WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Any advance screenings??
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:24 am 
Alien Squid Monster

To celebrate my 100th post in here 8-) , I wanted to ask an Aussie question.

Most of us know that Watchmen will premiere in Oz on Thursday March 5th (ahead of the majority of the world).

But have any Aussie's heard about advance screenings anywhere? Be interested to hear if anything's going on. Will have to ask at the local comic book store tomorrow. See if they've heard anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 am 
Alien Squid Monster

:oops: just realised I posted this in wrong forum..

[NOTE: Moved. --"Curiosity Inc."]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:21 am 
Vigilante

I don't think there's any exact details on an advance screening as of yet, but my friend who works at Greater Union is convinced there is one. That's about it.

By the way, you in Sydney?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 am 
Alien Squid Monster

I work at the ABC and I know from the Exec Producer of At The Movies there will be media screenings coming up soon.

My wife is working on some promos for the film with Nova Radio and expects thee to be some preview screening for give-aways the week before release.

Thast all I know

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:19 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Cheers guys. Hopefully more details coming up.

Nope, not in Sydney. In the capital.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:39 am 
A pretty butterfly.

I'm hoping Myspace do that Black Curtain Screening thing, I have no problem going into Perth or whatever to see Watchmen early :)

http://vimeo.com/korireaymackey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 pm 
Minuteman

I'm based in Perth, Australia. Does anyone know of any advance screenings here? Hardly anything amazing happens in Perth, haha. I'm considering booking my tickets soon, I didn't know it's getting released on the fifth instead of the sixth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:49 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Kadajiroth wrote:
I'm based in Perth, Australia. Does anyone know of any advance screenings here? Hardly anything amazing happens in Perth, haha. I'm considering booking my tickets soon, I didn't know it's getting released on the fifth instead of the sixth.

Haha yeah Perth never gets anything special lol. We get it on the fifth because our movies usually come out on Thursdays, so that might be why? Either way, its awesome :D

http://vimeo.com/korireaymackey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 am 
Vigilante

Aussiemandias wrote:
I work at the ABC and I know from the Exec Producer of At The Movies there will be media screenings coming up soon.

My wife is working on some promos for the film with Nova Radio and expects thee to be some preview screening for give-aways the week before release.

Thast all I know

At the Movies? I really do hope David and Margaret enjoy Watchmen. Considering how they both liked The Dark Knight and Margaret loved Iron Man, I'm hoping for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:05 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

i was sitting here thinking maybe when the movie is released on opening weekend they might have special shows with a Q&A with the directors and/or actors, maybe.

i mean i dont know if they have anything like this planned or not. doesnt sound too unreasonable to me. Those kind of things are done usually in LA or new york. i live close enough to LA and i know i would go for sure. i went to see Hellboy 2 with a intro and a Q&A with Guillermo Del Toro, which was cool. and when i went to go see Che there was a Q&A after with Benicio and some others. i dont think it would be to farfetched to think that could happen.

what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:13 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

A whole new thread? Really?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

yeah... i combed through the threads looking for one similar but didnt find any. and didnt wanna put this in the junk thread at the top.

feel free to move it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:02 pm 
Tired of Earth.

In the interest of preventing this from happening again, I've retitled Hooded Justice's thread and merged it with hank's.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:58 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Was there any word about how the film was from the Portland screening? There was so much fuss made about how the ending was changed but I didn't hear much about what the reaction to it was

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:29 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

MrEgotistical wrote:
Was there any word about how the film was from the Portland screening? There was so much fuss made about how the ending was changed but I didn't hear much about what the reaction to it was

From what I could gather the audience response from the Portland screening was very positive. However, the information we have from it is limited. DDC or oreodogvomit could probably give a more accurate answer since they both have spoken with people who attended the screening.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:09 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

If it's shown early here, my buddy will let me know about it.

Whether or not I'll get in is another matter... but I should be able to wangle it.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:26 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Where in Portugal,the movie premieres in 5th,but this is a big movie,and right now is being backed by one of the biggest media outlets in my country.They already are airing new tv spots(the first trailer,modified,with a difrent music),on their more "younger people" orientated cable channel(from 18 to 45 demographic),and I can say you that is is new where.A movie coming out in month getting tv spots is unheard .

That being said that media group is the same that publishes the FHM magazine here in my country,and they usually give away tickets to national premieres(the day before the day the movie premieres),so I think that I can get to see the movie on the 4th of March.No matter what I´m watching it the 5th.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:38 am 
Crimebuster

I will probably get to see the movie in press screening around the 25th.
Can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:31 am 
Watchmaker

olbertfrog wrote:
Can't wait!

You lucky bastard!!! :mrgreen:

I will have to wait until the 6th, unless I win some ridiculous contest.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:41 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Smiley wrote:
olbertfrog wrote:
Can't wait!

You lucky bastard!!! :mrgreen:

I will have to wait until the 6th, unless I win some ridiculous contest.

But it will be worth every day!Your avatar is the living proof of that!