WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shit On (D)DC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:18 pm 
The Watcher

Broken Finger wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
The time I spend posting on this site could be spent with my family, friends, or building my business. I refuse to spend my valuable time promoting their products for free if they could give a fuck about me, this site or the fans that follow it.

So, I'm out. In fact, at this point I refuse to buy the prequels.

I'm not taking down the site, and I'll continue to post on the forum, but other than that, I'm done.

Man, this thread has it all! Disgruntled anger, frustration, resignation, and ultimate decision-making finality!

It might be worth putting a editorial on the main site, explaining that the site will no longer be posting new news though. We don't want people who don't use the forum visiting and wondering why there's no news.

Did he ever do this? I'll go check.

Nope, apparently not.

Should I waste my time and put something on the main site? I feel like I will just come off like a whining baby. Unlike DC, shouldn't I take the high road on this?

UPDATED: Also - to add some context to my beef - someone who is directly involved in the 'Before Watchmen' project reached out to DC, on my behalf, and still nothing. Today I was told by that individual that this person they contacted at DC no longer works there, so a new request is being sent to their replacement.

Now, even if something happens, it will feel like being invited over the phone to a party that's happening tomorrow. One in which printed invitations were mailed out month's earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:26 pm 
A brother to dragons.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Should I waste my time and put something on the main site? I feel like I will just come off like a whining baby. Unlike DC, shouldn't I take the high road on this?

I hate to see any opportunity to badmouth DC go to waste, but I can certainly understand your concerns. I suppose how you came off would depend entirely how you worded it.

I respect your reasons for spending less time on the main site, though (family, friends, actual business), and spending any more of your time slinging up a diatribe against DC would take away from any time you've gained.

It's a real toss-up, in my opinion.

Post subject: Make Shit Up, (D)DC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:34 pm 
A brother to dragons.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
UPDATED: Also - to add some context to my beef - someone who is directly involved in the 'Before Watchmen' project reached out to DC, on my behalf, and still nothing. Today I was told by that individual that this person they contacted at DC no longer works there, so a new request is being sent to their replacement.

Now, even if something happens, it will feel like being invited over the phone to a party that's happening tomorrow. One in which printed invitations were mailed out month's earlier.

Maybe you should wait, then, and see what happens with this new contact of your mysterious acquaintance.

Post subject: Re: Make Shit Up, (D)DC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:25 pm 
The Watcher

Broken Finger wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:

Maybe you should wait, then, and see what happens with this new contact of your mysterious acquaintance.

So it has been 10 days since my 'Before Watchmen' contact reached out to DC yet again to ask them to put me in the press loop. No response. The final nail is in the coffin. I have told my 'Before Watchmen' contact - and a friend of this site - that even if they do get in touch with me now, I will not respond, and that he should not even feel the need to follow up.

He explained that he wants to ask DC why because he is "not happy now."

I will wait until the weekend, then - reasons from DC provided or not - I will post this whole ordeal on the main site in an article for all to see.

Post subject: Re: Make Shit Up, (D)DC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:03 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I will wait until the weekend, then - reasons from DC provided or not - I will post this whole ordeal on the main site in an article for all to see.

Fuck yeah DDC ! Go for it !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:25 pm 
The Watcher

Okay. I'm sparing my wrath for now. As it turns out two of the contacts I had no longer work for DC. It seems their publicity department has had a big staff turnover as of late, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they have been busy and that many of my requests were being ignored by folks on their way out the door or who no longer worked there.

Due to the nudging of one of my 'Before Watchmen' contacts someone from DC publicity - a new name I never heard of - emailed me asking what it was I wanted. I have told her. Lets see if anything happens and how long it takes for a response.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:58 am 
The Watcher

I just received a care package from DC. It has all of the prequel comics up to the Ozy one being released this week along with the official media documentation. Looks like I'm finally on the list.

You can expect reviews of each issue on the main site - assuming that DC keeps sending them - the day of the the release of each issue.

These will be very unbiased reviews, because, as I've said before, I'm not a big comics reader, so I really don't know much about these artists and writers to be swayed by their previous work.

ALSO: What do I do as far as the comics that past? Should I do one article with condensed reviews of Minutemen #1 up to Nite Owl #1. Let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:17 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I just received a care package from DC. It has all of the prequel comics up to the Ozy one being released this week along with the official media documentation. Looks like I'm finally on the list.

You can expect reviews of each issue on the main site - assuming that DC keeps sending them - the day of the the release of each issue.

These will be very unbiased reviews, because, as I've said before, I'm not a big comics reader, so I really don't know much about these artists and writers to be swayed by their previous work.

ALSO: What do I do as far as the comics that past? Should I do one article with condensed reviews of Minutemen #1 up to Nite Owl #1. Let me know what you think.

WOOHOO! congrats DDC, although I hope it doesn't feel like too little too late, now you are on the list, let's hope you get treated with respect as a dedicated Watchmen news site.

as far as issue reviews go, I say do what you have time for, and feel the issues deserve, plan to do a single article with condensed reviews but if you find yourself having more to say about a particular issue, and more time and energy to say it, I guess that means that it deserves to have more said about it, and perhaps you could go into a bit more depth in a separate article.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:36 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

That's great news and I agree with Avatar.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:23 pm 

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I just received a care package from DC. It has all of the prequel comics up to the Ozy one being released this week along with the official media documentation. Looks like I'm finally on the list

About fucking time !

Still, great news at least.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:24 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Congrats, DDC! I'm looking forward to the reviews!

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:48 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Yup, good news!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:12 am 
The Watcher

Bad news. I was looking forward to my preview/review copy of Minutemen #2 this week, but it never came. My guess is, unless I continue to prod DC and my contacts, no others will be forthcoming as well.

Turns out my relationship with DC is like one with a psycho ex-gilfriend. Well, I've had enough and I'm breaking up with her for good.

So. No reviews, no articles, and likely no posts on the forum for quite some time. I just really don't care anymore and I have lots more important things I need to tend to.

Later.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:59 am 
Existence is random.

I've always had a bit negative image about DC, so that didn't come as a surprise. I have been boycotting DC after their announcement about Before Watchmen. All they care about is money and how to milk it from fans/readers (sadly many companies does this).

DDC, I understand your frustation, so if you feel that is the best choice I have nothing against it. Thank you for your all hard work you have done with the site and forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:33 pm 

Ninjet wrote:
I've always had a bit negative image about DC, so that didn't come as a surprise. I have been boycotting DC after their announcement about Before Watchmen. All they care about is money and how to milk it from fans/readers (sadly many companies does this).

Aren't you reading Before Watchmen ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:38 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
Ninjet wrote:

Aren't you reading Before Watchmen ?

She's downloading the issues, no doubt. By "boycotting", I assume she means she's not giving DC any money.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:56 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
She's downloading the issues, no doubt. By "boycotting", I assume she means she's not giving DC any money.

Why thank you chivalrous knight ! But I kinda wanted the answer from her :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

Well, I'm, like, one hundred percent sure I'm right.

So take it or leave it, guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
Well, I'm, like, one hundred percent sure I'm right.

So take it or leave it, guy.

I LEAVE IT !

*Inmaturily shows tongue*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:45 am 
Existence is random.

feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

Godziller answered hundred percent right. I'm not buying anything anymore which has DC's trademark on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next