian... could it be any other way? HA-HA ;)
And the shy and insecure Millhouse as Nite Owl is perfect too :)

It could be better drawn, but the idea is pretty funny. Good work, JorelSquire :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:45 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I actually thought it looked pretty good. As good as anything else in the Gunga Diner.

I did a Simpsons Watchmen drawing myself a while back, but it was more of a sketch and not really good enough to post. I think my cast was:

Homer as Jon

Snake as the Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Professor Frink as Dan

I forget who else. Dr Hibbert as Malcolm Long, maybe?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:46 am 
The Watcher

Sure, it can be drawn better, I'll give you that. But it definitely doesn't suck.

The character assignments are perfect too. Just using Simpsons kids, someone tell me what combination would work better?

Ralph fits as Dr. Manhattan, a) because he's the only kid left over after all of the other main kids are assigned, plus, b) it's just real funny. Period.

As far as Gunga Diner material? I've put crap in the Diner before, as quality is not a criteria for inclusion. Sometimes it's the "crappiness" that makes a piece Diner worthy. Unfortunately, this piece is mediocre. I think Jorel did a great job here and deserves full credit for the idea and a decent execution. Now if someone else on the forum with "mad" computer graphics skills wants to take the torch and make this piece look awesome, I'll put it in the Diner with pleasure.

King Solomon enough of me?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:52 am 
The Watcher

t3cii wrote:
I did a Simpsons Watchmen drawing myself a while back, but it was more of a sketch and not really good enough to post. I think my cast was:

Homer as Jon

Snake as the Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Professor Frink as Dan

OK. Sorry to double post, but I disagree with many of your choices for this lineup. Here's mine...

Homer as Dr. Manhattan

Krusty as The Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Principal Skinner as Dan

Ms. Krabappel as Laurie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:51 am 
Close to locating a gluino.

Quote:
OK. Sorry to double post, but I disagree with many of your choices for this lineup. Here's mine...

Homer as Dr. Manhattan

Krusty as The Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Principal Skinner as Dan

Ms. Krabappel as Laurie

this is near perfect! i was just about to suggest moe as rorschach! but then who would run harry's bar?

Dr. manhattan would have to come from jon osterman - prof. frink!

agnes skinner - old sally jupiter?

and smithers as cap. metropolis or hooded justice?

discuss more!!!

i could go on for hours...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:07 pm 
Tired of Earth.

DoomsdayClock wrote:

Homer as Dr. Manhattan

Krusty as The Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Principal Skinner as Dan

Ms. Krabappel as Laurie
Hold on, someone's missing...

What about Ozzy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:30 pm 
I DID IT!

DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:

Homer as Jon

Snake as the Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Professor Frink as Dan

Homer as Dr. Manhattan

Krusty as The Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Principal Skinner as Dan

Ms. Krabappel as Laurie

KRUSTY as the comedian is PPEERRFFFEEECCCTTT.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:57 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:

Homer as Jon

Snake as the Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Professor Frink as Dan

Homer as Dr. Manhattan

Krusty as The Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Principal Skinner as Dan

Ms. Krabappel as Laurie

You disagree with many of my choices? You agree with at least two of them :)

I only chose those characters from a visual perspective. I just thought Snake worked visually for the Comedian.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:00 pm 
The Watcher

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:

Homer as Dr. Manhattan

Krusty as The Comedian

Moe as Rorschach

Principal Skinner as Dan

Ms. Krabappel as Laurie
Hold on, someone's missing...

What about Ozzy?

Sorry, Ozy would have to be Mr. Burns... then we can have Smithers face on Bubastis!

Frink can't be Dr. Manhattan because we need Homer in there somewhere...

Let's make Frink one of Ozy's scientists...

In which case maybe Marge needs to to Laurie and then Milhous's dad should be Nite Owl.

Let's then reassign Ms. Krabappel as Silhouette and Principal Skinner as Capt. Metropolis

And now that I think of it Moe should be the pathetic Moloch (or Moe-loch)

This means Rorschach would be... I don't know... Apu?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:18 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I feel I should explain my train of thought, so everyone knows where this came from.

