WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:26 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
Mr. Ex wrote:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/12/so-will-before-watchmen-actually-be-like/

Yup, what I figured. Which is why I won't get within 100 feet of this garbage.

Everyone involved here is going to show Alan Moore how to do these characters by "making them their own". Yeah, right.


We get it. You don't want to read them. No one gives a shit.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
t3cii wrote:
Mr. Ex wrote:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/12/so-will-before-watchmen-actually-be-like/

Yup, what I figured. Which is why I won't get within 100 feet of this garbage.

Everyone involved here is going to show Alan Moore how to do these characters by "making them their own". Yeah, right.


We get it. You don't want to read them. No one gives a shit.


What's with the hostility :| ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:09 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Mr. Ex wrote:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/12/so-will-before-watchmen-actually-be-like/

Yup, what I figured. Which is why I won't get within 100 feet of this garbage.

Everyone involved here is going to show Alan Moore how to do these characters by "making them their own". Yeah, right.


We get it. You don't want to read them. No one gives a shit.


What's with the hostility :| ?


Every post of his lately is about him not wanting to read these comics.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:13 am 
Offline
New Frontiersman

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:45 pm
Posts: 332
Are you referring to my post on how to tour the New York backlot through google maps? Or my recent post pointing out some easter eggs in the new anthology I've got a story in? No crappy prequel mention in those RECENT posts.

Seems someone doth protest too much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:31 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
Mr. Ex wrote:
Are you referring to my post on how to tour the New York backlot through google maps? Or my recent post pointing out some easter eggs in the new anthology I've got a story in? No crappy prequel mention in those RECENT posts.

Seems someone doth protest too much.


He probably only means your posts in the Watchmen prequel comics section.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:15 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Mr. Ex wrote:

While I'll still buy and read them,
this article was certainly disheartening.
I've lost a bit of hope that this will be really good.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:00 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
Well, what I can gather from that article is that the original ending becomes more ambiguous... isn't that the point?

I will admit though, this is a vague article and we won't know for sure until we crack open the books... so I'm going to pass judgment to wait.

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:09 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Well the only thing that really bothered me...

Quote:
I’m told that JMS’s version of the Comedian may be rather controversial in that it’s a very different take on the character,
that neglects certain established aspects of the character for a fresh approach
that will, and I quote, “people’s minds are going to explode”.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:03 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
NiteOwl wrote:
Well the only thing that really bothered me...

Quote:
I’m told that JMS’s version of the Comedian may be rather controversial in that it’s a very different take on the character,
that neglects certain established aspects of the character for a fresh approach
that will, and I quote, “people’s minds are going to explode”.


I'm on the fence on this... which aspects?

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:37 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Well the only thing that really bothered me...

Quote:
I’m told that JMS’s version of the Comedian may be rather controversial in that it’s a very different take on the character,
that neglects certain established aspects of the character for a fresh approach
that will, and I quote, “people’s minds are going to explode”.


I'm on the fence on this... which aspects?

This is what I wanna know. Whats wrong with not neglecting certain aspects of his character?
Do they have to neglect at all?

Saying "our shit is cool" is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
So that last quote, I don't even pay attention.
The "NEGLECTING" bit is what catches my attention.
I don't like the smell of it.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:53 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
NiteOwl wrote:
The "NEGLECTING" bit is what catches my attention.
I don't like the smell of it.


Especially considering JMS (as well as Quesada) is responsible for One More Day...

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
http://www.dccomics.com/watchmen/new-frontiersman

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:58 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
Godziller66 wrote:
http://www.dccomics.com/watchmen/new-frontiersman


say what you will about the prequels, but that looks awesome
Image

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:00 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
AvatarIII wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
http://www.dccomics.com/watchmen/new-frontiersman


say what you will about the prequels, but that looks awesome
Image

Okay yeah... thats pretty cool.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
also this
Image
Image

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:16 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
http://www.the-gutters.com/comic/282-bachan-bachan

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:37 pm 
Offline
Drinking a toast to absent friends.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:16 am
Posts: 1246
http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/top-secre ... e-watchmen
At the very least I'll be picking up the Rorschach series. That art is insane.

_________________
" Funny STORY. Sounds UNBELIEVABLE. Probably TRUE."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:53 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
Uh... that looks really good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Dog Carcass wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/top-secret-look-at-before-watchmen
At the very least I'll be picking up the Rorschach series. That art is insane.

Have you read Joker or Batman: Noel? Those are drawn by the same artist, if you're interested.

WJK wrote:
Uh... that looks really good.

I think it was a given that the art would be fantastic given the talent involved. I'm looking forward to these, but the images don't really make me anymore hyped than I was.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:48 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
Okay, so I'm sold on the artwork. But then, it was always the writing and the story that were the salient points in this matter.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.101s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]