WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I wonder if Jeffery dean morgan wore the gimp mask during the fight ? anyway, I hope they have footage of this fight on the dvd.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:45 pm 
Indestructible Man

Mothman wrote:
I wonder if Jeffery dean morgan wore the gimp mask during the fight ? anyway, I hope they have footage of this fight on the dvd.
I don't.

As much as I would've loved to have been a part of it (and I suck at paintball), I wouldn't want to see it on the DVD. It should be a personal thing, a fun time to be shared among those in the production (and those who were lucky enough to have been nearby).

It's their memory. Let them have it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:17 am 
Minuteman

WOOOOHOOOOOO! SPARK HYDRANTS?! MEAN-ASS, KID-CHEWIN' DOGS IN A CREEPY HOUSE? Dont act like you didnt take a PALE HORSE poster. SCAN THAT BITCH for the rest of us!

*Speechles with rage and jealousy of thy neighbor's goods.*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:05 am 
...I am Pagliacci.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
One thing I just noticed about the patch is that it has two crossed cutlasses. Black Freighter reference?

I think it's just a reference to real army cavalry logos:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:04 am 
New Frontiersman

Great story- I do believe HappyHarry is the envy of everyone on these boards. Sounds like everyone involved had a really fun time.

I don't want to be negative, but just a quick observation: if we were getting squid, wouldn't portions of the set have been, I dunno, destroyed, in order to resemble the destruction that it caused? I don't know much about special effects, I just feel like that's how it would be. Either way, if HappyHarry saw such things I'm sure he's not permitted to tell us (which is entirely cool and understandable). I wa sjust a little curious.

But back on positive things, I'm glad to see that the cast seemed to get along well. Sounds like a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:29 am 
Indestructible Man

floydtheater07 wrote:
I don't want to be negative, but just a quick observation: if we were getting squid, wouldn't portions of the set have been, I dunno, destroyed, in order to resemble the destruction that it caused? I don't know much about special effects, I just feel like that's how it would be. Either way, if HappyHarry saw such things I'm sure he's not permitted to tell us (which is entirely cool and understandable). I wa sjust a little curious.
!

Well it seems to me that the alternative endings would also include the destruction of the intersection, wouldn't they? Nah the only thing this story could tell us about squid is if Harry said "Oh yeah and there was this giant prosthetic squid"
Maybe there was ;) Maybe there's some things he's not allowed to tell us...
I doubt it tho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:45 am 
New Frontiersman

Quote:
...alternative endings would also include the destruction of the intersection, wouldn't they?

Not necessarily. All previous script efforts/theories/internet speculation I've read, which have variously involved the use of orbiting laser satellites, faked Dr Manhattan death lightning, or 'alien' energy tentacles, have resulted in the vaporization of the human populace (leaving behind eerie, scorched shadows a la Hiroshima) whilst leaving the surrounding environment relatively intact... rather like the theory behind the neutron bomb.

Notwithstanding the use of CG in post, maybe HH can specifically indicate as to what extent the Institute For Extraspatial Studies was trashed during his visit as a possible indicator of the extent of fidelity to the comic?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:15 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Bald Is Beautiful wrote:
Dont act like you didnt take a PALE HORSE poster. SCAN THAT BITCH for the rest of us!

Have you ever tried to take down a poster that's been glued up? Not much point. Besides, I was a guest. :)

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Maybe there's some things he's not allowed to tell us...
I doubt it tho

To be totally honest with you, no one's told me what to say or what not to say in this piece. I came up with some things I thought would be nice to share, hopefully without spoiling anything, and had DoomsdayClock and his Warner contact review my story, and they basically OK'ed everything I wrote. I figured if anything, the reference to the spark hydrants might have been omitted, but no. And as I've said before, if this piece didn't come together I would have been fine with that too.

But I wouldn't have asked anyone I met to tell me any secrets, either. It would have been really rude and totally inappropriate to, say, ask Zack in person (or anyone else) how the movie will end. In fact, that stuff was all pretty far out of my mind with so much else going on. We fans have already heard set reports from extras who drew the line at what they wanted to divulge "out of respect" for the production and the secrecy they've maintained, and I've admired that, and now I can totally relate to it too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:47 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Mothman wrote:
I wonder if Jeffery dean morgan wore the gimp mask during the fight ?

Jeffrey wasn't there that morning. The only main cast present were Malin & Billy, plus Zack and a whole bunch of folks from various departments brave enough to get up that early on a Sunday morning.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:25 pm 
Indestructible Man

HappyHarry wrote:
Mothman wrote:
I wonder if Jeffery dean morgan wore the gimp mask during the fight ?

Jeffrey wasn't there that morning. The only main cast present were Malin & Billy, plus Zack and a whole bunch of folks from various departments brave enough to get up that early on a Sunday morning.

Was Neville there? :D

HappyHarry wrote:

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Maybe there's some things he's not allowed to tell us...
I doubt it tho

they basically OK'ed everything I wrote. I figured if anything, the reference to the spark hydrants might have been omitted, but no.

So in your opinion, are we likely to get squid?
Was great reading your story, Harry!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:48 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Was Neville there? :D

I had to think for a minute or two to remember who Neville is. I never heard of Neville Page until his possible involvement came up here on this site a few weeks ago. I don't know any more than you do - probably less, in fact, seeing as I had to remember who he is!

AYBGerrardo wrote:
So in your opinion, are we likely to get squid?
Was great reading your story, Harry!

Your guess is as good as mine. I kinda don't want to know yet either way, to be honest.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:36 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Great rounding off to the story, Happy Harry. Smiling like a big kid here.

You realize that badge is quite the trophy! Very cool bit of film memorabilia. What a bizarre and truly "awesome" thing for a member of this site to be involved in.

Congratulations!

/Mark

urk! — spelling

Last edited by Soupdragon on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:26 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Well, if the Institute for Extraspatial Studies is part of the set, would that not indicate that the Squid stays in the picture? Is there any other reason for it being there? What else is the Institute tied to besides just the squid?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:06 pm 
New Frontiersman

'Alien energy tentacles', if there's any grain of truth in a rumour that received some coverage here on this very forum a while back.

A squid-esque method of annihilating half NYC, apparently... but not exactly what we see on the page.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:32 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Great report. Nice personal story combined with some film detail. Very interested to read about the Scary House.