WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:55 pm 
I DID IT!

DoomsdayClock wrote:
And please, if you're a member of another forum, post a link on it. It's up to you to spread the word.

Done and done! Put up a public post in my LiveJournal and emailed the link to all my friends to make sure they got it :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:23 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Number 1233 here. I did add a small caveat, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 pm 
The Watcher

1259 now and the petition is not even 24 hours old.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:57 am 
A brother to dragons.

Broke 1400 signatures now. Hopefully, 2000 before the day is done. I think 5000 total would be enough to send the message, what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:51 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

The Veidt Method wrote:
Broke 1400 signatures now. Hopefully, 2000 before the day is done. I think 5000 total would be enough to send the message, what do you guys think?

The Uwe Boll one has like 250000 signatures.

I think we need 25000 to even start considering it to be serious.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:12 am 
A brother to dragons.

Cirex wrote:
The Veidt Method wrote:

Yeah, but I don't think Uwe Boll exactly counts a fanbase as one of his strong points.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:43 am 
Watchmaker

Cirex wrote:
The Veidt Method wrote:

If Snyder views this site, I'm sure he'll see it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:10 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

The Veidt Method wrote:
Cirex wrote:
The Veidt Method wrote:

Yeah, but I don't think Uwe Boll exactly counts a fanbase as one of his strong points.

If we could turn Uwe Boll haters into Watchmen fans...

Hurm.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:25 am 
The Watcher

We're also the #2 top petition on the home page.

Coincidentally, #1 is a another petition to WB protesting the Harry Potter release date move.

ALSO: If you posted a link to the petition in another forum... bump it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:31 am 
Alien Squid Monster

It is doing better than on the IMDB board, where it lingers at 206 now. While that super dumb "ME TOO!" script seekers thread there got half that many posts already.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:54 am 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

SWEET! #2 BABY! We're getting more sigs than that dumb Tropic Thunder boycott! (BTW, saw the movie last night, it was HILARIOUS)

-John Cale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:47 pm 
Crimebuster

The Veidt Method wrote:

I think the only message that the WB pays any attention to is their bottom line. It needs to be enough people saying they will go and buy a ticket to see the movie even at 3 hours long. I have no idea how many people that would be but that's what I think it would take. There's still plenty of time to get the word out and blow them away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:06 pm 
Watchmaker

Two Riders wrote:
The Veidt Method wrote:

I think the only message that the WB pays any attention to is their bottom line. It needs to be enough people saying they will go and buy a ticket to see the movie even at 3 hours long. I have no idea how many people that would be but that's what I think it would take. There's still plenty of time to get the word out and blow them away.

Exactly. But only a limited time for them to consider the petition and talk about it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:24 pm 
The Watcher

io9.com is mocking us...

http://io9.com/5037802/who-wants-to-watch-three-hours-of-watchmen

I think we need to write an intelligent retort. I don't care if we start a flame war either because the publicity would be good.

The gist of the retort, which I thought was inherent in our petition, is..

Quote:
We support a 3 hour Watchmen, if Snyder feels his movie requires a three hour runtime. Duh. We're not trying to force a three hour cut just for the sake of a having movie that length.

I'm going to write this tonight and post it later.

Funny thing is go to io9, and read the comments under the article. Most of them are on our side.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:47 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

hell look at LOTR - ROTK it made almost 380million and it was 4hrs and 10min. long

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:50 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Fuck those guys. First, he refers to Watchmen as a comic strip. What the fuck? Second, reading most of the comment section, it seems the majority our on side with the petition.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:31 pm 
Vigilante

DoomsdayClock wrote:
io9.com is mocking us...

http://io9.com/5037802/who-wants-to-watch-three-hours-of-watchmen

I think we need to write an intelligent retort. I don't care if we start a flame war either because the publicity would be good.

The gist of the retort, which I thought was inherent in our petition, is..

Quote:
We support a 3 hour Watchmen, if Snyder feels his movie requires a three hour runtime. Duh. We're not trying to force a three hour cut just for the sake of a having movie that length.

I'm going to write this tonight and post it later.

Funny thin is go to io9, and read the comments under the article. Most of them are on our side.

I wouldn't respond at all - it's very clear this guy is writing this because he's bored and has nothing to do. I also think it's great publicity for the petition. Dignifying his so-called 'critique' with a response will imply that we think what he has to say is important. Let him bitch away and let more people sign up if they agree with the petition's aims.

S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:34 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

yeah, their a buch of jerkoffs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:35 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Yeah, I'm sure... *checks petition* 1,675 people from all over the world are going "boo hoo hoo" and changing their minds just because someone on io9 thinks that the petition is misguided.

Hell, reading the comments for that story, I'd say that io9 might have done us a favor. I'm sure at least one or two io9 readers signed the petition after that article.

Don't bother writing a rebuttal, DD. Spreading word of this petition is always a good thing, but this io9 goofball has already done that for us.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:43 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I kind of agree with his revised petition. A three hour cut in and of itself doens't mean anything to me. I just want it to be a good movie, however long that might be.

I'd have to see the three hour cut to know whether any of it could be trimmed down or not, or whether it needed to be. It seems kind of silly to stick to some arbitrary running time as if that's what Watchmen needs to be at. I mean, didn't one of Snyder's recent interviews indicate that he himself was trying to cut it down a bit, just because he felt it was a little too long?

I support the "Let Snyder make Watchmen as long as it needs to be to be a good movie" petitiion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next