All times are UTC - 5 hours

Will you read Before Watchmen?
Yes 48%  48%  [ 10 ]
Yeah, but I'm not paying for it 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:01 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I was surprised this poll hasn't been made yet, so simply: will you read Before Watchmen?

I was really on the fence on the grounds that I just don't feed it necessary to have any continuations. The beauty of the novel and its legacy is that it is absolute but I still thought: maybe it won't be too bad?

After hearing what DC did to this site, I'm sure I won't read it. While I've not been the most loyal poster (there was a 2-year period where I never contributed to the forum) I've always been a lurker of sorts and enjoy you guys and your discussions. They're insightful and often hilarious. I have hardly any friends who can discuss comics or film with me, let alone Watchmen. To hear that DC wouldn't support the one website where they can truly get a feel for fan consensus is disturbing and enough to help me confirm that Before Watchmen simply isn't going to be for me.

Now that I've rambled I'd love to hear what you cats have to say and whether or not you'll actually take a peak at this shit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:39 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I'll dl it, read it once, give my thoughts, then get rid of it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:40 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I won't go out of my way to read it. I won't rush out to buy it and I won't look for any places to download it.

But if a copy just happens to fall into my lap (as a birthday present, for example), or if I'm wandering through a bookstore with nothing to do, then sure I'll read it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:59 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I won't go out of my way to read it. I won't rush out to buy it and I won't look for any places to download it.

But if a copy just happens to fall into my lap (as a birthday present, for example), or if I'm wandering through a bookstore with nothing to do, then sure I'll read it.

This. Although should a tpb come out, and I happen to spot it at the library, I'd probably check it out.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:21 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

I adore most of the writers and artists participating in this project, and I was intending to buy them, but I need to cut down on my comics purchases, because I'm actually moving out of home tomorrow and am gonna have to pay for food and rent and shit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:54 am 
Nothing ever ends.

I voted yes, although since I'm picking and choosing which to buy my answer is, in some senses, also no.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:52 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

It's tough for me because I don't normally buy comics, I haven't decided if I should make an exception for BW, or download it, or just wait for TPB like I do with everything else.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:41 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I will most likely rush to get them when the first issue comes out. Mainly because i'm not really THAT upset Allan isn't doing them, but i'm intrigued to read how they are and stuff. I was also going to try and wait to see your guises opinions on them. I'm really looking forward to these.

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:02 pm 
New Frontiersman

Wouldn't read this garbage if you paid me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:31 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

you guys do know your are not gonna have Alan Moore put a spell on you if you read it right?

dont be scared of the beard :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Project862006 wrote:
you guys do know your are not gonna have Alan Moore put a spell on you if you read it right?

Fuck his magic, have you seen his hands? It looks like he wears rings made of switch-blades and left-over parts from Nazgul armor! I'm more afraid of him punching me then casting a spell.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:01 pm 
Minuteman

I'll download it and if I like it I'll buy the Absolute Edition (which I'm sure will be coming one day).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:15 pm 
The Watcher

If DC Comics sends me review copies, I will read them. So I guess I'm not reading them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:19 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

doomsdayclock wrote:
If DC Comics sends me review copies, I will read them. So I guess I'm not reading them.

ohsnap.jpg

HarryKeogh wrote:
I'll download it and if I like it I'll buy the Absolute Edition (which I'm sure will be coming one day).

I actually bought the absolute edition awhile ago, but I always find myself coming back to my original paperback copy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:45 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Godziller66 wrote:
doomsdayclock wrote:

ohsnap.jpg

HarryKeogh wrote:

I actually bought the absolute edition awhile ago, but I always find myself coming back to my original paperback copy.

I don't buy the absolute editions because I love just grabbing trades and reading them... Absolute editions look great on a coffee table, but you can't "curl up in bed" with one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Wish I could change my vote.
I've made up my mind. These look horrendous. Count me out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:04 am 
Nothing ever ends.

ViolentNewCountry wrote:
Project862006 wrote:

Fuck his magic, have you seen his hands? It looks like he wears rings made of switch-blades and left-over parts from Nazgul armor! I'm more afraid of him punching me then casting a spell.

This, a thousand times over. Lolz!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:12 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

ViolentNewCountry wrote:
Project862006 wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 pm 
Crimebuster

I'll read a few of them in the store. I'm a loyal comic book purchaser and the people working at the comic book store I go to know this. I know for a fact that they don't care about people reading comics in the store as long as it doesn't get out of hand. So yeah. I'm set. Also Alan Moore said that anyone who buys the prequels looses their permission to ever buy a comic written by him again. He legit doesn't want their business. He would rather see a section of his fans not buy his work then have a section of fans who supported the prequels. Also I've bought comic books from DC that I didn't like before, so it makes sense that I shouldn't buy some comics that I actually will like. Flawless logic. I dare you to pick a hole in my perfected system of facts and values. Come at me. You won't succeed. Go for it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I wonder if Alan Moore would publicly support the illegal downloading of the prequels.