WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: New board?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8538
Location: A stronger world
Image

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
We are living in a very interesting time.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8538
Location: A stronger world
Godziller66 wrote:
We are living in a very interesting time.

Image

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:24 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
I HATE CHANGE!!!!!

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I HATE CHANGE!!!!!

I can't just lump these threads in with the forum that discusses the original. Regardless of what my opinion is I know how some fans feel, so I wanted segregation. Now Mr. Ex, Writer of Wrongs and the rest can avoid this forum if they wish to. I think it's a good choice.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:43 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
It begins.

It's time to get the old crew back together. Someone put on the "W" signal. We need to round up the usual suspects. Kingmob, Empire X, Mike Tyson, the Veidt Method are currently missing in action. Broken Finger and Vynson are still at large.

Watchmen Comic Movie Members....assemble!

Image

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:42 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
t3cii wrote:
It begins.

It's time to get the old crew back together. Someone put on the "W" signal. We need to round up the usual suspects. Kingmob, Empire X, Mike Tyson, the Veidt Method are currently missing in action. Broken Finger and Vynson are still at large.

Watchmen Comic Movie Members....assemble!

Image



Oh, so we're not good enough for you? We entered your life when you needed us most and now at the first opportunity you try and go back to the people who left you? I get it t3cii... I just thought we meant more to you...

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:09 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
No! Wait! Come back!

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
I'm actually surprised we still haven't seen Vynson, TheVeidtMethod or even Broken Finger back here already, I guess it'll take them time to think of us again.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:07 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
t3cii wrote:
No! Wait! Come back!


don't call me, t3cii... You know what... I even thought you were the one...

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
feliciano182 wrote:
I'm actually surprised we still haven't seen Vynson, TheVeidtMethod or even Broken Finger back here already, I guess it'll take them time to think of us again.


The Veidt Method pretty much stopped posting regularly once he left. I'd be surprised if we saw him again. I think Vynson and Broken Finger spend more time over at the Vivarium, with all the other WCM members who no longer post here.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
t3cii wrote:
The Veidt Method pretty much stopped posting regularly once he left. I'd be surprised if we saw him again. I think Vynson and Broken Finger spend more time over at the Vivarium, with all the other WCM members who no longer post here.


The vivarium ?! Wat's dat ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
The Veidt Method pretty much stopped posting regularly once he left. I'd be surprised if we saw him again. I think Vynson and Broken Finger spend more time over at the Vivarium, with all the other WCM members who no longer post here.


The vivarium ?! Wat's dat ?


Vynson ran a forum as well called the vivarium and several of the members back in the before time had accounts on both sites.

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
The Veidt Method pretty much stopped posting regularly once he left. I'd be surprised if we saw him again. I think Vynson and Broken Finger spend more time over at the Vivarium, with all the other WCM members who no longer post here.


The vivarium ?! Wat's dat ?


Vynson ran a forum as well called the vivarium and several of the members back in the before time had accounts on both sites.

I imagine them to be like WCM's Shelbyville.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:35 pm 
Offline
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:28 pm
Posts: 2021
Location: Aotearoa
I got inviteds over there, hung out for a while, but I stopped going because I isn't brains enough.

_________________
...evidently chicken-town.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
The Veidt Method pretty much stopped posting regularly once he left. I'd be surprised if we saw him again. I think Vynson and Broken Finger spend more time over at the Vivarium, with all the other WCM members who no longer post here.


The vivarium ?! Wat's dat ?


Vynson ran a forum as well called the vivarium and several of the members back in the before time had accounts on both sites.


don't be silly, there was no "before time"! Reality came into existence mid 2008.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:19 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Just checked and website traffic has doubled since DC's announcement. Keep in mind that the stats I track to not take forum traffic into account - just the main site.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
AvatarIII wrote:
don't be silly, there was no "before time"! Reality came into existence mid 2008.


I meant before the movie came out... so the before time would be pre March 6, 2009

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Newly Bored?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
t3cii wrote:
Watchmen Comic Movie Members....assemble!


I have the heard the call, although the echoes of t3cii's original invocation took several months to reach me.

So, what's up? I got my original colors back, as you can all plainly see.

t3cii wrote:
We need to round up the usual suspects. Kingmob, Empire X, Mike Tyson, the Veidt Method are currently missing in action. Broken Finger and Vynson are still at large.


I have seen a person calling himself Kingmob over at Bad Ass Digest, but I have no idea whether or not it's the same Kingmob. Vynson is writing away (like, professionally and everything) in California last I heard from him. Empire X was kind of a douche, so fuck him. Tyson is off making Youtube videos with his friends, I'm sure, and TVM was last seen exceeding everyone's wildest expectations as a rodeo clown. No one saw that coming, I'll bet.

But what about you guys? Oh, how I've missed you! Brooklyn, my old sparring partner! Curiousity, Inc., you old mod, you! Godziller! t3cii, old friend! Even Nite Owl, who I don't know that well, and Avatar III, and even Feliciano 182, who once threatened me with bodily harm!

Hm, who am I missing?

Mister Pain wrote:
I got inviteds over there, hung out for a while, but I stopped going because I isn't brains enough.


Oh, you stop that right now, Mister Pain. A man of your many talents was a welcome addition while it lasted, sir.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I can't just lump these threads in with the forum that discusses the original. Regardless of what my opinion is I know how some fans feel, so I wanted segregation. Now Mr. Ex, Writer of Wrongs and the rest can avoid this forum if they wish to. I think it's a good choice.


Good call, Dooms.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newly Bored?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Welcome back! Wow. How long has it been?

Yeah, as far as the prequels go, I'm over it. I'm not buying them or reading them - and I'm not reporting on them. What I've seen of them so far does not have me excited at all. Combine that with DC's treatment of Moore and that seals the deal for me.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.107s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]