WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Minutemen action figures
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:31 am 
So impotent.

After Mattel came out with their new watchmen comic version line, i thought about the possibility of minutemen figures, which i think would be very awesome. The minutemen comic series have made these characters a little less obscure and more interesting. I really enjoyed the nite owl I figure that came out a little while ago from the movie, so why not the rest of the minutemen?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:45 am 
I DID IT!

I don't understand Mattel sometimes. The WATCHMEN figure series they did was a success for them, including their "Club Black Freighter" subscription service. At least 3 of the 6 figures completely sold through. But there are no plans for further figures, sadly.

I thought they should at least have had a special SDCC Exclusive last year. Moloch and/or Bubastis would have been perfect. Hell, I'd even shell out for an Archie Owl Ship in this scale. I wanted them to make a series that looked something like the toy ad from the book:

My personal interwebz:
Facebook (regular Carlâ„¢)
Twitter (caffeinated Carlâ„¢)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:03 pm 
So impotent.

Comedian Carl wrote:
I don't understand Mattel sometimes. The WATCHMEN figure series they did was a success for them, including their "Club Black Freighter" subscription service. At least 3 of the 6 figures completely sold through. But there are no plans for further figures, sadly.

I thought they should at least have had a special SDCC Exclusive last year. Moloch and/or Bubastis would have been perfect. Hell, I'd even shell out for an Archie Owl Ship in this scale. I wanted them to make a series that looked something like the toy ad from the book:

yeah, that would be so cool to have a scale Archie too bad it will probably never happen ( i had to make my own instead). I wasn't really disappointed with the figures though and probably liked them more than most people.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:04 am 
The Watcher

I made it a point to get every figure and every variation. I like them too!