Will you read Before Watchmen?
Yes 48%  48%  [ 10 ]
Yeah, but I'm not paying for it 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I wonder if Alan Moore would publicly support the illegal downloading of the prequels.

Probably not, it seems like he hates the idea of people reading them at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:21 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I wonder if Alan Moore would publicly support the illegal downloading of the prequels.

Probably not, it seems like he hates the idea of people reading them at all.

Most likely.

Though it makes me wonder what his stance on illegal download of comics is, I would've said not first-hand, but after seeing Gaiman's weirdly supportive stance, I guess everything's possible :o !

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:25 am 
Crimebuster

I am awaiting this series with a lot of expectations, understandably it won't reach the magnitude the original series did but it will be a great companion in my eye. The thing I am most looking forward to seeing is the fate of Hooded Justice, I want to know if they are going to go with the Comedian killing him or with James Gifford's version where he lived which is chronicled in Occulted Watchmen: The True Fate of 'Hooded Justice' & 'Captain Metropolis' , Even Gibbons was amazed at it that he didn't deny it. Plus more Dr Manhattan can never be a bad thing to me as he is the best character in the series in my mind. Though nothing will ever reach the greatness of Chapter IV I hope it comes close.

Post subject: Never Compromise
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 am 
A brother to dragons.

Nope. Not even remotely interested.

Further, I have decided to never buy a DC comic book again until a public apology is bestowed upon Mr. Moore and all rights to Watchmen have been granted to its creators.

So, I figure the boycott is in all likelihood a lifelong boycott. Whatevs.

Post subject: Re: Never Compromise
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:36 am 

Broken Finger wrote:

Further, I have decided to never buy a DC comic book again until a public apology is bestowed upon Mr. Moore and all rights to Watchmen have been granted to its creators.

Also:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:09 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Broken Finger wrote:

Out of curiosity, are you normally a big comic book reader?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

Post subject: Re: Never Compromise
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:11 pm 

Broken Finger wrote:

Not all the other creatives they've screwed over? What makes what they did to Moore worse than what they did to Siegel and Shuster?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:33 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Not all the other creatives they've screwed over? What makes what they did to Moore worse than what they did to Siegel and Shuster?

That's a fair question, Brooklyn, and I think the answer is that, no, there is not much difference in DC's actions towards Siegel and Suster (not to mention Bill Finger) and Moore, Gibbones, and Higgins; it is, I think, my love of Moore and his writing in general and Watchmen in particular that makes this case different.

t3cii wrote:
Out of curiosity, are you normally a big comic book reader?

If your intention is to impugn my boycott as an empty gesture, then...you have succeeded. No, I'm not (anymore). I have thousands and thousands of comics I bought and loved over the years, but the only thing I currently buy on a regular basis are the trades of Garth Ennis's The Boys.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:52 pm 

Broken Finger wrote:

That's a fair question, Brooklyn, and I think the answer is that, no, there is not much difference in DC's actions towards Siegel and Suster (not to mention Bill Finger) and Moore, Gibbones, and Higgins; it is, I think, my love of Moore and his writing in general and Watchmen in particular that makes this case different.

Reasonable response. I've just come to notice a lot of people rage over Marvel's treatment of Kirby and DC's treatment of Moore and neglect the myriad other creators that have been burned by the big two.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:58 pm 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Reasonable response. I've just come to notice a lot of people rage over Marvel's treatment of Kirby and DC's treatment of Moore and neglect the myriad other creators that have been burned by the big two.

That doesn't mean anyone is being neglected, assuming someone should get a letter of apology from an editorial is not saying others shouldn't get it.

If I say "Christina Hendricks should be named hottest woman on Earth", does that mean I think Kate Upton is ugly ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:51 am 
Crimebuster

feliciano182 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

That doesn't mean anyone is being neglected, assuming someone should get a letter of apology from an editorial is not saying others shouldn't get it.

If I say "Christina Hendricks should be named hottest woman on Earth", does that mean I think Kate Upton is ugly ?

Seconded. I'm pretty sure you're using a specific sort of logical fallacy in your statement Dr. Brooklyn, but I'll look up which one later.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 am 
A brother to dragons.

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

That's very true, and I have to guess that this an emotional response as opposed to a rational one. Whatever hits closer to home is the thing people are most outraged by. If you're a huge fan of Superman, then the Siegel and Shuster sitch will be the one that gets you the most. I've always been bothered when creators are treated poorly by the comics industry, but only to the level of saying, "oh, that's shitty." Of course, not only is Moore the writer I admire the most in this instance, he's also the one who gets asked about it the most and gets the most publicity for it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:48 am 
So impotent.

What exactly is before watchmen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 am 

Hunter wrote:
What exactly is before watchmen

It's a group of mini series that serve as prequels to Watchmen.