WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Boredly Newed?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 pm 
A brother to dragons.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Welcome back! Wow. How long has it been?

A quick check of the site here says that my last post under this name was 12/15/2010 in the Iron Man topic, so a year and a half, I guess. Although, honestly, my posting for the months preceding the last had grown increasingly spotty and rare. I've posted only a couple of times since then under another name, due to login issues. My thoughts were never far away, however! Yesterday, something jarred my memory about the motion comic and I checked in to look at my old posts and to see if they were as funny as I remembered. Turns out they were actually funnier, and I had totally forgotten that I threatened to make Big Tom Stechshulte eat broken glass. Hilarious!

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Yeah, as far as the prequels go, I'm over it. I'm not buying them or reading them - and I'm not reporting on them. What I've seen of them so far does not have me excited at all. Combine that with DC's treatment of Moore and that seals the deal for me.

Hear, hear. Well said.

Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Does the Kingmob at BAD post stuff like "that was tits"

cuz if he does, it's probably the same Kingmob.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:04 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

WJK wrote:

One day, one day perhaps, I will know who the fuck this Kingmob fellow was :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:14 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
WJK wrote:

One day, one day perhaps, I will know who the fuck this Kingmob fellow was :lol:

You know how much you and I disagree? double that and you're about halfway to Kingmob...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:25 pm 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
You know how much you and I disagree? double that and you're about halfway to Kingmob...

Kingmob, a good man he must've been :cry: !

Post subject: Re: Newly Bored?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:15 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Broken Finger wrote:
But what about you guys? Oh, how I've missed you! Brooklyn, my old sparring partner! Curiousity, Inc., you old mod, you! Godziller! t3cii, old friend! Even Nite Owl, who I don't know that well, and Avatar III, and even Feliciano 182, who once threatened me with bodily harm!

Hahaha I don't know if the fact that I didn't get a subtitle is a good thing or what.

Anyway, welcome back.

feliciano182 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

Kingmob, a good man he must've been :cry: !

Yeah, I'm intrigued now. Too bad I'll never meet him.

(or maybe that's a really good thing)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:41 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Godziller66 wrote:

He would have hated you.

You guys could always check out his old posts. He managed to insult just about everyone on this site. Even Dave Gibbons when he posted here as Moe Vernon. Like, okay, we didn't know it was Gibbons at the time, but it's just funny to think he was getting smart with one of Watchmen's creators.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 pm 

t3cii wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

He would have hated you.

But...I come in peace.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:02 pm 
Tired of Earth.

i thought that kid was hilarious.

stupid, but funny.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:23 pm 

t3cii wrote:
He would have hated you.

You guys could always check out his old posts. He managed to insult just about everyone on this site. Even Dave Gibbons when he posted here as Moe Vernon. Like, okay, we didn't know it was Gibbons at the time, but it's just funny to think he was getting smart with one of Watchmen's creators.

What was up with him ?

And no, I'd rather ask than look through his old posts, sue me !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:16 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
He would have hated you.

What was up with him ?

And no, I'd rather ask than look through his old posts, sue me !

The best way to describe him would be to say he didn't suffer fools gladly. If he thought you were posting something stupid, he wasn't shy about telling you. He was a bit of a curmudgeon, and didn't have much patience for silliness, which is why I think he probably wouldn't have liked Godziller. He was here to talk about the Watchmen movie, and that was it. He created the "Watchmen Movie Questions that don't merit their own thread", although if I recall correctly, it went under a less civil title. He could be very abrasive, which made some forum members want to wind him up even more. I think he even called someone a cunt at one point. He also rarely posted in the other non Watchmen related boards, although he once asked for some help for an entertainment blog he was doing. Me and AYB were the only members who offered suggestions, but even then there wasn't a word of thanks or acknowledgment.

The funny thing is, I almost always agreed on his opinions on the Watchmen production, and the book in general. I think that's what prevented him from being banned, he actually could talk Watchmen. He just had a total lack of tact.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:07 pm 

t3cii wrote:
The best way to describe him would be to say he didn't suffer fools gladly. If he thought you were posting something stupid, he wasn't shy about telling you. He was a bit of a curmudgeon, and didn't have much patience for silliness, which is why I think he probably wouldn't have liked Godziller. He was here to talk about the Watchmen movie, and that was it. He created the "Watchmen Movie Questions that don't merit their own thread", although if I recall correctly, it went under a less civil title. He could be very abrasive, which made some forum members want to wind him up even more. I think he even called someone a cunt at one point. He also rarely posted in the other non Watchmen related boards, although he once asked for some help for an entertainment blog he was doing. Me and AYB were the only members who offered suggestions, but even then there wasn't a word of thanks or acknowledgment.

