Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Totally Trippy Time
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:31 am 
The Watcher

Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
WJK wrote:
But he still has the chance to change it, he just chooses not to.

This makes me wonder if he knew that he would leave Earth. If he didn't know about the cancer scam, y'know?

He didn't.
Two words: tachyon interference.

With Veidt having presumably prepared his plan well in advance of its climax and so having switched on his tachyon generators in good time, the resultant emissions not only cloud Jon's knowledge of future events - among them said cancer revelations and decamping to Mars - but also significantly disorientate him: "...muddling things up", as Jon himself goes on to comment.

And that unfortunate Vietnamese lady? Well, don't forget: "A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there is no discernable difference." Distant and cold... but true.

So, Writer, I know you're not reading the prequels, but do you think it is out of character for the Doc to cheat so he is paired up with Silk Spectre instead of Rorschach at the Crimebusters meeting. Wouldn't Doc just accept whatever random pairing came out of the hat?

Post subject: Re: Nite Owl
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:14 pm 
So impotent.

I can't wait to read these. I'm waiting until #4 comes out & I'll the get the set of 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:35 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

A new Nite Owl fan? o_o

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:28 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

I quite enjoyed this last issue, I don't like the redesigned Owl costume, but the way Rorschach and Nite-Owl balance each other out is one of the high points of the prequels thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
And that unfortunate Vietnamese lady? Well, don't forget: "A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there is no discernable difference." Distant and cold... but true.

Well, not for sure.
The jury is out on this one. Some quoted experiments state that a recently deceased body weighs up to a pound less than when it was alive, though it may feel heavier as it no longer has the ability to manage it's own weight re-distribution, something living people are pretty good at.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:23 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Mister Pain wrote:
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:

Well, not for sure.
The jury is out on this one. Some quoted experiments state that a recently deceased body weighs up to a pound less than when it was alive, though it may feel heavier as it no longer has the ability to manage it's own weight re-distribution, something living people are pretty good at.

What an odd comment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Godziller66 wrote:
Mister Pain wrote:
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:

Well, not for sure.

What an odd comment.

I'll take that as a compliment, and toast myself another crumpet.

*munch munch munch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Mister Pain wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Mister Pain wrote:
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:

Well, not for sure.

What an odd comment.

I'll take that as a compliment, and toast myself another crumpet.

*munch munch munch.

Crumpets used to bully me when I was a lass.

Post subject: Dead Loss
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:17 pm 
New Frontiersman

Mister Pain wrote:
Well, not for sure.

Ah, the old 21 gram theory?
No scientific study has substantiated such an idea of weight loss upon death, with the 21 gram concept relegated to urban legend status. Many centuries of cadaver research and autopsy have carefully examined organs, bones, nerves, brain, blood, neurochemistry and other vital body parts; none has found any structural or biochemical difference between a live and dead body. The dead body is simply missing an immeasurable element of life that once animated the body: an invisible force that gives the body personality, energy, motivation, and the will to survive... a 'soul', if you really need to romanticise it.

I prefer to butter a hot muffin, myself.