WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:36 pm 
The Watcher

No surprises here, but DC doesn't give a shit about this site and it's fans.

Since this site debuted, I've been trying to make contact with DC Comics and DC Direct to simply get on their press list so I can receive press releases, artwork, photos, or anything else that they share freely with the media. I've been ignored at almost every turn. I've emailed DC and DC Direct several times, reached out to Dave Gibbons and John Higgins (who also spoke to DC on my behalf the few times they ignored me). No response, no emails, no phone calls. Nothing.

Christ, when DC Direct refused to send me samples of their movie merch, TFAW.com sent me some freebies.

Warner Bros., Zack Snyder, Dave Gibbons, John Higgins and many others tied to the movie have always been helpful, gracious, kind and incredibly supportive of the site.

DC, however, could give a fuck.

I don't know why they don't care, but soon, I'm not going to care anymore, which is a shame especially for the loyal fans of this site who are interested in Before Watchmen.

It takes a lot of time, effort and energy to update this site, record and transcribe phone interviews, hunt down new interviews, scan the inter webs for any news or other reportable tidbits, go to Cons, etc.

Seriously, I'm not asking for much. First, I just want to be on the press list - get the same treatment that all other media outlets get. Second, I'd like to be considered for, and given some exclusives. Without exclusives we can't attract new fans. Third, it would be nice to get review copies and product - even stuff I can use for giveaways for contests.

Just wanted to vent here and let you guys know where my head is.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:50 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

That sucks. If anything, they should try to reach out to sites like ours, especially considering the amount of negativity there is towards this new project. You would think we would be their target audience, but I guess not?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:26 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

t3cii wrote:
That sucks. If anything, they should try to reach out to sites like ours, especially considering the amount of negativity there is towards this new project. You would think we would be their target audience, but I guess not?

It makes sense. But they might view it as a waste of time since most likely we'll all be curious enough to buy it anyways.
Either way, flat out ignoring you isn't cool. At all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:34 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Well folks, how about a boycott?
Let's just dl this shit illegally.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:02 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Huh. And all this time, I thought that treasure trove of merch came from WB. Ah, well.

You're doing great things here, boss. Frankly, I consider it a miracle that the site and the forum have continued existing for this long. We've come this far without their support, and with the prequel comics coming out, we've got another chance to grow even stronger than ever before. If DC doesn't want to be a part of that, it's their fucking loss.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:55 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Yup., what Curi said.
It's a whole department at DC being lazy mofo's, basically. A reflection on their general corporate culture maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:22 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Mister Pain wrote:
Yup., what Curi said.
It's a whole department at DC being lazy mofo's, basically. A reflection on their general corporate culture maybe?

Which at the same time seems really weird, I tried taking Devil's Advocate here but how hard can it be to put someone on a mailing list ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:10 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I bet it's because this site doesn't attract the same amount of attention as CBM or SHH

's okay, I like this site not being full of shitheads.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:43 pm 

WJK wrote:
I bet it's because this site doesn't attract the same amount of attention as CBM or SHH

Still, what do they got to lose for adding another site ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:26 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

DDC > DC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 am 

Who needs them? I have been on this site everyday for the last few years and it has nothing to do with DC, it has to do with all the hard work and love you've put into making this such a great site.

I'd like to say two things:
1) Thank you for everything you've done for us, DDC.
2) Fuck You, DC.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:24 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Who needs them? I have been on this site everyday for the last few years and it has nothing to do with DC, it has to do with all the hard work and love you've put into making this such a great site.

I'd like to say two things:
1) Thank you for everything you've done for us, DDC.
2) Fuck You, DC.

Pure truth. I second this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:58 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

feliciano182 wrote:
WJK wrote:

It's not even fair to compare general comic book news sites like that with a site that deals with a single property like this, which is more comparable with Batman on Film or something, but even them Batman has more comics, more movies and more fans in general.

Besides, we're not big because we don't get scoops, and we don't get scoops because we're not big? That's not really fair is it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:35 am 
The Watcher

feliciano182 wrote:
WJK wrote:

It's not even fair to compare general comic book news sites like that with a site that deals with a single property like this, which is more comparable with Batman on Film or something, but even them Batman has more comics, more movies and more fans in general.

Besides, we're not big because we don't get scoops, and we don't get scoops because we're not big? That's not really fair is it?

That is the Catch 22. Without scoops, we can't attract more visitors.

Site traffic is actually decent. Over the past few months the main site alone pulls in an average of 500 visits a day with about 2,000 page views. I don't even track the forum because you knuckleheads blow the curve ;)

And yes. The crux of this is just "add me to the standard media mailing lists." No special treatment. That's what really grinds my gears.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:37 pm 
The Watcher

Well, I just landed an exclusive interview with a comics professional that has worked on the Watchmen movie as well as with Alan Moore. Got it myself with no help from DC or anyone else. Something to look forward to in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:42 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Well, I just landed an exclusive interview with a comics professional that has worked on the Watchmen movie as well as with Alan Moore. Got it myself with no help from DC or anyone else. Something to look forward to in the coming weeks.

Sweet. Can you drop any names?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:23 pm 
The Watcher

Godziller66 wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:

Sweet. Can you drop any names?

Isn't it more fun to guess? A couple more clues. He's worked on 2000AD as well as Captain America.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:27 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Dave Gibbons!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:46 pm 
The Watcher

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Dave Gibbons!

No! He is a brit, but he lives in California now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:18 pm 
The Watcher

http://gizmodo.com/5890905/dcs-new-website-will-have-a-bunch-of-exclusive-before-watchmen-content/gallery/1

I'm done. Please get all of your Before Watchmen news on another website. I will not be posting anymore here or on the Facebook page. Bye bye.