WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:51 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3641
Location: New York
Alexrd wrote:
P.S: Why is this on the movie forum? :?

Oops. Been a while since I did an update. Help, Curi!

[NOTE: Got it. --"Curiosity Inc."]

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:00 am 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Portugal
DoomsdayClock wrote:
I honestly think DC has better ways of making money with much more loved and popular characters they can exploit. Why would DC and other well-know comics professional line up for ridicule if they didn't think their efforts would produce something fans would like and appreciate? That's quite a risk just for the chance at a few bucks.

My guess is these will be prequels. I can't see them doing a sequel without really pissing everyone off.


My thoughts exactly.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:03 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6408
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Alexrd wrote:
P.S: Why is this on the movie forum? :?

Oops. Been a while since I did an update. Help, Curi!


Just leave it. This will takes us back to the glory days of WCM when the movie section was the most active board on the site.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:34 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3641
Location: New York
t3cii wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Alexrd wrote:
P.S: Why is this on the movie forum? :?

Oops. Been a while since I did an update. Help, Curi!


Just leave it. This will takes us back to the glory days of WCM when the movie section was the most active board on the site.

To late! The thread belongs here. Let's be thankful there is no new movie news.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:44 pm 
Offline
New Frontiersman

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 342
An ordinary writer? Shill The Comedian? Ridiculous.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:13 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8038
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
I'd prefer spin-offs more than prequels, but that may just be me...

Sure, I'd love to see the Comedian's war days, or the Minutemen prequel that we never got, but I still think spin-offs are the way to go in this subject.


Last edited by WJK on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:09 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12224
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
People Must Be Told. wrote:
An ordinary writer? Shill The Comedian? Ridiculous.

Ha.

Anyway, yeah, I'm conflicted. I'd definitely like to read new stories about some of my favorite characters, but I do think that it could easily damage the integrity of the original source.

WJK wrote:
I'd prefer spin-offs more than prequels, but that may just be me...

Sure, I'd love to see the Comedian's war days, or the Crimebusters prequel that we never got, but I still think spin-offs are the way to go in this subject.

What exactly do you mean by spin-offs?

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:36 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8038
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
Godziller66 wrote:
People Must Be Told. wrote:
An ordinary writer? Shill The Comedian? Ridiculous.

Ha.

Anyway, yeah, I'm conflicted. I'd definitely like to read new stories about some of my favorite characters, but I do think that it could easily damage the integrity of the original source.

WJK wrote:
I'd prefer spin-offs more than prequels, but that may just be me...

Sure, I'd love to see the Comedian's war days, or the Crimebusters prequel that we never got, but I still think spin-offs are the way to go in this subject.

What exactly do you mean by spin-offs?


like, say, follow what happened to captain metropolis after the crimebusters failed. or more shit featuring the bernies.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:42 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12224
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
WJK wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
People Must Be Told. wrote:
An ordinary writer? Shill The Comedian? Ridiculous.

Ha.

Anyway, yeah, I'm conflicted. I'd definitely like to read new stories about some of my favorite characters, but I do think that it could easily damage the integrity of the original source.

WJK wrote:
I'd prefer spin-offs more than prequels, but that may just be me...

Sure, I'd love to see the Comedian's war days, or the Crimebusters prequel that we never got, but I still think spin-offs are the way to go in this subject.

What exactly do you mean by spin-offs?


like, say, follow what happened to captain metropolis after the crimebusters failed. or more shit featuring the bernies.

Wouldn't those still be prequels?

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8038
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
aw hell, idk, i just don't think they should even bother with this stuff, we all know it's not gonna be that great anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:10 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
feliciano182 wrote:
When I see big names like Darwyn Cooke


I was getting ina nerd rage, until I saw that, and now I want to at least see Cooke's versions of the characters just as pin ups but if he writes and draws any Watchmen stuff I will buy it

feliciano182 wrote:
Jason Aaron can get away with the shit he said a few months back it shows how easy some "fans" can forget.


For shame, as a member of the Church of Scalped you should know that Aaron wasn't disrespecting moore as a writer, he was calling out moor the crazy old man. for those that don't recall Moore made some comments about how there are no good or innovative wrters in today's comics industry, that annoyed Aaron who is amongst a number of people writing comics that are breaking the molds of "men in tights" comics. Aaron, called out Moore saying that he was giving the industry unfair judgement and said he was done fretting about what Moore thought. And on that I agree, Alan Moore (let's be honest) has an ego (true he earned it, but still) and acts at times like he's the only good writer left, when we know that there are other people who are writing quality stories (Aaron for starters)

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:33 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8538
Location: A stronger world
Hurm.

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:40 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12224
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
AYBGerrardo wrote:

Mmmmmm

Hopefully, these don't suck and/or clash with continuity. But to quote every Star Wars character ever, I have a bad feeling about this.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:00 am 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Portugal
Well, at least it's settled that they are prequels.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:15 am 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 7968
Location: Clackamas, OR
I wonder how DC is going to bring the fans into this when the official announcement comes.

They have to bring it up at some point. They'll probably say something like "This is what the fans have been waiting for," or "We think the fans are going to love this." It's going to be very telling what they go with and how they phrase it.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:17 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
I'll be honest, I'm going to buy these... I know that makes me a bad fan, but come on Darwyn Cooke? I have to...

Also, I'm really curious as to what they'll do with it

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:06 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8538
Location: A stronger world
Hurmmmm

In all honesty, I never expected this to happen. Not sure how I feel about it, but I don't think the LoEG example is appropriate.

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:38 pm 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Portugal
No plans of including the characters on DCU?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:35 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8038
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
Alexrd wrote:
No plans of including the characters on DCU?


I hope not, that would mean sequels, and we know they would be god awful.

Also, what good does it do if only three of them are left? There would have to be some weird shit going on for the Comedian, Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan to suddenly appear alongside Bats, Supes, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:49 pm 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Portugal
WJK wrote:
Alexrd wrote:
No plans of including the characters on DCU?


I hope not, that would mean sequels, and we know they would be god awful.

Also, what good does it do if only three of them are left? There would have to be some weird shit going on for the Comedian, Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan to suddenly appear alongside Bats, Supes, etc.


Not necessarily. There are alternate universes.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.134s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]