All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Newly Bored?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Sasso wrote:
Broken Finger wrote:
Hm, who am I missing?

*waves excitedly*

I can't believe it's been over two years since I last posted. I must admit, this place is livelier than I assumed it would be after all this time.

Now be honest, does anyone remember me or did I leave as little of an impression on you all as I thought I did?

To be honest, you left quite the impression on me after an elaborate hate-post on Rorschach, pretty unusual for a Watchmen fan I must say !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:28 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Godziller66 wrote:
I remember you.

Btw, we have a facebook group page now, in case you didn't know.

I'm rather surprised that I remember you too, if I'm being truthful. You signed up here as I was on my way out.

Is there a new Facebook group or are you guys still using the old page* in which you incorrectly guessed that I was some guy named "Chris Blackius"?

* http://www.facebook.com/groups/47164957598/

feliciano182 wrote:
To be honest, you left quite the impression on me after an elaborate hate-post on Rorschach, pretty unusual for a Watchmen fan I must say !

Heh, I actually don't recall that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:35 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Sasso wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:

Heh, I actually don't recall that.

It was more of a "discussion", but it was the first time I saw someone saying Rorschach was a dumbass, which was quite surprising at the time to me, a lot of people see this movie and think it's called "Rorschach's Sacrifice".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:55 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Sasso wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
I remember you.

I'm rather surprised that I remember you too, if I'm being truthful. You signed up here as I was on my way out.

Is there a new Facebook group or are you guys still using the old page* in which you incorrectly guessed that I was some guy named "Chris Blackius"?

* http://www.facebook.com/groups/47164957598/

I don't even remember why, but this has been the main one for awhile. http://www.facebook.com/groups/121900377870309/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Godziller66 wrote:
Sasso wrote:
Broken Finger wrote:
Hm, who am I missing?

*waves excitedly*

I can't believe it's been over two years since I last posted. I must admit, this place is livelier than I assumed it would be after all this time.

Now be honest, does anyone remember me or did I leave as little of an impression on you all as I thought I did?

I remember you.

Hi Sasso!

Post subject: Re: In With The New,
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 pm 

Broken Finger wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Here's a great Kingmob quote I found:

Quote:
Listen you stupid fuck...

Any post that starts like that is bound to be insightful. You know what, though? He was dead on in what he was saying. There were a lot of "trust blindly in Snyder and never criticize" types, which never made any sense to me. It would have reduced all commenting to "omg this movie I cant wait ha ha Zack Snyder!"

I was posting here for a year under a slightly different name. Then I got into it with Kingmob over a small point of disagreement, and he basically insulted my mother in particular and parentage in general in a pretty ugly, and specific, psycho-sexual way. I brought it up with the forum bosses who decided this didn't warrant any action, so I left the forum (this was just after the film came out). I came back a year later when I realised the place no longer reeked of Kingmob filth.

Post subject: Neu Baten?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:45 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Sasso wrote:

Of course I remember you. We had an odd relationship, you and me. I agreed with much of what you said about the movie, and I applauded loudly when you were the first to openly say the motion comic sucked. And yet, you always seemed to take issue with my more extravagant flights of attempted humor. Oh well, water under the bridge.

I also have sworn to never buy a DC comic ever again! We have so much in common!

Mister Pain wrote:
I was posting here for a year under a slightly different name. Then I got into it with Kingmob over a small point of disagreement, and he basically insulted my mother in particular and parentage in general in a pretty ugly, and specific, psycho-sexual way. I brought it up with the forum bosses who decided this didn't warrant any action, so I left the forum (this was just after the film came out). I came back a year later when I realised the place no longer reeked of Kingmob filth.

Link! Link!

Post subject: Re: New board?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Sasso wrote:

I think I may have pissed you off regarding my opinion on a Watchmen tattoo you were thinking of getting. Or maybe that was SkaOreo?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

Post subject: Re: Neu Baten?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 pm 

Broken Finger wrote:
Sasso wrote:

Of course I remember you. We had an odd relationship, you and me. I agreed with much of what you said about the movie, and I applauded loudly when you were the first to openly say the motion comic sucked. And yet, you always seemed to take issue with my more extravagant flights of attempted humor. Oh well, water under the bridge.

