WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:59 pm 
The Watcher

AYBGerrardo wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
I'm allowed to bring a guest (no, don't ask me, I'm bringing my wife)

Aw c'mon - surely Curi deserves the spot!

He does, but, well, he lives in Oregon and the event is in NY.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:01 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Pffft...
That's only a coupla thousand miles...
Any truly dedicated fan could do it in his sleep :P
Just messin with ya Curi!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:54 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

The set visit, now this!? Lucky S.O.B.!

On the set visit you mentioned that you were there during filming between Malin Akerman and Patrick Wilson. How was Ms. Akerman's acting? Was it good enough for Watchmen? Did she become Laurie?

Anyway, I hope you can tell us what was shown. . .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:23 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

strongerlovingworld wrote:
Don't they have sunglasses that can record video now? You should totally get one DDC, THAT'D BE FUCKING SWEET!!!

Haha.

No but really... please get those.

I am absolutely DYING to see some footage aside from the trailer... not having been to comic-con... I bet/hope some bootleg footage will show up eventually.

Haha you're so lucky DDC... you have to tell us all about it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:27 pm 
The Watcher

Alfonso wrote:
On the set visit you mentioned that you were there during filming between Malin Akerman and Patrick Wilson. How was Ms. Akerman's acting? Was it good enough for Watchmen? Did she become Laurie?

I covered this in another thread a while back... Yes, she is great. Perfect Laurie.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:14 pm 
Tired of Earth.

DDC, do you have a camera on your cellphone?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:29 pm 
Tired of Earth.

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Pffft...
That's only a coupla thousand miles...
Any truly dedicated fan could do it in his sleep :P
Just messin with ya Curi!
Thanks for the sentiment, AYB. I'd be there if I could, trust me.

Oh, and DD will hopefully be able to tape-record the Q&A session. I'll get to typing that up as soon as it's sent to me.

Side note: I've had the chance to talk with DD's wife a few times. She's a lovely person and I really do hope they have a great time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:04 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

That sounds like it should be great fun! I hope its really great, and can't wait to hear impressions!

Now, more important is the matter of recording the event! We've developed a camera small enough to fit inside this oversized novelty hat. But you must be in and out in 10 minutes or you'll suffer severe neck damage! :P
(Hopefully someone else remembers that episode)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:34 pm 
I DID IT!

Oh my goodness, that's very exciting!

I wholly understand that you can't record this footage (damn it), but tell us whatever you can about it when you get back. We'll be sitting here like a herd of tiny but hungry puppies waiting for whatever scraps you can throw us.

"Under no circumstances should anyone encourage the ordinary person to be funny."
--Bob Mackey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:03 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Cool DDC

And any of you who may be thinking "why DDC — the lucky git"? Just look at this site.

Doesn't happen by itself. And it's shrewd marketing. Spreading the word...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:29 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Just got an invite in the mail from WB inviting me to an event on Oct. 6th in NYC where there will be showing some footage from the Watchmen film.

The footage will be introduced in person by Zack Snyder and will be followed by a Q&A with Snyder and Dave Gibbons.

Now, from what I've been told, this footage will be mostly never before seen stuff and will be actual scenes with dialog. I was not told how long the footage will run, but the guess is between 20 and 30 minutes.

They will also be holding the same event in LA, but I'm not sure of the date.

Of course, I am thrilled to have been invited and want to thank WB for asking me. :D

you could go there with a big hat on, if you know what I mean... :mrgreen:

there's just one little something bugging me...how come no one in all bloody Internet did a single comment about the 'supertrailer' and pics exhibited in england??? it's unbelieveable...

...and where's the Gibbons' Q&A??

oh and DD, if Kevin Smith is there, please, punch his hand over a table.

strongerlovingworld wrote:
Don't they have sunglasses that can record video now? You should totally get one DDC, THAT'D BE FUCKING SWEET!!!

hahahaa...that's what I thought...

this time, please...someone should record something, it's just so unfair. let someone upload it to rapidshare or whatever. damn, we lost the footage at comic con, at that UK comic con and now this!? no, no, no.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:09 am 
The Watcher

Mere Being wrote:
this time, please...someone should record something, it's just so unfair. let someone upload it to rapidshare or whatever. damn, we lost the footage at comic con, at that UK comic con and now this!? no, no, no.

It's a press event, so I doubt anyone is going to try and shoot the footage. I will do my best to remember every detail and report back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:40 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Congrats DD. Good to see the site getting more exposure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:59 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Lucky bastard. Glad to hear you got an invite to this. You deserve to be there more than anyone else, IMO...

BUT, when the hell are the rest of the fans going to get to see some new footage of this fucking movie? I'm tired of the press getting all of the privileges when it comes to seeing new footage. The fans of Watchmen are the people who are going to make this movie #1 at the box office the day it's released. I think we deserve SOMETHING for that. Hopefully, the new video journal 2 weeks from now has something substantial in it.

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan." ~ Prof. Milton Glass - DR. MANHATTAN, SUPER-POWERS AND THE SUPERPOWERS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

It's been said before, and I'll just say it again: Doomsday, you're a really lucky guy. Though, I seriously doubt it, I hope we will be able to see this footage before the movie comes out, if not, I trust that you will tell us of every detail. The 6th is gonna be a good day for Watchmen fans.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:17 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

you're officially obliged to give us a minute-to-minute update like u did in the comic con...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:54 pm 
The Watcher

Mere Being wrote:
you're officially obliged to give us a minute-to-minute update like u did in the comic con...

Ain't gonna happen.

I won't be the only press guy at the event. I learned a tough lesson at Comic-Con: I can't deliver what a staffed media outlet can, so I'm not going to try.

Chances are I'll be scooped by someone else faster then I can post something here.

Expect my full report later that evening.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:01 pm 
I DID IT!

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Mere Being wrote:

Ain't gonna happen.

I won't be the only press guy at the event. I learned a tough lesson at Comic-Con: I can't deliver what a staffed media outlet can, so I'm not going to try.

Chances are I'll be scooped by someone else faster then I can post something here.

Expect my full report later that evening.

In all honesty I'd much prefer your thought out, honest report on the footage than the usual ZOMG!!!!oneoneoneeleven! type scattershot "reporting" that immediately follows such things.

Screw their 'scoops', i'll stick with the reliable stuff I can trust :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:12 pm 
Crimebuster

Congrats, DD!

You sure deserve it... I don't think you're lucky, luck doesn't have nothing to do... You have worked rather hard with this site and it is paying off... good job!

Keep us informed, and, please, try to guess when are we going to see another trailer... cant wait!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:49 pm 
Close to locating a gluino.

really pleased for you ddc! any chance you can ask for an exlusive journal while you're there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next