WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

What do you think of MCR's "Desolation Row" Cover?
Love it. 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
Ehhh. 43%  43%  [ 46 ]
Hate it. 38%  38%  [ 41 ]
Total votes : 108
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:25 am 
The Watcher

Smiley wrote:
AYBGerrardo wrote:
Smiley wrote:
AYBGerrardo wrote:
I've found the full mp3. But I think I'll keep it to myself.

PM it to me.

Didn't you hear me? The answer's no.

Ok, sorry. Did I do something to offend you?

No illegal music sharing on this forum please. That's why.

But Smiley makes a good point AYB. It's like you announcing that you have cupcakes and then telling everyone they can't have one. Keep it to yourself next time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:28 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

P.S. I had cupcakes but I ate them all myself. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:30 am 
Watchmaker

Alright, sorry DDC.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:32 am 
Nothing ever ends.

I wonder if it wouldn't have worked better to have this track open the movie instead of close it out. I still think it's yucky, but if it had to be used, it might work better elsewhere in the film. Even during the film, as background. You know, a "harm reduction" kind of approach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:49 am 
Crimebuster

Not great.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:14 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

oh,
http://www.6lyrics.com/music/my_chemica ... _row1.aspx

looks like they kept all the song without cutting it unlike they said(this could be wrong though)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 pm 
Watchmaker

apex1125 wrote:
oh,
http://www.6lyrics.com/music/my_chemica ... _row1.aspx

looks like they kept all the song without cutting it unlike they said(this could be wrong though)

All they did was take the lyrics from the Bob Dylan version and assume MCR was keeping everything. They're obviously not though, I'm pretty sure they'll be cutting more than half of the lyrics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:30 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Location: She is all States, and all Princes, I, nothing else is.
EmPiiRe x wrote:
If they have hundreds of thousands of knot-tops rockin' out to Pale Horse just as the "event" overtakes New York, I couldn't care less if the new ending was an invasion of giant hamsters, because that would be the coolest thing since Sam Elliot's mustache.

Wait...remember how Gerard Way said his song was "integral" to Watchmen's ending?

What if...what if the Knot-Tops are rocking out to this song/Pale Horse as the Jonergy detonates, while the song extends over the Jonergy bombs causing devastation (Or...desolation?) everywhere? It'd make sense in context of the film, and manages to fit the "integral ending" Way was talking about.

...although personally, I'd want an epic/orchestral track playing as the Jonergy bombs go off instead of this song. But maybe that's just me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:36 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

AYBGerrardo wrote:
P.S. I had cupcakes but I ate them all myself. ;)

:o bastard

I really don't like the sounds, I thought "Oh I'll give them the BotD, but they proved they don't desrve it, Does anyone know if there was some copyright thing preventing the original Dylan song? because if not it just seems foolish to uses a new version, the only one I'd consider (a new version) is Hendrix's "All along the Watchtower" but that's probably just me...

JiangWei23 wrote:
...although personally, I'd want an epic/orchestral track playing as the Jonergy bombs go off instead of this song. But maybe that's just me.

When ever I read the book, I picture complete and utter silence from the end of the 35 minutes ago panel until Jon's line in chapter 12, maybe wind blowing during the squid, but no music, nothing except the reader (viewer) and the squid (and the countless bodies)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:39 pm 
Watchmaker

JiangWei23 wrote:
EmPiiRe x wrote:
If they have hundreds of thousands of knot-tops rockin' out to Pale Horse just as the "event" overtakes New York, I couldn't care less if the new ending was an invasion of giant hamsters, because that would be the coolest thing since Sam Elliot's mustache.

Wait...remember how Gerard Way said his song was "integral" to Watchmen's ending?

What if...what if the Knot-Tops are rocking out to this song/Pale Horse as the Jonergy detonates, while the song extends over the Jonergy bombs causing devastation (Or...desolation?) everywhere? It'd make sense in context of the film, and manages to fit the "integral ending" Way was talking about.

That would be pretty cool. What I would prefer over the bombs going off would be like a siren (like in The Dark Knight). Then they could flash to the shocked faces of everyone on the street, like in the novel. Then I would pan through the destruction (like in the novel) over "The Sound of Silence" or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
JiangWei23 wrote:

When ever I read the book, I picture complete and utter silence from the end of the 35 minutes ago panel until Jon's line in chapter 12, maybe wind blowing during the squid, but no music, nothing except the reader (viewer) and the squid (and the countless bodies)

Oh, undoubtedly. Scarily enough, you described the exact way I imagined sound in XII, complete with "maybe wind blowing". :? Just utter destruction with no one alive for a certain radius.

With the movie though, I expect something different, what with the bombs being set off all over the world instead of just New York. But if over-the-top orchestral music is too much for some people during the destruction, I'd be fine with a single, solemn piano tune playing to really hammer home the moment.

Hm, preferably that sad piano piece that plays at the beginning of the Watchmen TV spots. That'd be perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 pm 
Vigilante

My Chemical Romance as Pale Horse killed by the explosion? I hope so.

The song is not bad, but it would be better in Spiderman 4.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:49 pm 
Watchmaker

JiangWei23 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
JiangWei23 wrote:

Oh, undoubtedly. Scarily enough, you described the exact way I imagined sound in XII, complete with "maybe wind blowing". :? Just utter destruction with no one alive for a certain radius.

Haha, that's exactly how I imagine the beginning of Chapter 12 too. Something about the way Gibbons drew it...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:13 pm 
The Watcher

Just a thought...

Why not use "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning" as the end credits song?

1) People love that song from its use in the trailer
2) The title ties in with the end of Watchmen and "Nothing ever ends."

Done.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:14 pm 
Gazing into the abyss.

Since when was this track moved to anywhere but the credits? We know what ends the movie so would the morons who can't be bothered to keep track of things on here, either stop posting completely or start acting like you're not a bunch of newbs and educate yourselves.

We'll have all the epic bizness then we get the final scenes ending on the reach for Rorschach's journal, right?? BANG, cut to 'Desolation Row'.

Whatever your thoughts of whether this is a masterpiece of music, sonically, it's going to work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 pm 
The Watcher

Kingmob wrote:
Since when was this track moved to anywhere but the credits? We know what ends the movie so would the morons who can't be bothered to keep track of things on here, either stop posting completely or start acting like you're not a bunch of newbs and educate yourselves.

So cranky.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:28 pm 
Watchmaker

Kingmob wrote:

We'll have all the epic bizness then we get the final scenes ending on the reach for Rorschach's journal, right?? BANG, cut to 'Desolation Row'.

Whatever your thoughts of whether this is a masterpiece of music, sonically, it's going to work.

Calm down. People were just specualting whether the song might *possibly* be used elsewhere in the film.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:53 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

MCR sucks, never liked them.

"Do it for meat."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:13 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Just a thought...

Why not use "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning" as the end credits song?

1) People love that song from its use in the trailer
2) The title ties in with the end of Watchmen and "Nothing ever ends."

Done.

True dat. Instantly recognizable to people who were introduced to "Watchmen" through the TDK trailer, and for the second reason you already listed. Is there some rule where you can't use film trailer music in the film itself? I mean, if you already paid for the rights to it then why not stick it in the film, especially with TBITEITB?

I know several of my friends who were disappointed that they didn't hear "Just Like You Imagined" in "300", for instance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:33 pm 
Watchmaker

JiangWei23 wrote:
I know several of my friends who were disappointed that they didn't hear "Just Like You Imagined" in "300", for instance.

And I know I was pissed when I didn't hear Paper Planes in Pineapple Express... :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next