I originally thought to do adult simpsons, my lineup up was Homer as Manhattan, Moe as Rorschach, Skinner as Nite Owl, Snake as Comedian, Krababble as Silk Spectre, and Flanders as Ozy. It just didnt work for me, plus I really wanted Bart in there somewhere, but he would be much smaller than the rest. So from there I cast Bart as Rorschach and Lisa as Silk Spectre, sticking with the Simpsons family. Thats when I realized they should all be kids, and the pieces just fell into place. It seemed so obvious that Millhouse would be Nite Owll, with the glasses he already looked like him, and it wouldnt be a stretch to believe both Dan and Millhouse suffer from ED. Next I wanted to cast the Comedian, Nelson was the 1st to come to mind and I never considered anyone else after that. Hes perfect, hes the bully who laughs at everyone., it was meant to be. Next I need the smartest man alive, hmmm..... how about the smartest kid in class? It was clear Martin would be Ozymandias. Martin likes to prance about, something I liken to Viedts acrobatics and with their similar light hair and large brains it was settled. Lastly I needed a Dr. Manhattan, someone I couldnt quite place. I briefly considered Kearny, due to his bald head, but was unfulfilled. Who could be so distant, eerie, and isolated? Ralph? no.... I was running out of recognizeable Springfield Elementary kids. Ralph? maybe..... I wanted someone strange.... oohhhhh.... Ralph! It took me a mintue to figure it out, but the perfect answer was right there. Dr Manhattan will be Ralph. The more I think of it, the more I laugh. So I drew up sketches of each character, pulled out my Absolute Watchmen and started transforming them. Once finished, I scanned each character as b/w and took them to paint. I then scanned panels of the comic and pulled the color from each costume to paint my Simpson kids with. (So Martins purple robe is the same color as Viedts, that goes for everyone respectively). I then just copied them all over a big picture of Springfield I found. I know its BS to spent 1 day on each of the characters, then 15 mins on the background.

As I said befor, I had to shrink this picture to fit here, so it looks pixelated. The orginal is much clearer. Since its not good enough yet (grumble) Ill take each character drawing and add 3D shading. Back to the drawing board. Also, I know the background is crap, that was quickly done because a white background didnt look good, and I really wanted to get it posted here. So Ill draw something better than it. Bear with me, hopefully next week It can be posted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:33 pm 
I DID IT!

JorelEsquire wrote:
I feel I should explain my train of thought, so everyone knows where this came from.

I originally thought to do adult simpsons, my lineup up was Homer as Manhattan, Moe as Rorschach, Skinner as Nite Owl, Snake as Comedian, Krababble as Silk Spectre, and Flanders as Ozy. It just didnt work for me, plus I really wanted Bart in there somewhere, but he would be much smaller than the rest. So from there I cast Bart as Rorschach and Lisa as Silk Spectre, sticking with the Simpsons family. Thats when I realized they should all be kids, and the pieces just fell into place. It seemed so obvious that Millhouse would be Nite Owll, with the glasses he already looked like him, and it wouldnt be a stretch to believe both Dan and Millhouse suffer from ED. Next I wanted to cast the Comedian, Nelson was the 1st to come to mind and I never considered anyone else after that. Hes perfect, hes the bully who laughs at everyone., it was meant to be. Next I need the smartest man alive, hmmm..... how about the smartest kid in class? It was clear Martin would be Ozymandias. Martin likes to prance about, something I liken to Viedts acrobatics and with their similar light hair and large brains it was settled. Lastly I needed a Dr. Manhattan, someone I couldnt quite place. I briefly considered Kearny, due to his bald head, but was unfulfilled. Who could be so distant, eerie, and isolated? Ralph? no.... I was running out of recognizeable Springfield Elementary kids. Ralph? maybe..... I wanted someone strange.... oohhhhh.... Ralph! It took me a mintue to figure it out, but the perfect answer was right there. Dr Manhattan will be Ralph. The more I think of it, the more I laugh. So I drew up sketches of each character, pulled out my Absolute Watchmen and started transforming them. Once finished, I scanned each character as b/w and took them to paint. I then scanned panels of the comic and pulled the color from each costume to paint my Simpson kids with. (So Martins purple robe is the same color as Viedts, that goes for everyone respectively). I then just copied them all over a big picture of Springfield I found. I know its BS to spent 1 day on each of the characters, then 15 mins on the background.

As I said befor, I had to shrink this picture to fit here, so it looks pixelated. The orginal is much clearer. Since its not good enough yet (grumble) Ill take each character drawing and add 3D shading. Back to the drawing board. Also, I know the background is crap, that was quickly done because a white background didnt look good, and I really wanted to get it posted here. So Ill draw something better than it. Bear with me, hopefully next week It can be posted.

Dude I hope you don't have to feel like you have defend your peice of art. It's really good and really creative. And just the thought of "SIMPSONS AS WATCHMEN" is a cool concept..so I tip my hat.

Anybody with any designing exp. knows the difficulty of DPI, and formatting...so really no sweat!

Again BRAVO! for a cool design, and cool thought.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:46 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1568 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79  Next