The funny thing is, I almost always agreed on his opinions on the Watchmen production, and the book in general. I think that's what prevented him from being banned, he actually could talk Watchmen. He just had a total lack of tact.

The guy sounds hilarious just by your description :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:

The guy sounds hilarious just by your description :lol:

He sounds like Smutty if Smutty was extremely unlikable.

Post subject: New Broads?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 am 
A brother to dragons.

t3cii wrote:
The best way to describe him would be to say he didn't suffer fools gladly. If he thought you were posting something stupid, he wasn't shy about telling you. He was a bit of a curmudgeon, and didn't have much patience for silliness, which is why I think he probably wouldn't have liked Godziller. He was here to talk about the Watchmen movie, and that was it.

That about sums it up. Yep. He was on the original Paramount Watchmen board, too, and had pretty much the same attitude, except worse. He had mellowed out considerably by the time this place was getting rolling.

WJK wrote:
i thought that kid was hilarious.

He was, unless his ire got aimed at you. Then, he suddenly became not so funny anymore. That Mere Being guy was who really brought out the best in him. He would be funny while he was insulting people, but he didn't really start to sing until Mere Being showed up. It was art. An angry, vulgar art, but art nonetheless.

Godziller66 wrote:
Hahaha I don't know if the fact that I didn't get a subtitle is a good thing or what.

In light of what I had to work with, consider yourself lucky.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Here's a great Kingmob quote I found:

Quote:
Listen you stupid fuck, as much as I think that strongerlovingworlds militant attack against Snyder for not spilling all the beans at ComiCon is wrong, I'm getting sick to fucking death of your broadsides against people on here for analysing the directorial decisions.

As has been said before, this isn't a wimpy, fairweather fan board blinded by pretty colours and some resemblance to the GN. This is a place to discuss all the changes, both good AND bad. If you don't like that, and are happy to ignore these changes rather than consider the reasons why they might be wrong, fuck off this board. You're not wanted.

He even got into an argument with Soupdragon, who is probably the most laid back member of this forum. Also, one time, he insulted me, but he did it in such a way that coming from him, it seemed like gentle ribbing. :)

Basically he would be the guy at the poker table who just wanted to play cards, no distracting chit chat. Just "shut up and deal!".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:29 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I like this one

Kingmob wrote:
Fucking hell, what on earth is going on here. Does it really need a discussion? And did we really need to know how many cocks you'd seen SS. Congrats, I'm sure your fiance is head over heels happy about that fact.

Jesus H Christ.

This is in relation to Dr. Manhattan's schlong in the film vs the comic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:38 pm 

t3cii wrote:
Basically he would be the guy at the poker table who just wanted to play cards, no distracting chit chat. Just "shut up and deal!".

Yeah, that or he'd be the guy that would flip the table and call everyone a dirty mother fucker if he got a bad hand...

Post subject: In With The New,
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 am 
A brother to dragons.

t3cii wrote:
Here's a great Kingmob quote I found:

Quote:
Listen you stupid fuck...

Any post that starts like that is bound to be insightful. You know what, though? He was dead on in what he was saying. There were a lot of "trust blindly in Snyder and never criticize" types, which never made any sense to me. It would have reduced all commenting to "omg this movie I cant wait ha ha Zack Snyder!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Broken Finger wrote:
Hm, who am I missing?

*waves excitedly*

I can't believe it's been over two years since I last posted. I must admit, this place is livelier than I assumed it would be after all this time.

Now be honest, does anyone remember me or did I leave as little of an impression on you all as I thought I did?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 pm 

Sasso wrote:
Broken Finger wrote:
Hm, who am I missing?

*waves excitedly*

I can't believe it's been over two years since I last posted. I must admit, this place is livelier than I assumed it would be after all this time.

Now be honest, does anyone remember me or did I leave as little of an impression on you all as I thought I did?

I remember you.

Btw, we have a facebook group page now, in case you didn't know.