I also have sworn to never buy a DC comic ever again! We have so much in common!

Mister Pain wrote:

Link! Link!

Hah! Not sure I can even search deleted nicks (my old one), and hell's teeth if I can't be arsed!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:54 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Mister Pain wrote:
Hi Sasso!

Nice seeing you again, Mister Pain. It's been a while!

t3cii wrote:
We need to round up the usual suspects. Kingmob, Empire X, Mike Tyson, the Veidt Method are currently missing in action. Broken Finger and Vynson are still at large.

I forgot to address this in my initial message but I'm almost certain that EmPiiRe x logged back in here at least once after his final post. I recall scanning some old threads here the week before the Director's Cut of Watchmen came out and I saw several of his old posts. He still had that quote in his signature (I don't remember what it specifically said, but I believe it was from a movie) and then I took a brief break from here so I could remain spoiler-free about the scenes that were added into the film. When I came back a week or so later I was, again, looking through an old topic and when I came across an old EmPiiRe x post I couldn't help but notice that his signature had changed to...

Quote:
He did it.

...seemingly in reference to the then-newly released version of Watchmen. "He" meaning Zack Snyder, I presume.

Broken Finger wrote:
Of course I remember you. We had an odd relationship, you and me. I agreed with much of what you said about the movie, and I applauded loudly when you were the first to openly say the motion comic sucked. And yet, you always seemed to take issue with my more extravagant flights of attempted humor.

Yes, we did have a peculiar relationship with each other. I certainly hope that I didn't leave the impression that I disliked you. For what it's worth, when looking back on your older posts I find them to be much funnier now than I did back in the day.

Broken Finger wrote:
Oh well, water under the bridge.

I was going to say something to the effect of "Yes, quite!" or "concurred!" but, upon further reflection, this wee morsel triggered a 'Nam-esque flashback...

Broken Finger wrote:
the motion comic the motion comic the motion comic

Arrgh! Well, fuck you. I had done such a splendid job of putting that...thing behind me. Now...it is all flooding back. All of it. Tranny Laurie, Mr. Stechschulte getting a little too caught up in the scene between Roschach's mom and the John, the once-elegant Adrian Veidt walking as if he'd soiled himself...

Broken Finger wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

I just realized, by swearing never to buy Dc Comics ever again, aren't you not just hurting the company, but good talent à la Alan Moore as well?

It seems a little counter-productive to the point when you look at it like that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Godziller66 wrote:
I just realized, by swearing never to buy Dc Comics ever again, aren't you not just hurting the company, but good talent à la Alan Moore as well?

It seems a little counter-productive to the point when you look at it like that.

If I was doing it to hurt the company you would have a point. As I stated in another thread...

Sasso wrote:
I'm not doing it to make a point or hurt their wallet (because neither one of those will happen), I'm just doing it because I no longer feel comfortable giving them any more of my money.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 am 
A brother to dragons.

Godziller66 wrote:

I will continue to support Moore through all of his other projects, so I'm not hurting him at all. If the "good talent" you mention wants to throw their lot in with DC, that's all fine and good, I certainly don't begrudge them a living, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to participate in them making that living.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:12 am 
A brother to dragons.

Sasso wrote:
Arrgh! Well, fuck you.

Ha ha!

Sasso wrote:
I had done such a splendid job of putting that...thing behind me. Now...it is all flooding back. All of it. Tranny Laurie

I have one line in particular stuck in my head, even after all of these years, that pops up randomly from time to time. It's Big Tom as Sally saying, "It's like vitamins!" Always makes me lose my shit.

Sasso wrote:
Mr. Stechschulte getting a little too caught up in the scene between Roschach's mom and the John

Gross.

Sasso wrote:
the once-elegant Adrian Veidt walking as if he'd soiled himself...

I don't remember that. I may have to hunt it down. Just for the laughs, mind you.